Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
May be somewhat "self-inflcited" by not having the dealer do full predelivery prep (Ref your comments in the linked thread.) Granted, dealer should have completed the esssential fluids inspection and removed the spacers. But they may have interpreted your desires as a "hands off" approach. Just saying....

Car looks great! Your Vette also looks like a great ride.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
mechanic1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
That is completely pathetic.........if I was still working in there, i would nail a superintendant with that one..........thanx for the heads up and will try to inform as many as I can
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #17
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Whomevers fault it was, let's hope there wasn't any damage done, keep us informed
Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #18
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I would think that it should have left the factory with all the coolant levels correct and all caps installed. The only fault of the dealers is not checking it.

I would say Oshawa is just as much to blame on this one.
Yes the car has fluids in it from Oshawa. Part of the PDI is to check all fluid levels. The dealer probably just forgot to put the cap back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
did the dealer even get to check it over, or did you just drive it home off the truck?
Dealers have to do PDI before you can take possession of the vehicle
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #19
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
What is the protocol when a new car comes out like this one that has special requirements to get the training needed to the dealers from the factory? Should they have had a training program to make sure that all dealers are current with the product that they sell.

In my business if you don't stay up with the new products and the procedures to work and install them you could kill someone. To me there is a break in the process somewhere if this important info isn't getting to all the dealers and their techs.

Last edited by motorhead; 04-13-2012 at 01:15 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Wow, the spring spacers are getting left in by quite a few dealers, and the general 1/2 assed PDI is seemingly common. Paaa thetic.
94turbolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What is the protocol when I new car comes out like this one that has special requirements to get the training needed to the dealers from the factory? Should they have had a training program to make sure that all dealers are current with the product that they sell.

In my business if you don't stay up with the new products and the procedures to work and install them you could kill someone. To me there is a break in the process somewhere if this important info isn't getting to all the dealers and their techs.
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #22
fatherdad

Drives: C6 Z06, Buick Regal TO7, 97 Camaro
I caught the spacers right away, less than 50 miles.
Can't get a cap until Monday, the service manager say's he can drive it. I don't think we have to worry about detonation since he's at, I believe, 400 miles under 3500rpm. The computer should pull timing if intake temperature gets high or the knock sensor picks up any ping but who knows? The part is in Lansing MI which only 2 hours from us, I don't get it.
We asked them to do a QC check only. The last one we Picked up from a dealer in St. Clair, 2010 SS RS, looked like it had been dried with a dusty rug, swirl city, so from now on I'll detail them myself.
The manual states that the fill procedure is complicated so, "see your Dealer".So complex they forgot the cap.
I guess you know I'll be looking into that. I feel that the dealers are not staying up on new procedures, such as these, and that can't be good for anybody.
I still have quiz the dealers on the correct oil change, fill and check procedure. I'm really getting to the point of not trusting anybody when it comes to services of any kind. No one seems to care anymore, oh they tell you how much they appreciate your business but its all lip service. If you want it done right you, at least, check and Re-check everything.
No more Mr. Nice Guy
fatherdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
fatherdad

Drives: C6 Z06, Buick Regal TO7, 97 Camaro
I still have to quiz dealers on the correct Oil change, check and fill procedures on my 08 Z06.?
fatherdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdad View Post
Can't get a cap until Monday, the service manager say's he can drive it. I don't think we have to worry about detonation since he's at, I believe, 400 miles under 3500rpm. The computer should pull timing if intake temperature gets high or the knock sensor picks up any ping but who knows? The part is in Lansing MI which only 2 hours from us, I don't get it.
We asked them to do a QC check only. The last one we Picked up from a dealer in St. Clair, 2010 SS RS, looked like it had been dried with a dusty rug, swirl city, so from now on I'll detail them myself.
The manual states that the fill procedure is complicated so, "see your Dealer".So complex they forgot the cap.
I guess you know I'll be looking into that. I feel that the dealers are not staying up on new procedures, such as these, and that can't be good for anybody.
I still have quiz the dealers on the correct oil change, fill and check procedure. I'm really getting to the point of not trusting anybody when it comes to services of any kind. No one seems to care anymore, oh they tell you how much they appreciate your business but its all lip service. If you want it done right you, at least, check and Re-check everything.
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Exactly why I do everything myself. If I don't know how to do something, just research and take your time and do it right.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
dirishboy
as in Irish European

Drives: 2012 ZL1
mine all look to be in place thankfully
Old 04-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
thanks for info, just checked cap ,ok
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #27
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdad View Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Isn't that the truth when it comes to Dealerships

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #28
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
sadly for what ever reason vehicle service has fallen way off. I hate it because I don't trust them anymore and they don't like me because they think I am just being some know it all trying to second guess them.

With the interent though I almost always feel a step ahead of the service techs in my town anyway. Not that I am any smarter they just don't keep on top of every model.

I will RE-PDI my car if I ever get one which you should not have to do but I don't trust them anymore.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote