Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 AM   #1
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Drives: C6s, F-bodies, ect
Anyone organizing a Private Event for members before Philly Auto Show opens on 2/8?

The forum usually organizes a private event for members to view GM's cars, and the rest of the show, before the event opens to the public.
This was a thread for a previous year's event:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=philadelphia

Some years it was held days before the opening.
The year of the ZR1 unveiling I think it was held just a few hours before the show opened to the public.

It was always a nice event with great speakers like Philly born and raised Ed Welburn (Aston, PA) and PA born and raised Scott Settlemeir attending, or organizing the event.
As a buyer of multiple new Corvettes an other GM vehicles, the event, speakers, access, and even food, was most appreciated.

So, is anyone putting this together this year?

Thanks in advance.
AlphaLTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
This event won't be happening this year. I'll be there with some of my friends on Saturday. Scott won't be there either.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
This event won't be happening this year. I'll be there with some of my friends on Saturday. Scott won't be there either.
Why not?
Who can we reach out to to make it happen?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
sscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLTx View Post
Why not?
Who can we reach out to to make it happen?
I could call Scott, but there must be something going on elsewhere.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #5
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
I could call Scott, but there must be something going on elsewhere.
I've haven't called Scott since I was in detroit a few years ago.
Can you give him a call and/ore try to put something together?
If not, can PM me name and contact info for someone to contact to try to put something together myself?

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
sscamaro

Is anyone on here going on Saturday?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
ShmRocc
ShmRocc

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition
The NJ5thGen Camaro Club will be attending the Philly Auto Show together if anyone would like to join us?
2010 Synergy Edition 1LT 3.6L V6 with Volant Cold Air Induction and MRT v2 Axle Back exhaust, AAC Oracle Halos & Fogs, Afterburner, Max LED Underglow, footweels lighting, green dome lighting, camaro door sills, and carbon fiber bowties & side gills!
ShmRocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Can someone organize a private event before the show opens and post what they are planning to put together in here?

If not, can someone PM me contact info for whatever GM rep works with this board so I can try to set things up?

I can dig up Scott's #, but I don't think he's doing this stuff anymore.

Thanks.

As a buyer of multiple new Corvettes recently, and other GM products, I think GM would want to have another private screening for their loyal, repeat buyers.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #9
sscamaro

Quote:
Can someone organize a private event before the show opens and post what they are planning to put together in here?

If not, can someone PM me contact info for whatever GM rep works with this board so I can try to set things up?

I can dig up Scott's #, but I don't think he's doing this stuff anymore.

Thanks.

As a buyer of multiple new Corvettes recently, and other GM products, I think GM would want to have another private screening for their loyal, repeat buyers.
I think I'll have 1 free ticket if you need one. I'll be there on Saturday about 9:30 AM at the Arch St entrance.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #10
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think I'll have 1 free ticket if you need one. I'll be there on Saturday about 9:30 AM at the Arch St entrance.
Thank you for your very generous offer.
It's most appreciated.

For me, the private event is about getting to hear from GM reps and the privacy of the event. I probably won't go to a public show.

It would be nice if we could put something together with GM for loyal lifetime buyers.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
sscamaro

Quote:
Thank you for your very generous offer.
It's most appreciated.

For me, the private event is about getting to hear from GM reps and the privacy of the event. I probably won't go to a public show.

It would be nice if we could put something together with GM for loyal lifetime buyers.
As I said before, it isn't going to happen. If GM was going to do something, we would have heard about it by now.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
As I said before, it isn't going to happen. If GM was going to do something, we would have heard about it by now.
It never hurts to ask, my friend.
A squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I can't believe GM reps wouldn't want to cooperate and do something considering Ed Welburn and other VIPs have done private events like this at the Philly Show in the past.

So, can some of you reach out to your contacts or PM me their info and I'll try to organize something myself?
Frankly, I don't feel like looking for my old non-smartphone to find old contacts.
Thank you.

Last edited by AlphaLTx; 01-23-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #13
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Bump.

Gotta say that this community is a little disappointing to date.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #14
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
I will be there saturday
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote