Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #15
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Z85 is a HD Rear Shocks package for C/K 1/2 Ton Pickups...

The new-for-'12 LFX V6 starts @ 323 hp. Add a CAI, Cat-Back, and GM tune to the BoschBox, and 350 hp could be your result. Add in a 3.45 or 3.73 rear gear (3.23 is Standard) and you'd have a lively lil gas-sippin' road-carvin' Camaro...

FE4 suspension is a V8-only upgrade currently, so add that to the V6..."Caution: Curves Ahead" will have you smiling!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
as long as its a z/xx i dont care. and apparently nissan has been using the z/33 an z/34 names on the 350 and 370 z. a z/xx v6 camaro is defiantly in order.

perhaps a factory turbo option with the LFX??????
Umm yeah those are the model code names for example the 300ZX was code named Z31 and Z32. The Z cars are actually called Fairlady Z's in Japan. It's the same thing with the Skyline and GT-R R34 and R35 no actual relation to a performance package like the Z/28. Nissan using Z33 is no different than BMW using E92/F20 Etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Why not a z26?
Because name it something that isn't similar to Z/28. Just like a V6 SS would be stepping on the toes of heritage but most 5th gen owners don't care all that much.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #17
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Celebrity? I'm pretty sure the Z34 was a Lumina...

Z24 - Chevy Cavalier
Z26 - Chevy Beretta
Z28 - Camaro
Z34 - Chevy Lumina
Z71 - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Z34 was a Lumina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Hmm, I think it would be cool. But the Z(whatever) should definitely have a lot more to offer than a regular V6. A suspension package would be a must. It would be great if they could make that thing an agile streetfighter. A turbo would also be a nice addition making the car even better.

Wasn't there a Z85 somewhere in the mix as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 View Post
correct, but the Z71 designation is just GMs offroad package. It is also on other models besides the silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Z85 is a HD Rear Shocks package for C/K 1/2 Ton Pickups...

The new-for-'12 LFX V6 starts @ 323 hp. Add a CAI, Cat-Back, and GM tune to the BoschBox, and 350 hp could be your result. Add in a 3.45 or 3.73 rear gear (3.23 is Standard) and you'd have a lively lil gas-sippin' road-carvin' Camaro...

FE4 suspension is a V8-only upgrade currently, so add that to the V6..."Caution: Curves Ahead" will have you smiling!
there was a z66 for avalanche and i remember that the s10 had one also was zr2 z85 and zm6 http://shop.synergyoffroad.com/2-Bod...oma-PRF192.htm
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #18
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
With all the performance concentration placed on V8-engined SS and ZL1 versions (and a possible Z/28?), my thoughts are the V6 market has been all but abandoned...
OK, boys and girls, "have at it!"

What do YOU think?!

The all-new Z/36 for only $29,995
Nah too many Z packages over the years that were just not any good. Lets just call it the V6 performance package. I'd say something like this, lets keep it simple:

- Available on LS, 1LT, and 2LT.
- LFX 3.6 V6, 323 hp.
- 6-speed manual or automatic transmission.
- V6 Performance Package specific wheels w/ Summer-only "sticky" Tires
- Performance Traction Control Settings.
- FE4 Suspension
- Strut tower brace
- Brembo Brake Package.
- 3.70 limited-slip differential.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #19
SparkyDL75
SparkyDL75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
Z71 was originally for fulsize 4x4 truck/suvs. it includes off road shocks and suspension, different tires, and skid plates. best i know they have now offered it on 2wd trucks/suvs. and the colorado/canyon models.

ZR2 was the offroad package for S-10 models for a couple years before they got replaced by the canyon/colorado.

Z66 was the ON-road suspension package for the avalanche.

Z85 is the heavy duty trailering suspension package.
Suspension Pedders Pace Car Pkg w/ZL1 Upgrade; Pedders Upper & Lower Control Arm, Steering, & Differential Mount Bushings; Pedders SS Brake Lines; Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates; ZL1 Toe Link; Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads
Drivetrain Maggie2300(8psi-3.4pulley); CompCam; 85lb injectors; ZL1 fuel pump; ZR1 MAP; Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc clutch; Stainless Works LT headers; QTP Cutouts; Rotofab intake; RX catch can; Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #20
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS View Post
They tried that once....it was called the Z/34 and it was a P.O.S Celebrity that I personally kicked to the curb and traded for a better car...a KIA!

Thank GM for the Camaro..I have my balls back!

