Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Service Stabiltrak soon

It said it again today, just like the other time.

When I first turned the key on, before starting the engine.

I even shut it back down and tried again but it didn't say it the next time.

What does this mean?
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you turn the key for a quick second then let go the engine will continue to crank until the car starts. If you start the car this way the "Service Stabiltrak" message will appear. Holding the key in the start position until the engine fires up will keep the message from appearing. I learned that from a previous thread on this forum.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbo View Post
If you turn the key for a quick second then let go the engine will continue to crank until the car starts. If you start the car this way the "Service Stabiltrak" message will appear. Holding the key in the start position until the engine fires up will keep the message from appearing. I learned that from a previous thread on this forum.
Exactly - turning the key just slightly and letting go like a faux "Push to Start" causes the warning message to display - doesn't mean anything (so far).
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
I start my Camaro like that all the time, the only time I see the 'Service Stabili-Track' message is if it doesn't start (ie, i didnt have the clutch in, or accidentally let the clutch out too soon). Maybe it does that on autos?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Only time I've ever seen this was after a dyno run. It lit up with every other light on the console! After a couple minutes, it went away. I've started my Baby with the quick start as well as the "normal" start and have never seen this message.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
everytime ive done the quickstart, it says service stabilitrack EXCEPT:

one time, i stalled, and tried to quickstart-->didn't work. so i held-started it, no serv. stabilitrack.

since i always quickstart and mostly don't stall, i am used to seeing 'service stabilitrack' everyday. i saw on a different thread not to be worried..

however i know for a fact that my stabilitrack works (omg this feature is awesome you can take turns at any speed you want lol), so i'm really not worried.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Pauls69RSSS
camaro guy

Drives: 'wing or 69 RS/SS or 10 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbo View Post
Now I'm confused! Are you saying the DIC shows a message to service the Stabilitrak if you just touch the key and let it crank on it's own? On a manual or automatic?

The reason I ask is because this is how I start mine (just a quick twist and let it go on it's own) and it has not given me any messages! Mine is a manual.

Paul
Old 10-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #8
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
Mine comes on as well,along with TC when I mat it,but gos off when I lift,has done it since I added the Turbo guess it's freaking out cause of Torque managements turned off,and it's recieving 580rwtrq
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
LSX-80MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls69RSSS View Post
Now I'm confused! Are you saying the DIC shows a message to service the Stabilitrak if you just touch the key and let it crank on it's own? On a manual or automatic?

The reason I ask is because this is how I start mine (just a quick twist and let it go on it's own) and it has not given me any messages! Mine is a manual.

Paul
wow yea thats interesting...because mine always says it when i do the quick twist. 2SS manual..
Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Weird so many people see this with the quick start...Hmmm. I'll have to keep my eyes open.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #11
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Only time I've ever seen this was after a dyno run. It lit up with every other light on the console! After a couple minutes, it went away. I've started my Baby with the quick start as well as the "normal" start and have never seen this message.
Mine did the exact same thing on the the dyno and went away when i pulled out of the dyno and on the street. No problems since then.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #12
GangGreen

Drives: Victory Red LT RS Born:3/3/09
i saw it once only, and i do the tap start all the time. 1LT Auto
GangGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls69RSSS View Post

Paul
Actually, it did it for me once and it didn't do it for me once. I usually hold it until it starts (force of habit). I recall a thread on this a while back. We may need to
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #14
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
As long as it doesn't stay on I'm not gonna worry about it.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote