Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 06-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #141
itsjustdave
David A.

Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
There was maybe 2 1/2 rows of 5th gens and about the same of the classics but soany others from cavalier to gto just because it was GM nats
Old 06-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #142
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustdave View Post
There was maybe 2 1/2 rows of 5th gens and about the same of the classics but soany others from cavalier to gto just because it was GM nats
Awesome! I just seen some pics of the show. Looks like there was alot of 5th gens.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #143
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Review

DMVC5 decided to attend the ALL GM Nationals in Carlisle this year (Won Second Place in my class). We attended the Camaro Nationals in Frederick last year. Personally, that was also my second consecutive time at the Camaro Nationals (Won Third Place in my class).

As for the All GM Nationals, the 5th Gen crowd was about 2 1/2 rows long and then we (DMVC5) were in the overflow parking area. I think the main reason I enjoyed the GM Nationals was the fact you see other cars. Don't get me wrong, I love my Camaro, but I also like to see and enjoy other vehicles. For example, the large amount of Grand Nationals, Fiero's, El Caminos, and GTO's amongst many many others. The food options were plentiful and of every variety. As for vendors specific to the 5th Gen Camaro, you had a company doing Borla and Magnaflow exhaust installations on site (2 Lifts). They were also selling K&N Cold Air intakes and Hurst Shifters. I saw Vararam and SLP there too. There was a huge swap meet section that seemed like it never ended, selling all types of things imaginable.

Other than the usual show, there was the Bikini contest, Burnout contest, and the Ride Along Autocross track.

With all that being said, I do wish these two shows would join forces again, but I do not see that happening any time soon.
Attached Images

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #144
itsjustdave
David A.

Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
We didn't see the borla and magnaflow vendors but the vendor that fastlane did business with pissed me off. Was looking at lights and asking some ?s about v6 tuning, and he straight bashed the my 6...not all of us can/could afford the 8 I said and pretty much told him he could f$@! Himself.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #145
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM View Post
SS4Fun......plans changed. Cannot make PA this weekend. Enjoy!
I was wondering if you came by............... I wasn't by my car the whole time for the first time (too hot). Got a Hurst Short Throw Shifter installed this morning at Carlisle. Got to drive home for the 2 hours and test it out!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #146
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
I was wondering if you came by............... I wasn't by my car the whole time for the first time (too hot). Got a Hurst Short Throw Shifter installed this morning at Carlisle. Got to drive home for the 2 hours and test it out!!!
Sounds nice SS4Fun it was a pleasure meeting u and Miss Thing at Carisles
Old 06-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #147
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
laditee is in the house!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #148
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhillakaiceberg View Post
DMVC5 decided to attend the ALL GM Nationals in Carlisle this year (Won Second Place in my class). We attended the Camaro Nationals in Frederick last year. Personally, that was also my second consecutive time at the Camaro Nationals (Won Third Place in my class).

As for the All GM Nationals, the 5th Gen crowd was about 2 1/2 rows long and then we (DMVC5) were in the overflow parking area. I think the main reason I enjoyed the GM Nationals was the fact you see other cars. Don't get me wrong, I love my Camaro, but I also like to see and enjoy other vehicles. For example, the large amount of Grand Nationals, Fiero's, El Caminos, and GTO's amongst many many others. The food options were plentiful and of every variety. As for vendors specific to the 5th Gen Camaro, you had a company doing Borla and Magnaflow exhaust installations on site (2 Lifts). They were also selling K&N Cold Air intakes and Hurst Shifters. I saw Vararam and SLP there too. There was a huge swap meet section that seemed like it never ended, selling all types of things imaginable.

Other than the usual show, there was the Bikini contest, Burnout contest, and the Ride Along Autocross track.

With all that being said, I do wish these two shows would join forces again, but I do not see that happening any time soon.
bhill,

Looks like a great time! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all chevy and GM cars (fieros, really? LOL) but I have owned a 1st , 4th, and now 5th gen Camaro. I love the Camaro brand alot. I have been a Camaro fan ever since I was little. For those of us who have been around for more than two or three generations of Camaros we have a deeper love for the brand. For those of you who have a 5th gen as your first Camaro you may not appreciate the real history of the Camaro and what a Real original ZL-1 is or how many cubic inches the first Z/28 engines were ( I am not saying you don't). So for those who are familiar with the Camaro since day one (1967) we really look forward to see some very rare and desirable Camaros. I have seen the Camaro change many times. Some generations I like more than others. Also alot of us diehard Camaro enthusiasts are very happy that the Camaro has been reborn into one badass car with many models to choose from.It has been a little more than ten years now and for most of us (old school) enthusiasts we never thought that we would see another Camaro. Thanks to you and many other new generation enthusiasts the Camaro is back better than ever. I look forward too see what other surprises Chevy has for us in the future.

I may go to Super Chevy Sunday @ Maplegrove next month to see all Chevy cars and Drag racing. I may even participate in the drag racing

I would also like to say I would like to see both shows would become one again, however after talking to some of the members in the club I dont think that will happen either ,but who knows

z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #149
fastlane2010

Drives: 2010 camaro with fast lane stage 2
Yeah laditee where are these pics want to see them and it was nice meeting you and should of took a picture with that shirt you were wearing it was bright enough lol

fastlane2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #150
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane2010 View Post
Yeah laditee where are these pics want to see them and it was nice meeting you and should of took a picture with that shirt you were wearing it was bright enough lol
Hahahaha I opened up a thread of GM pics under Camaro Photos and yeah I was matching my car..the orange was alittle bright hahahaha....next time...it was absolutely a pleasure meeting u and seeing my favorite two tone camaro
Old 06-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #151
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
laditee is in the house!
What's good Jus1 u no I'm everywhere
Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #152
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
The two shows need to realize that as long as they make attendees choose one or the other, nobody wins.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #153
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Never made it! Had a real estate sale in the works and delivered my 68 Camaro SS/RS to Posies Hot Rods for total refresher! Yeah I betcha it was hot...hot....hot!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #154
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
Sounds nice SS4Fun it was a pleasure meeting u and Miss Thing at Carisles
Pleasure meeting you as well. Your car looks amazing!!