Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Regio_42
Ready...Set...Gone.....

Drives: 10' Camaro SS/RS "Stacy"
Angry My car wont open with the remote control!!!!

Okay so this is the weirdest day ever. So i get out my door and open the garage to get my camaro out and the remote control does not work so i, said maybe my battery is dead let me get my other control and get to work. Well that control doesn't work either. I start to think that's not normal so since i took a long time looking for my spare key i get my Avalanche keys and wont you know it the control would not unlock the doors also. I changed the batteries on all three and nothing. I called work and asked if i could go in late due to my problem.

I open the truck with the key and head over to autozone for a battery after i found the fuse for the horn. And installed new batteries to remotes and still nothing. I found how to reprogram the control on the avalanche and the thing would not work. I went to a chevy dealer to get new remote for the avalanche since i only have one.

Well once i arrive at the parts department i lock the truck with the remote, forgetting it does not work and it locks . I asked the guy for a new remote just in case something i have a spare and asked him if he had the instructions to reprogram my camaro keys and said he didn't have them.

So does anyone know how to program the camaro remote control or if its the same as my truck. I have not tried it on the car since i'm at work now. Also what could have happen that all the controls stop working at the same time?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
NOT URSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to NOT URSS
Have to learn the transmitter with a scan tool (GDS) is best way! you can try this without.. you can try this

To initiate, this procedure requires that 1 learned key be available.
  • A total of eight keys maybe be learned to a single vehicle.
  • This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
  • The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.
  1. With a previously learned key, turn the ignition ON.
  2. Turn the ignition OFF and remove the key.
  3. Within 10 seconds of turning OFF the ignition, insert the key to be learned and turn ON the ignition. The vehicle has now learned the new key and key.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
to program the camaro key:

1) put in working key, turn to "ON" position
2) remove key
3) put key you want to program into ignition
4) turn to "ON" position
5) should get a message on your DIC saying key was successfully programmed.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Regio_42
Ready...Set...Gone.....

Drives: 10' Camaro SS/RS "Stacy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT URSS View Post
Have to learn the transmitter with a scan tool (GDS) is best way! you can try this without.. you can try this

To initiate, this procedure requires that 1 learned key be available.
  • A total of eight keys maybe be learned to a single vehicle.
  • This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
  • The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.
  1. With a previously learned key, turn the ignition ON.
  2. Turn the ignition OFF and remove the key.
  3. Within 10 seconds of turning OFF the ignition, insert the key to be learned and turn ON the ignition. The vehicle has now learned the new key and key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
to program the camaro key:

1) put in working key, turn to "ON" position
2) remove key
3) put key you want to program into ignition
4) turn to "ON" position
5) should get a message on your DIC saying key was successfully programmed.
Thanks i will try it later today and see if that works, and thanks for the fast replys
Old 05-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regio_42 View Post
Okay so this is the weirdest day ever. So i get out my door and open the garage to get my camaro out and the remote control does not work so i, said maybe my battery is dead let me get my other control and get to work. Well that control doesn't work either. I start to think that's not normal so since i took a long time looking for my spare key i get my Avalanche keys and wont you know it the control would not unlock the doors also. I changed the batteries on all three and nothing. I called work and asked if i could go in late due to my problem.

I open the truck with the key and head over to autozone for a battery after i found the fuse for the horn. And installed new batteries to remotes and still nothing. I found how to reprogram the control on the avalanche and the thing would not work. I went to a chevy dealer to get new remote for the avalanche since i only have one.

Well once i arrive at the parts department i lock the truck with the remote, forgetting it does not work and it locks . I asked the guy for a new remote just in case something i have a spare and asked him if he had the instructions to reprogram my camaro keys and said he didn't have them.

So does anyone know how to program the camaro remote control or if its the same as my truck. I have not tried it on the car since i'm at work now. Also what could have happen that all the controls stop working at the same time?
Hello Regio_42,

This is a very strange situation you have encountered here. Please keep me updated on if this issue continues. In the meantime, could you also private message me your VIN and current mileage so that I may investigate further?

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care