Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking Let the Brother in Law Test Drive My Car

Ya I know there are folks in here that never let someone else drive their cars, but to me it is a car and it is insured and besides that I trust the guy.
My brother in law came down from Maine yesterday for the Memorial day weekend and he didn't even know I had a Camaro. I pulled up and walked in and the first words out of his mouth was "Wow! sweet car! is it a V6 or a V8?"
Well seeing as I am getting used to the ol' question I came up with an answer over the last 6 months, my answer was-"You tell me!" and I threw the keys his way, he gladly obliged.
From the moment he got in the car I saw an instant permagrin setting in and I knew he was hooked the second he put the hammer down.
He was impressed at how hard it pulled when he punched it, he even thought it was actually a V8 even though when he started it up it didn't sound like a V8, I finally reassured him that it was a V6 and he was really surprised, in fact he even enjoyed the car that much more because he couldn't believe how hard the car pulls with the V6.
The main thing he really liked about the car was actually the paddle shifters, he had a lot of fun with those.
I told him that the V8s are nice and that they are real beasts and he would really like them as well, but all he kept telling me was that if he got the V8 then it would be parked in the garage all winter long up there in Maine and he would hate the thought of that.
After the drive he went over the car really well and actually liked the set up I have with the 18" rims on the 1LT Non RS, and the heritage grill.
He then tells me that he noticed that I dont have those "tacky" halos, and if I took them off, I filled him in on how those are a RS package and that is an option, I even spelled out the total RS option and cost to him and he says "screw that! I like the exact package you have in this car"
He told me that buddies of his have Mustangs and one of them has an SS up there in Maine, and since he now had a chance to try one out (without a sales man trying to sell him one) he really likes the looks of the Camaro over all and that his mind is very well made up on one.
This is not a thread to bash the SS or the RS package, so people please dont go there. I just thought I would share this story.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Thats pretty cool. Everyone that rides around with me says the same sort of thing. "Wow, pulls hard for a V6" or some variant of that.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
seminolejon

Drives: 2011 2LS V6
Great story! Love my 6!
seminolejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Very cool. Pretty hard not to love our cars. When he gets one you will have to post up a family fleet photo of the 2 Camaros together when you get a chance.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Nice I let my brother in law drive mine also and he really liked it also. Only other person that has drivin my camaro other than my dad.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
My brother turned 16 last November and doesn't have very much driving experience but the day I let him drive mine he LOVED it. I've been taking him with me for years and giving him advice while driving around and it has paid off. He's a great driver.

I was at his house one day and it hit me that he had never driven my car after 2 months. I think he was under the impression that I would never let him drive my car because when I asked him his face lit up.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
I've let my brother drive my car and in return he lets me drive his HD Roadking.
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Had eye surgery recently and been letting my buddy drive my car to get me to work and such. He's in love with my car. And there is no doubt mine is a v8 when you start it lol
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
I think just about everyone I know has driven my car.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
I have 4 brothers-in-law and wouldn't let any of them drive so much as a '72 Pinto. You guys are lucky.
CamaroWinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Heh heh he is already bugging me for another drive today lol
Old 05-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
sam.mak

Drives: 2012-2lt.RS Black(ext)/beige(int)
hey guess what even my brother in law drives my camaro sometimes ) he always tells me "Man i love you Camaro " lol !!
sam.mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
I would let my sister drive my camaro Under Two conditions If i could drive her 73 Cuda And she would have to be able to drive a stick The car bug runs in the family.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
I would let my sister drive my camaro Under Two conditions If i could drive her 73 Cuda And she would have to be able to drive a stick The car bug runs in the family.
......................sweet