Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Phila./Concept Camaro 'vert

Well, as expected, the Concept Camaro 'vert was a "hit" on Sat. at the Camaro/Corvette Enthusiast Event.

I apologize for not having pictures as I dropped the camera, popping out the batteries, and now for some reason, no pictures.

A BIG THANKS to Scott for inviting us, to Robin from GM for her help in getting everyone into the show, and to GM for the nice continental breakfast. THANK YOU!

The ZR1 is incredible! Picture's do not do it justice. And the Camaro, well, I'm biased, but it was, IMO, the best looking car at the show. I heard nothing but positive comments from everyone who came over to see the Camaro. It still generates as much excitement as the day it was first revealed.

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone, and to tell you all, if you ever have the opportunity to see the Concept and ZR1 in person, by all means DO IT!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
I would like to add a little to your statement about the Phili show. My son and I had a great time. He is in LOVE with the ZR1. I still love the camaro and it has left me wanting more. Just looking at it isn't near good 'nuf. I was listening to comments all over the floor and this is a little of what I heard:
"Is that a camaro?" "WOW"
"Check out the tires- excellent"
"WOW that is going to be great when it hits the streets!"
I can tell you that other then the Ferrari's T.V. screen showing fast car races on the street the CAMARO had THE MOST people around it all day long. People had a hard time even taking pictures without someone stepping into the lense view.
The only negative thing I heard was "Man they had this last year and they are still teasing us when is is going to be out already?"
It was a great show I think the only way they could improved it was to have an interactive car race that my son could play so I could have sat in a HHR or another GM car instead of the GTI-ohhh.
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My dad and I enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to Scott for the invite. I took some pics, but haven't gotten them online yet.

I'll post a couple when I get them up. I am pretty sure Moose ended up in a few of them. LOL

My dad liked the ZR1. I thought it was nice, but still doesn't appeal to me like the Camaro does. (I still don't like those exposed headlights.)

G8 looks pretty nice in person also. But doesn't stand out as much as I'd have liked. Honestly, the Charger has a much meaner/masculine look. I was hoping for a model we could actually get into though.

I did notice before leaving that the Camaro still had the biggest crowds.

And as we made our way around and ended up in the Ford exhibit my dad made the comment 'When that Camaro comes out it's going to blow the Mustang away.' LOL
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I did notice before leaving that the Camaro still had the biggest crowds.
I heard that comment numerous times, re; the Camaro attracting the most people. It's where I spent most of my time as well.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote