Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #449
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherRideChevy View Post
Received my 2016 camaro SS in January, and unfortunately experiencing the rear end groan before 2500 miles. Service center finally decided to do fluid changes after multiple vists to just prove the noises. Problem persists and now told to prove it once more.
Also make sure you take the poll:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479244

Bill R
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:52 AM   #450
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I'm using fluid part # 88862624 successfully. Mobil 1 started groaning after about 2 months. I went back to 88862624 which at the time (last February) was the specified fluid. It has been quiet ever since.

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #451
cryssm

Drives: Car
I already posted earlier that I had the groan issue, but figured I'd add a bit more information:

I had the fluid changed by the dealer back in August 2016, with 88862624. Groan has become more noticeable since. I plan to take it back to the dealer as soon as time becomes available.

Build date 02/2016, currently ~12k miles on the car.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:47 AM   #452
RatherRideChevy

Drives: 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Build date?

Build Date: 2/27/2016
Current Mileage: 14,800
12/15 build date and just under 2600 miles currently
RatherRideChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #453
TwistedLT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, MT6, NPP
Has anyone compared the automatics with this issue to the manuals? Just a thought. Also spoke to GM corporate and referenced all the problems in here ppl are having with service.
TwistedLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #454
isotope

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS A8 35%Tint--
My16 started the groan at about ~1700 or so best I remember. Currently at just 2400 mil with build date of 12/15.

I have had no luck with the dealership 3 times I brought the car there as they can't reproduce it after driving a warmed up car. Im going to have them change the fluid next week and go from there. Then a drop off the night before so they can hear it. Im documenting every call and visit I make.
Black '16 2SS-- A8. MRR M017 1LE Replicas- Eagle Supercar 3's-- 305-30-20 rear--285-30-20 fronts. Roto Fab w sound delete-Ported MSD Air Force Intake Ported Stock TB-Kooks 1 7/8 LT Catless Headers Secondary Cat delete-Stainless Works Cat Back w NPP- GM Front Strut Brace-Elite Eng.Oil-Air separator-35% Tint.-BMR #SP041's Springs. BMR Front End Links-Black Bow-Ties- Installed and Tuned at Vengeance Racing Cumming GA- 476rwhp-473rwtq. Best 1320' ET= 11.37 @119.9 -1.66- 60' with 28" MT Street ET-R's on Dark Star 92's

Wish List: Procharger next.
isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #455
ben harris

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
After rear diff replacement

I have a 2016 Camaro ss manual build date is 5/16 dealer just replaced the diff and it seems to me the car has lost power with the new diff anyone else having this problem almost like they changed the gear ratio in the diff
ben harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #456
twr0912

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2ss
Just got my car back yesterday after having differential replaced by dealer. No noise so far and no loss of power. Fingers crossed this fixed it.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #457
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Good afternoon cryssm and others,

We understand how these concerns can be frustrating and assure you this is not the kind of experience we want all of you to have in your vehicles. Please feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further, we’d be more than happy to assist any way that we can.

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
Old 01-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #458
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

We understand how these concerns can be frustrating and assure you this is not the kind of experience we want all of you to have in your vehicles. Please feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further, we’d be more than happy to assist any way that we can.

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
Holly S&%t 33 pages in and we get a response but wait? Respond with private message? Don't want customers to see the blatant problem you have been ignoring huh gm?
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:43 PM   #459
union894

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 8A
Quote:

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
Sorry Chevrolet Customer Service, This is beyond a "Concern " This is a Serious Problem! Quiet behind the scenes whispers aren't the answer. I myself, like so many loyal GM car owners, expect a hell of a lot more than you customer service reps checking in on this rear diff issue. 3-4 times in nearly a year?! I also have the infamous groan in the rear diff. And I will be taking my 2ss in. Sorry for the rant. I'm so tired of dealing with poor quality and subpar service.

Build date 5-16
3116 miles 8 speed auto
Miss my 2010 2ss
union894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:43 PM   #460
cryssm

Drives: Car
Quote:

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
Hi Bret,

I understand you're doing your job, so I write the following with all due respect:

This is not something that can be fixed with a few words from your department to our dealerships. This is obviously a wide-spread issue that needs addressing from a corporate level. There is little sense in having us all go round and round with the same "fixes," when the issue is obviously a manufacturing flaw; fluid changes, rear diff swaps, etc. are nothing more than temporary bandages to cover the true issue lying underneath.

So, if you truthfully wish to help, spread the word UP the GM ladder—not down by speaking only to individual dealerships.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:11 AM   #461
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I just want to add my two cents, as a 5th Gen owner since 2010.

First, for people with chattering or popping differentials, it's possible you have oil with no friction modifier. This will cause such loud noises, particularly in reverse, that it will sound like you hit something. I had use of a Jeep with this problem for a week once. Not pleasant.

And second, it's hard to comment on written descriptions of groaning diffs, because who knows how loud, right?

Third, a slight groan on tight turns, when the diff is cold, is not a problem. Mine has 55,000 miles, and the slight groan when cold has never developed into anything worse. I did get the oil changed at 30,000, and the sound changed, but didn't go away. Shortly it was back to the original level, but has not been a problem.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #462
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
I just want to add my two cents, as a 5th Gen owner since 2010.

First, for people with chattering or popping differentials, it's possible you have oil with no friction modifier. This will cause such loud noises, particularly in reverse, that it will sound like you hit something. I had use of a Jeep with this problem for a week once. Not pleasant.

And second, it's hard to comment on written descriptions of groaning diffs, because who knows how loud, right?

Third, a slight groan on tight turns, when the diff is cold, is not a problem. Mine has 55,000 miles, and the slight groan when cold has never developed into anything worse. I did get the oil changed at 30,000, and the sound changed, but didn't go away. Shortly it was back to the original level, but has not been a problem.
Obviously you do not have a new Camaro. New car new differential. New problem.
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote