Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
New grill finally done. Stock upper and lower combined.

Maybe some follow this, maybe some don't lol. Never really big on the stock french fry cutter and not really happy with the depth of the heritage grill I wanted to do something different. I orignally saw the Revolution Sport Mesh and it was what I was kinda looking at. Simple and no BS and it had to take advantage as much as possible as the hole open area including the depth of the front. Not being a huge fan of mesh at all but I needed something to fill out where the waffle iron was. So the answer was right in front of me, the lower grill. It fit with some cutting and then I had to heat it up and bend it vertically an inch and deepen the angle about 2 inches. For the outer main part I fiberglassed the outer perimeter and then lopped out all the bars, then glassed the inner perimeter and after tons of time finished it off with was tough because I wasnt sure how well the glass would adhere and if it would have any weird warp or reaction with the PP plastic or whatever it is. So I left i sitting for 2 months and then it seemed great. Got it epoxy primed and then painted. For the center I was gonna do a tri-bar badge but decided to keep the big blacked out bowtie because it compliments the opening horizontally. Never mind the photoshopped bowtie its a spare and I had to pop off the gold to start some lil brackets to mount it to the new grill. I was gonna screw the bowtie in but this was a lengthy project and I want to not drill into it incase I wanted to change whatever's in the middle down the road. I'm not a proffessional body guy, but theres usually nothing I cant pull off because of building film props etc. Ill probly have it on the car in a couple weeks so Ill update pics then. The thing thats really gonna work with this is the fact that the both grill have the exact same horizontals and I think thats absolutely key. Because of my SN I name thee. The "Hare-itage Grill". LOL lame whatever.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice
Old 12-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
i like it.... looking forward to seeing the results. (I'm a heritage guy btw)

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
X_Ruin_X

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Skype™ to X_Ruin_X
I'm intrigued.

I can't wait to see it installed