Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
nty1234

Drives: 2015 2SS Summit White
Can someone help me get rid of this belt squeak?

I installed my lsa conversion a little over a month ago and it's running great, making good boost. However, I've recently ran into a problem where the belt (I presume) squeaks on cold starts for about a minute or so then goes away. I changed the belt to a tighter one and it went away for a few days then came back, so I put back the recommended belt (Gates K060975) This also got rid of the squeak for 3 days until today. Same thing, Squeak on cold start for a minute then goes away completely until next cold start. I am at a loss and have no idea why this is happening on cold starts then going away. The ac belt is aligned and nothing looks off. FYI cold starts are about 30 degrees or so. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction. Video attached.https://youtu.be/6uXK3bxt1BI
nty1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
nty1234

Drives: 2015 2SS Summit White
BUMP, Anyone? Is it possible that the idler pulley's or the tensioner is offset by a slight amount somehow?
nty1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I usually use a stethoscope to check all the pulleys, but if you don't have one or want to buy one then take the belt off and check all of the pulleys for play.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote