Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #631
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
That figures.

Im doing one more round of motor mods in about 1.5-2 years and ill be around 650ish RWHP and that will be it for me.
Thats a good plan man. 650whp on the street is more than plenty haha. How are you enjoying it so far now?
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #632
VanquisherSS

So my 360 Forged Wheels GT Split 9s Have Arrived. No teaser shots until the pro shoot so stay tuned for the first camaro rolling on a set of these.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #633
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Thats a good plan man. 650whp on the street is more than plenty haha. How are you enjoying it so far now?
Ita absolutely awesome....but leaves you wanting more!!!

I basically skipped all the things most people do first. Headers, intake ect. So ill add that plus i nice cam and smaller pulley and call it a day. I cant imagine how fast that will be but i also want to be able to enjoy it and not be spinning everywhere!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #634
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Ita absolutely awesome....but leaves you wanting more!!!

I basically skipped all the things most people do first. Headers, intake ect. So ill add that plus i nice cam and smaller pulley and call it a day. I cant imagine how fast that will be but i also want to be able to enjoy it and not be spinning everywhere!
Haha it always does, just have to resist man!!

Yeah to be honest its nice probably to have a near stockish sounding car but with all the extra power. It gets crazy man honestly 500-600whp your border line streetable. Anything more you'll need to roll around on a drag radial. I'm hopelessly spinning I don't even know what it its like to run through 1-3 anymore lol.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #635
VanquisherSS

So I had the car checked out today, got a 90% clean bill of health overall. No clutch/transmission issues that were able to be replicated at the time. Diff is still leaking a bit out the vent tube which is confirmed and was a little low on fluid. So its ok to drive for now just keeping an eye on the level in the diff while we sort out this leak.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #636
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Haha it always does, just have to resist man!!

Yeah to be honest its nice probably to have a near stockish sounding car but with all the extra power. It gets crazy man honestly 500-600whp your border line streetable. Anything more you'll need to roll around on a drag radial. I'm hopelessly spinning I don't even know what it its like to run through 1-3 anymore lol.
Right now im 502RWHP and zero traction issues with 315/35/20 Vreds. I can be rolling at about 10mph with temps above roughly 55 and no tire spin. I love these tires.

Im sure things will change on my next round of mods in a few years, that will put me at roughly 650RWHP. But ive read people running Vreds with over 700RWhp and love them.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #637
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
So I had the car checked out today, got a 90% clean bill of health overall. No clutch/transmission issues that were able to be replicated at the time. Diff is still leaking a bit out the vent tube which is confirmed and was a little low on fluid. So its ok to drive for now just keeping an eye on the level in the diff while we sort out this leak.
Yesssss I'm so happy it wasn't as serious as u thought it would be...I no ur glad...VANQUISHER is back on the road
Old 06-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #638
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Right now im 502RWHP and zero traction issues with 315/35/20 Vreds. I can be rolling at about 10mph with temps above roughly 55 and no tire spin. I love these tires.

Im sure things will change on my next round of mods in a few years, that will put me at roughly 650RWHP. But ive read people running Vreds with over 700RWhp and love them.
Thats pretty sweet man that sounds like an awesome tire. I was going to order a set of 4 for my new wheels but my back tires are still good so I'm gonna run those out first and put vreds on the front.

Yeah the more you go up especially with your blower the torque is gonna be crazy and then you'll start roasting the tires lol.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #639
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
Yesssss I'm so happy it wasn't as serious as u thought it would be...I no ur glad...VANQUISHER is back on the road
Indeed I am pretty happy. I noticed the leak is still pretty prevelent so i'm going to keep the driving to a minimum until we square that away. Doesn't seem as serious as I thought now but as we dig deeper into the leak we shall see. . I got her aligned again after all of this drivetrain stuff installed she drove great today.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #640
laditee

Quote:
Indeed I am pretty happy. I noticed the leak is still pretty prevelent so i'm going to keep the driving to a minimum until we square that away. Doesn't seem as serious as I thought now but as we dig deeper into the leak we shall see. . I got her aligned again after all of this drivetrain stuff installed she drove great today.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #641
VanquisherSS

Just wanted to update the thread with some pics taken from a show:

Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #642
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Car looks so good man! Glad you are able to drive it again.

Excuse my inexperienced thought, but woulding it leak out of the vent if you overfilled the diff? I thought that was part of the point of the vent. Maybe it just had to much in it.

Either way, those car show pics are bad ass!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #643
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Car looks so good man! Glad you are able to drive it again.

Excuse my inexperienced thought, but woulding it leak out of the vent if you overfilled the diff? I thought that was part of the point of the vent. Maybe it just had to much in it.

Either way, those car show pics are bad ass!
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words . Normally yes it would just vent out the excess from the tube but usually there is a baffle in the top that keeps it from just pushing fluid out. It seems like when the diff heats up its just pushing fluid out. When it was inspected last it was low on fluid so it leads me to believe it keeps pushing fluid out for some reason.

We'll get to the bottom of it shortly . Then I just need some proper tire to get some track times.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #644
laditee

Vanquisher looks straight badass...beautiful shots...BTW what show was that..u coulda let a sista no

Tags
camaro of the week