There was a Z/34 Celebrity? Sounds like a BAD idea, lol. I had a '92 Z/34 Lumina, that thing was B@D@$$ for its day, VERY fun car to drive.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #21
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Nope. I would have been if I hadn't built the badest Camaro of all time. At this ponit a ZL1, Z/28 or any other Z except for the ZR1 vette would have a tough time keeping up with me. Practically, removed just about everything stock and replaced it with the best aftermarket parts I could get.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #22
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Nah too many Z packages over the years that were just not any good. Lets just call it the V6 performance package. I'd say something like this, lets keep it simple:

- Available on LS, 1LT, and 2LT.
- LFX 3.6 V6, 323 hp.
- 6-speed manual or automatic transmission.
- V6 Performance Package specific wheels w/ Summer-only "sticky" Tires
- Performance Traction Control Settings.
- FE4 Suspension
- Strut tower brace
- Brembo Brake Package.
- 3.70 limited-slip differential.
Every GM RPO requires a 3-digit Option Code...so would you mind if the "V6 Performance Package" was coded Z36?

As the varied examples above show, GM designates Drivetrain/Suspension options, often, with a "Z" prefix...and, to my knowledge, Z36 is available...
Old 10-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm sure some would like a Z36 as you described. I wouldn't, and I certainly wouldn't consider it a substitute for a Z28. To get me up to consideration status, they'd need to go farther than what you posed on the OP. I'd say at least 375 hp, and get the weight well under 3700 lbs. Weight would be doable. But picking up 50+ hp, naturally aspirated, from the factory is not going to be easy on the 3.6L. It can be done of course, but it would take a bit of work.

And now that I've said all that, I still want a Z28. GM can come out with a LFX Z36 too, but I want a proper Z28
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #24
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Every GM RPO requires a 3-digit Option Code...so would you mind if the "V6 Performance Package" was coded Z36?

As the varied examples above show, GM designates Drivetrain/Suspension options, often, with a "Z" prefix...and, to my knowledge, Z36 is available...
Of course, its just it wouldn't feel right to me to put a Z** badge on a V6 Camaro. I myself already have the Brembo brake package (calipers and master cylinder), and I plan on upgrading to FE4 eventually. I may buy a ZL1 spoiler because of how much it looks like the one from the Jay Leno concept. I'm also interested in hear how the ZL1 dual mode exhaust would sound on the V6.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
With all the performance concentration placed on V8-engined SS and ZL1 versions (and a possible Z/28?), my thoughts are the V6 market has been all but abandoned...

The V6 versions are important for CAFE

The V6 versions are le$$ expen$ive

The V6 versions are more modestly insured

The V6 versions could be a LOT of "bang for the buck"

So let's build one...and we'll call it the Z/36

* Base 1LS Model 1EE37
* LFX 3.6 V6, 323 hp.
* MN6, 6-speed manual
* FE4 Suspension
* SS Brembo Front Disc Brakes
* ZL1 20" Forged Wheels
* Summer-only "sticky" Tires
* GMPP CAI
* GMPP Stainless Cat-back
* ZL1 Splitter/Spoiler
* 350 hp. (a "magic" Camaro number!)
* 3750 lb. Curb Weight
* 13.90s in the 1/4 (compare that to '60s musclecars!)
* Surprizing road course times...
* Fun to DRIVE!
* Fun to PAY FOR!
* Fun to maintain!

OK, boys and girls, "have at it!"

What do YOU think?!

The all-new Z/36 for only $29,995
GM should hire you and I am not joking.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #26
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
I like the idea but not the name. Z/36 sounds like it's supposed to be a "higher" trim level than Z/28 simply because the number is bigger (to me at least).

I'm not sure what you call it, but I don't like Z/36. I like the idea however. Camaro ST? (Street and Track)
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #27
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
GM should hire you and I am not joking.
Pete, how nice it would be to be "TWO fer TWO"!!

Another 30-month old "concept" no one's done anything about...

Camaro ST? (Street and Track)

Actually...S/R... (reverse of RS!)...and yes, "S" stands for Street...

What could that "R" possibly stand for?!

The "Z/36" was simply a "hook" to get you in here...interested...and get some feedback...which is truly appreciated...right Pete?!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #28
Atlas
Would you kindly...

Drives: Destitute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Umm yeah those are the model code names for example the 300ZX was code named Z31 and Z32. The Z cars are actually called Fairlady Z's in Japan. It's the same thing with the Skyline and GT-R R34 and R35 no actual relation to a performance package like the Z/28. Nissan using Z33 is no different than BMW using E92/F20 Etc...

They're chassis numbers native to the vin number. Like EG6, AE86, MA70 etc...

I was kind of hoping GM could offer some form of track pack for the LT. Not in the power department per se, but tighter suspension, more fade resistant brakes, a 3.73 wouldn't hurt either. Too bad they didn't produce the Dusk. I really liked that concept.