Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-21-2017, 07:32 AM   #29
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
About the same for me.

Isn't it amazing how the youth of today are so lazy? That combined with their feeling of entitlement...it's just terrible.
They are incredibly lazy and have the feeling of entitlement. It's scary to think that these are going to be the people running the country in a few years.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:01 PM   #30
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
The previous generations have always had similar sentiments about "the youth" and how lazy they are compared to themselves.

That sentiment is overwhelmingly false, but the stereotypes persist. As far as running country goes...well, lol, I can't even begin to say what I'd like to say, but i'm hopeful it can only get better from here.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #31
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I would say it's actually true. Because with time, comes more technology, which has caused each generation to become more and more lazy.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #32
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
My Uncle's Furniture Store - Warehouse / Make Stuff / Deliver Stuff - 15 to 17 years old

Sears - Sales Associate (Commissioned) in Paint / Sporting Good / Tools / Lawn+Garden - 17 to 21 years old

College Coffee Shop - Manager - 19 to 21 years old (same time as Sears)

Politics - Various Internships - 19 to 21 years old (same time as Sears and Coffee Shop)

Politics - Lobbyist then Political Aide - 21 to 23 years old (this is when I learned Politics is B.S....however I did make really good money that helped me invest which then helped me pay for my '16 SS!)

Non Profit #1 - Assistant V.P. of Resource Development - 23 to 26 years old

Non Profit #2 - Director of Resource Development Operations - 26 to 30 years old

Non Profit #3 - Vice President of Resource Development - 30 to 37 years old

Non Profit #4 - Chief Executive Officer - 37 years old (start in about a week)
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #33
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
The previous generations have always had similar sentiments about "the youth" and how lazy they are compared to themselves.

That sentiment is overwhelmingly false, but the stereotypes persist. As far as running country goes...well, lol, I can't even begin to say what I'd like to say, but i'm hopeful it can only get better from here.
There is substantial evidence to say with confidence that the youth of today don't carry the same work ethic and drive that we had while growing up. That's not to say that there are exceptions because there are.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #34
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I would say it's actually true. Because with time, comes more technology, which has caused each generation to become more and more lazy.
Let's hope with more technology, each generation become more efficient.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:16 PM   #35
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookemHorns View Post
There is substantial evidence to say with confidence that the youth of today don't carry the same work ethic and drive that we had while growing up. That's not to say that there are exceptions because there are.
scholarly, peer reviewed evidence....?

oh, please do share!

yeah, i'll be honest, that's sarcastic cuz i doubt the majority, or even a decent % of said type of study will confirm the stereotype. I mean, i don't know how you are definig "Youth", but the myths of lazy millennials is just that, a myth.

what is "same work ethic and drive"? if you mean lazy, then it is simply not true to any level of saying with confidence that the broad brush applies to all but a select few who have found a way to overcome their generational generalization.

peace!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #36
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
This.

Quote:

Quote:
scholarly, peer reviewed evidence....?

oh, please do share!

yeah, i'll be honest, that's sarcastic cuz i doubt the majority, or even a decent % of said type of study will confirm the stereotype. I mean, i don't know how you are definig "Youth", but the myths of lazy millennials is just that, a myth.

what is "same work ethic and drive"? if you mean lazy, then it is simply not true to any level of saying with confidence that the broad brush applies to all but a select few who have found a way to overcome their generational generalization.

peace!
While I understand your reasoning behind the first statement (to which I am not disagreeing) I have disagree with the second.

An app to "control" everything...
"Smart things" to do what "we" are too lazy to do....

Shit I saw a tv info ad the other day for an automatic jar opener. Really?

"This" generation barely knows how to even speak and have a conversation because it's too much effort to think and form a coherent sentence. The use of "like" and "umm", statements like "you know what I mean" (every time I hear that I say "no what do you mean") are out of control. I heard someone the other day use "definitely" and "probably" in the same sentence.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #37
DenverTaco07

Let me rephrase my statement - Millennials are no MORE or LESS lazy than Gen X as is true with Gen X to Baby Boomers.

Traditionalist to Baby Boomers: "Look at you lazy a-holes, you have automatic starting cars, you mean you don't have to get out and crank it like us hard working types".

Boomers to Gen X: "Look at you lazy a-holes, you don't have to type on a typewriter, go back with white out or start all over...you have "word processors" you lazy bums!"

Gen X to Millennials: "Look at you lazy a-holes, you don't have to go to the store to get stuff, you just log into Amazon.com on your smart phone - you lazy bums!"

look, technology used by the newer generations has always made them "lazy" according to previous generations.

in terms of language - even more examples of the same type of sentiments from previous generations to younger generations...it's the same.

anyway - it doesn't make "them" less or more, better or worse - it just makes them, them.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #38
PoorMansCamaro

I believe there are studies that show Gen y, or millennials, have actually turned down jobs if they weren't allowed to use social media. Meaning, they think social media is just as important as food, water, shelter, etc. And maybe lazy is not the right word to use. More like entitled.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #39
DenverTaco07

Baby Boomer to Gen Xer: "You turned down a job cuz they said you had to work 80 hours a week and you want to spend some time with your family - you entitled little weasel!!!"
Old 08-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #40
PoorMansCamaro

Now you are just trolling, because that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:53 PM   #41
DenverTaco07

ok, you're right...everyone younger than you is "entitled". And statistically speaking they all turn down jobs because they can't use facebook.

the point I was attempting to make with my scenario is that every generation views the next or younger generations as "lazy", "entitled"...blah blah blah. What is important to them, isn't important to you, and what is important to you, probably wasn't important to the generations before you.

Just because the realities of younger people are different than the ones you grew up with, doesn't make them some form of lesser...they are lazy, they are entitled, they don't know the value of money...they don't...whatever. it's all just BS bro, but i'm sure nothing I say will dissuade you from painting with that huge broad brush of yours.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

Not sure why you are getting butthurt. I didn't use the word "everyone" or "all" one time in any of my posts. Loosen up a bit.