Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
txcamarochick

Drives: Victory red 2SS/RS
Angry too many problems in my 2ss L99

I have had a few problems with my camaro. I absolutely love it but i am starting to get frustrated. Last month at 2000 miles it wasnt shifting gears properly so i took it in and they replaced the mass air flow censor. All was good until i hot 3000 miles this past wednesday. I was driving it and it felt a little weird and then i stopped at a red light and it was shaking like hell and all the lights came on and it said service stabilitrak. I tried to accelerate from the light to pull into a neighborhood and i could only go about 10 mph and it continued to shake. turned it off, turned it back on and made it back to my neighborhood just as it started acting up again. I took it to the dealership the next day and they called me and said they couldnt find anything wrong!!! I was like WTF it would barely move. So i picked it up and less than a mile later the check engine light came on. I called them back and they told me not to worry about it and drive it this weekend and take it in on monday. I went to the mall yesterday and in the parking lot it started to shift funny again and then it just turned off!!!! Is anyone else having problems like this? Did i get a lemon??
txcamarochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I am so sorry.
I hope you get it fixed right soon.
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
Camaro400

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
I have a 2SS/RS A6 and I haven't had any of those issues. I am at about 2400 miles. The only issue I have had is the right brake light had a leak in it and water was gathering in the light. They replaced it but it took two weeks for the part to come. Also my iPod wasn't working right with the stereo but I think it was my iPod. No engine issues though. Hope you get it taken care of!
Camaro400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
I don't think it a lemon , but you got to understand this is the first year for the 2010
camaro people are going to have some problems .Take it back to the dealer
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
You have to remember that this car is new for the dealers too. It will take time for the techs to get some experience with an all new car. There will lots of issues that pop up that even GM engineers are saying, "WTF?" I understand your frustration, the tech gets frustrated too when car shows up and it runs fine for them. You really can't expect them to roadtest it all day until the problem crops up, warranty just won't pay them for that. Hopefully sooner than later they will figure it out. Just be cool.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Have you tried onstar to see if they can run a remote engine diagnostic of your vehicle when the problem happens?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
I was having a similar problem with my G8 before I gave it back. I dont know if I would go back to a dealer that told me not to worry about a car that you cant rely on.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #8
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
Only time I had an issue similar to this was with a Saturn (sorry). The catalytic converter died and it killed the car from running. I managed to limp to a dealer for a fix. While this is probably not the problem you are having, sounds like some kind of shut down mode so you won't injure the car more until it is fixed. I agree the dealers are new at this, but I would also agree you should try another dealer. Good luck. Keep us posted as to what you find out.
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
txcamarochick

well i have good news!!! they found the problem today. it was bad catalytic converters, so new ones r on the way!! but how weird it only has 3000 miles. im just glad they found out the problem.... thanks for all ur support and responses
Old 09-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #10
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Quick! Get the supercharger bolted and the Tune taken out before they see that and void your warranty! LOL!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:09 AM   #11
tmc

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I had the same situation happen to me on Friday night. I was driving about 55 mph and the car started to shake then just died. I got the Stabilitrak message and a reduced power message. I coasted into a parking lot and tried to restart. It would turn over but then ran as if it was missing then cut off. It did this for about 15 minutes. Just before the tow truck got to me, I tried it one more time. It started and ran smooth but the check engine light stayed on.

I got a call from the dealer today, the tech spent the whole day working on it and was able to narrow it down to 4 or 5 things. None of them were the converters. He will work on it again tomorrow.

Mine is a 2SS/L99 with less than 3000 miles. I love it but sure wish it was in my garage as much as it is in the dealers work bay. This is the 4th time I have been witout it for several days.

I had a serous vibration on the front end - fixed by force balancing after 2 visits and the ABL on the driver's side quit working. Now this....

As I said, I love the car and understand the issues with new models...just gets frustraiting....

One more thing, my dealer (Performance in Chapel Hill, NC) has been great. They do whatever it takes and keep wotking until I am happy.

I guess I will suggest the converters as a possible fix.
tmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #12
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
oh nooo, you got one of those....take it back to the dealer but i think yours will be a rpoblem car forever now. Had the same problem with our chevy venture before. COme are really great, some are just like that problem child.
Good Luck, take it back to the dealer,i would be soo pissed off after spending that money
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #13
txcamarochick

Angry

well nothing but more problems for me guys!! i got my car baCK FRIDAY after a week in the shop for the right catalytic converter and decided to get an expensive oil change as well even though i only have 3000 miles. i got 1 mile away and was stopped at a red light in 5 o clock traffic and the DAMN CAR turns off AGAIN!!!! I was soo pissed off. I made it home and decided to test in around the neighborhood safely. so i idled and contacted onstar and they ran a diagnostics and said everything was good. meanwhile on the phone with them the car starts to shake and turns off, and they still said everything was good. I came to the conclusion it only turns off while stopped or idleing, as i tried it as least 4 more times. i contacted chevrolet and they started a case and i told them its a safety hazard and a possible lemon. they r suppose to call me on tuesday. meanwhile i have a $50,000 car sitting in my driveway absorbing the beautiful texas sun!! It is a really awesome car and i love it, but i am fed up with it being in the shop and not being able to drive it.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
tmc

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Mine turned out to be a wire under the dash that had frayed and caused the whole system to short out. Took 3 days to diagnose and fix but it is running great now. The wire was in the steering column area. Maybe this will help. Good luck.
tmc is offline   Reply With Quote