Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #10403
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
JP is the MAN......should we put that to a vote?
[with slight Hispanic accent]

Jour PRESIDENT!!!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #10404
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

"Oh, Pedro, jou make handsome President"!!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #10405
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

OK, boys 'n girls, who's signed up for the Barrett-Jackson Vegas Fantasy Bid deal? Starts tomorrow...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #10406
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
John Buttermore, GM Engineer and my freind is doing well at the SCCA Runoffs. He now has back to back poles 2011 / 2012 in T1. Back to back Championships too I hope.

John Buttermore, driving the No. 52 Hoosier/Carbotech/Stoptech Chevrolet Corvette, lowered his Touring 1 pole time to 2:20.424 (102.547 mph) on Wednesday.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #10407
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
John Buttermore, GM Engineer and my freind is doing well at the SCCA Runoffs. He now has back to back poles 2011 / 2012 in T1. Back to back Championships too I hope.

John Buttermore, driving the No. 52 Hoosier/Carbotech/Stoptech Chevrolet Corvette, lowered his Touring 1 pole time to 2:20.424 (102.547 mph) on Wednesday.
Gotta dig it!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #10408
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
OK, boys 'n girls, who's signed up for the Barrett-Jackson Vegas Fantasy Bid deal? Starts tomorrow...
I always do that one, then get real lucky and nail some bids... then miss one and fail...
Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #10409
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Mr. Lee, that would be your confirmation that you, as I, are HUMAN!

Good Luck tonite.

BTW, "mlee" apparently now translates as "Moderator Lee"...

Congrats! Now you have to change deoderants...to BAN...
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #10410
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:

Pete, who will drive the L28 in the Optima Challenge in Pahrump? John? Danny?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #10411
JusticePete

Danny Popp will be behind the wheel of the LPE L/28. Todd Rumpke will be behind the wheel of Bruce's Camaro. They are both highly skilled and we should do well.

There is the slightest remote possibility that John may be driving a third Pedders car, but that is a 10 to 1 long shot. We'll know more after the weekend.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #10412
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

No doubt, Danny will "send 'er!" The RAFT-man...
Old 09-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #10413
JusticePete

Danny is bad axx fast and driven to the extreme competitor. I like having Danny behind the wheel. It has been a huge adjustment for him coming from Corvette race cars to the 5th Gen. Corvette race car to 5th Gen street car with AC, power windows... is almost the same a strapping a F1 car to the roof of a Corvette race car. That is why wining at the OPTIMA would be so insanely cool. I think we give away 1,000 pounds or more to most every car that will be there. Todd is no slouch. Danny has been wrenching on Todd's Corvette for years and is also Todd's driving coach. I think Todd would love to beat the teacher in a rite of passage way.

Working with both TEAMS on the development of the cars has been a good experience. Some things I don't want to hear, but need to. Everyone in the group has a strong personality. Everyone wants to win. I already have won. I work with LPE, Mike Copeland and his crew in Brighton and LPE in Decatur with Graham and Jason. Then I have Bruce Raymond and Eric at Raymond's Performance who are top notch. Finally I have our driver's / consultants / car builders. They have each left their finger prints all over these two Camaros: John Buttermore, Dave Mikels, TJ Bain, Mark Hupfer, Bruce Raymond, Todd Rumpke and Danny Popp. Talk about depth of knowledge!

There hasn't been a single current model American Muscle Car that has even been close to our Camaro's on the road course. Not one in 2009, 2011 or 2012 to date. We like it that way. This weekend is the final shake down. We'll try a few more things (hard to believe we have a few more things to try, isn't it?) Danny and Todd think might work. After that, we'll race prep both cars, make the final adjustments and head out to SEMA.

If you know me, I don't like to lose. I am a poor loser. It is how I was raised. One of my coaches used to say,"Show me a happy loser and I'll show you a loser." He didn't have to tell me twice. I never lose, sometimes the clock runs out before I can win. Every football should be 5 or 6 quarters. If I can't beat them, I'll out work or outlast them. Winning at the OPTIMA with 5th Gens is close to the same possibility of the Cubs winning a World Series this year.

