Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #225
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Our latest upgrade to our already bad to the bone 9" kit.

31 Spline axles.

Yep, we have made a major improvement that will soon be available on Gforce axles.

You might have seen us talking about out 33 spline Outlaw axles in a few big power high end builds.
The problem with the huge 33 spline axles was the cv joint was huge and you had to clearance the control arms to get them to fit properly.

What we needed was a larger axle bar that would fit in a standard 930 style cv housing.
There were a couple options available from a couple sources but we didn't like the fact that they were based on a standard cv star and sacrificed strength as the axle bar got larger.
So what we did was we designed and manufactured our own.

We used FEM modeling to show us where the weak areas were on the standard cv stars and then we added material to every aspect of the cv star to make it stronger, added over a 1/4" of spline engagement area and also made the new cv stars out of a really strong aerospace material that has even better impact shock load ratings then 300m.
We will also be coating our new cv stars in a special Maganese coating that you find on high end firearms to give it better surface lubricating properties.

Our new cv stars will be machined right here in house on our cnc machines.

Take a look at how our new cv stars dwarfs the standard 28 spline and even the 30 spline cv stars.

(28 spline on left, 30 spline in middle and our new 31 spline on right)

Here is a photo showing the stock axle on the left, a 28 spline axle, a 30 spline axle and then our new 31 spline axle on the right.

By designing a larger splined cv joint, it allows us to use a considerably larger and stronger axle bar.
Our new 31 spline axle bar is HUGE!
Preliminary testing has been done on these axles in our shop car.
We will be also testing the new axles in a couple of Camaro's over the next few weeks.
Production is in full swing so start looking for our new 31 spline axles being available in the next few weeks.

We can also add our 300m cages to this combination to make a bullit proof combination.

Give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #226
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Our latest upgrade to our already bad to the bone 9" kit.

31 Spline axles.

Yep, we have made a major improvement that will soon be available on Gforce axles.

You might have seen us talking about out 33 spline Outlaw axles in a few big power high end builds.
The problem with the huge 33 spline axles was the cv joint was huge and you had to clearance the control arms to get them to fit properly.

What we needed was a larger axle bar that would fit in a standard 930 style cv housing.
There were a couple options available from a couple sources but we didn't like the fact that they were based on a standard cv star and sacrificed strength as the axle bar got larger.
So what we did was we designed and manufactured our own.

We used FEM modeling to show us where the weak areas were on the standard cv stars and then we added material to every aspect of the cv star to make it stronger, added over a 1/4" of spline engagement area and also made the new cv stars out of a really strong aerospace material that has even better impact shock load ratings then 300m.
We will also be coating our new cv stars in a special Maganese coating that you find on high end firearms to give it better surface lubricating properties.

Our new cv stars will be machined right here in house on our cnc machines.

Take a look at how our new cv stars dwarfs the standard 28 spline and even the 30 spline cv stars.

Here is a photo showing the stock axle on the left, a 28 spline axle, a 30 spline axle and then our new 31 spline axle on the right.

By designing a larger splined cv joint, it allows us to use a considerably larger and stronger axle bar.
Our new 31 spline axle bar is HUGE!
Preliminary testing has been done on these axles in our shop car.
We will be also testing the new axles in a couple of Camaro's over the next few weeks.
Production is in full swing so start looking for our new 31 spline axles being available in the next few weeks.

We can also add our 300m cages to this combination to make a bullit proof combination.

Give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks
Chris
This sounds great! These look awesome.
Being chief in charge of axle abuse, I am so glad I did not go with anything other than G-Force 9" and axles! I am looking forward to having these in my car! When I realized I had built the ultimate axle abuse car, I thought I would never find a solution and then you build exactly what you said you would to hold up! Your support is by far the best experience I have had with my car to date! Thank you, there is no way 99% of the people would go with anything else but your product if they only knew the quality of your products and how outstanding the level of support you provide is!

:happy anim:: happyanim::happya nim:
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #227
GFORCE1320

I though you might like this Jim

Did you get your engine back together?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #228
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
I though you might like this Jim

Did you get your engine back together?
OH yea this looks like the ticket for me. I hope to go get the engine late in the week if all works out. Looks like everything other than the CAM , lifters and a couple of valves are OK. LPE should have ordered the CAM in Friday so it should be finished in a week or so. I will be going to get it ASAP and will have it in in a couple of more days. Bobby is looking into a progressive 100 to 150 shot nitrous system with a dedicated fuel system for me. We are planning on bringing it in from second gear on, should be fun!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #229
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdmax View Post
OH yea this looks like the ticket for me. I hope to go get the engine late in the week if all works out. Looks like everything other than the CAM , lifters and a couple of valves are OK. LPE should have ordered the CAM in Friday so it should be finished in a week or so. I will be going to get it ASAP and will have it in in a couple of more days. Bobby is looking into a progressive 100 to 150 shot nitrous system with a dedicated fuel system for me. We are planning on bringing it in from second gear on, should be fun!
Cool! Hope you get it all together in time for the race.

The additional nitrous will make that thing a beast!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #230
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Looking good Chris!!!
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #231
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
Looking good Chris!!!
Your top secrete parts arrived the other day
Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #232
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Quote:
Your top secrete parts arrived the other day
Cool. Will try and get by tonight or tomorrow after work. Would like to have it for the weekend. Thanks!
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #233
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Chris, the GForce stuff is hanging tough. Been out beating the crap out of the new HKE LSX 427 and the Gforce 9" rear, 3.5" aluminum DS and axles have been truly awe inspiring.

This setup seems to be begging for more, beg no more as this will probably happen soon. Steve and SNL are setting me up with Twin PT6766 turbos. Looking to start at about 1000rwhp.

Probably gonna go with a Monster triple clutch at the same time.

Thanks again for great stuff and even better customer service!!!

Jim
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #234
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Chris, the GForce stuff is hanging tough. Been out beating the crap out of the new HKE LSX 427 and the Gforce 9" rear, 3.5" aluminum DS and axles have been truly awe inspiring.

This setup seems to be begging for more, beg no more as this will probably happen soon. Steve and SNL are setting me up with Twin PT6766 turbos. Looking to start at about 1000rwhp.

Jim
Turbos? Damn son, you aint messin around !

Glad you like your 9".
We sold I think 5 Monster twins and a couple triples last week during our Monster clutch sale.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #235
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Chris how is Australia treating ya?
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #236
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I love it! I've spent all week visiting a bunch of the smaller shops or "workshops" as they call them here.
I've met some terrific people and have seen some really neat cars, 4 door 9 second street cars are very common down here.
I fly out to Perth for a couple days next week.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #237
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Quote:
I love it! I've spent all week visiting a bunch of the smaller shops or "workshops" as they call them here.
I've met some terrific people and have seen some really neat cars, 4 door 9 second street cars are very common down here.
I fly out to Perth for a couple days next week.

Thanks
Chris
Very cool man! I seen some of the great pics you posted on your facebook. Some nice cars you've been around lately. When are you headed back to this side of the pond?
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #238
GFORCE1320

I have been in Australia all month promoting our products.
Thought I would check in with you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdmax View Post
Jim, how is your engine coming along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
Looking good Chris!!!
You get your new found power button working ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post

Jim
How is the new engine treating you Jim? I assume the 9" is still rock solid.. not sure that came out right LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
It was great! Seen a few right hand drive Camaro's there and some crazy.. I mean crazy ! builds.
Seen a 2010 Blown and injected burnout car. Check it out.