Last year we ran 9th on the OPTIMA Road Course at Spring Mountain. This year, top 5 is GREAT and 1st would be Dreams do Come True. Do you have any idea how many great cars we would need to beat to be in the top 5? Before we get there, I want to thank Ken Lingenfelter and Mike Copeland for allowing me to be part of the LPE TEAM. Cathy and Bruce Raymond are two f the best people you will ever meet. Our driver's have been awesome. It has been an experience I will remember for a long time. Given the commitment of all these people and resources the TEAM Pedders Camaros, owners, techs and drivers deserve nothing less than a 1 / 2 Finish.

What I am trying to say is I already won. Whatever happens from here is icing on the cake.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #10414
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

The mark (and marque) of a winner is often measured by the company they keep. In that regard, Pete, you are correct: You've already won...

No "I" in TEAM.

Danny did remarkably well @ Optima, last year. As did the L/28, for the amount of development it then enjoyed. This year, improvement is already evident. Let's hope there's no SNOW in the Pass, again...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #10415
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
I first met Danny about 5-6 years ago at Willow Springs when GM flew him out to So Cal for a Canadian TV PBS Ferrari vs Z06 challenge. It was quite obvious from the start that it was a stacked deck & Ferrari was meant to win as the rules kept evolving. Danny just went with the flow and evolved with it. As I remember it Danny won all but one (maybe two) event, but the very creative scoring showed otherwise. Please give him my best. Good luck to the team.
Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #10416
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Danny is bad axx fast and driven to the extreme competitor. I like having Danny behind the wheel. It has been a huge adjustment for him coming from Corvette race cars to the 5th Gen. Corvette race car to 5th Gen street car with AC, power windows... is almost the same a strapping a F1 car to the roof of a Corvette race car. That is why wining at the OPTIMA would be so insanely cool. I think we give away 1,000 pounds or more to most every car that will be there. Todd is no slouch. Danny has been wrenching on Todd's Corvette for years and is also Todd's driving coach. I think Todd would love to beat the teacher in a rite of passage way.

Working with both TEAMS on the development of the cars has been a good experience. Some things I don't want to hear, but need to. Everyone in the group has a strong personality. Everyone wants to win. I already have won. I work with LPE, Mike Copeland and his crew in Brighton and LPE in Decatur with Graham and Jason. Then I have Bruce Raymond and Eric at Raymond's Performance who are top notch. Finally I have our driver's / consultants / car builders. They have each left their finger prints all over these two Camaros: John Buttermore, Dave Mikels, TJ Bain, Mark Hupfer, Bruce Raymond, Todd Rumpke and Danny Popp. Talk about depth of knowledge!

There hasn't been a single current model American Muscle Car that has even been close to our Camaro's on the road course. Not one in 2009, 2011 or 2012 to date. We like it that way. This weekend is the final shake down. We'll try a few more things (hard to believe we have a few more things to try, isn't it?) Danny and Todd think might work. After that, we'll race prep both cars, make the final adjustments and head out to SEMA.

If you know me, I don't like to lose. I am a poor loser. It is how I was raised. One of my coaches used to say,"Show me a happy loser and I'll show you a loser." He didn't have to tell me twice. I never lose, sometimes the clock runs out before I can win. Every football should be 5 or 6 quarters. If I can't beat them, I'll out work or outlast them. Winning at the OPTIMA with 5th Gens is close to the same possibility of the Cubs winning a World Series this year.

Last year we ran 9th on the OPTIMA Road Course at Spring Mountain. This year, top 5 is GREAT and 1st would be Dreams do Come True. Do you have any idea how many great cars we would need to beat to be in the top 5? Before we get there, I want to thank Ken Lingenfelter and Mike Copeland for allowing me to be part of the LPE TEAM. Cathy and Bruce Raymond are two f the best people you will ever meet. Our driver's have been awesome. It has been an experience I will remember for a long time. Given the commitment of all these people and resources the TEAM Pedders Camaros, owners, techs and drivers deserve nothing less than a 1 / 2 Finish.

What I am trying to say is I already won. Whatever happens from here is icing on the cake.
Good Stuff!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014