Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #253
djcurtis
My Third Red Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to djcurtis
I agree with all of the comments about the V6 Camaro. My decision was to buy the V6 because of the insurance, the commuting, the ability to upgrade it a little bit and get between the V6 and the V8. So, what I did was add the Injen CAI, JBA Shorties and axle-back GM performance exhaust. Let me tell you, this car has plenty of power now and I have not even tuned it. Along with the exterior mods I did as well, this is a unique machine and I am not done with it. So, it is not and never will be as fast as an SS or a slew of other cars, but it is not a stock V6 Camaro either.
djcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #254
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
The V6 is one of the best all-around vehicles in the price point that I can think of. Good MPG, stunning looks, great power.

It's also probably the most stable vehicle I have ever been in as well. It's almost dangerous how the car really doesn't behave all that differently at 45 and...a lot more than 45.
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #255
MY2012RS

Drives: 2012 1LT
I'm buying my Camaro for its look..It is 10 times better looking then the Mustang and challenger..Those cars can run past me all day, I will still and always have the nicer looking car..The fact that it has 300+ HP is just icing on the cake
Old 08-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #256
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2012RS View Post
I'm buying my Camaro for its look..It is 10 times better looking then the Mustang and challenger..Those cars can run past me all day, I will still and always have the nicer looking car..The fact that it has 300+ HP is just icing on the cake
bro
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #257
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I think the v6 has more than enough power. The last v8 I had was an 87 formula with a 5.0 and my vs camaro could keep up with that car. My feeling is this. If I could afford the ss I would have gotten one but honestly the ss is really kind of excessive and the v6 will pass or keep up with anything but an ss or similar car. Me, I don't need to beat everyone on the road. I just need a nice car that has plenty of power and style and the v6 has all that and more.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #258
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
My wife and I were getting out of our Camaro this morning and a guy approached me. He asked how fast our car was, I just said faster than the law allows. He then challenged me to a race for pinks with his truck. I told him I don't race, he kept egging me on I asked what he had in his truck, he said a 350 with 650 HP. I said I had a V6 with 312hp so it wouldn't be a fair race anyway. He said he thought I had an SS. So does it matter it isn't as fast as an SS? Nope, it looks fast sitting still and as long as you don't tell what you got most people will never know you have a V6.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #259
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2012RS View Post
+1

I used to want a mustang until I saw this car.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #260
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
My wife and I were getting out of our Camaro this morning and a guy approached me. He asked how fast our car was, I just said faster than the law allows. He then challenged me to a race for pinks with his truck. I told him I don't race, he kept egging me on I asked what he had in his truck, he said a 350 with 650 HP. I said I had a V6 with 312hp so it wouldn't be a fair race anyway. He said he thought I had an SS. So does it matter it isn't as fast as an SS? Nope, it looks fast sitting still and as long as you don't tell what you got most people will never know you have a V6.
Anybody pushing that hard, and wanting to race for "pinks" is just a doucher, anyway. Really? What is this? West side story? Deathrace? Seems like some kind of musical or something. I think I would have told him to take his truck, and go kick rocks.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #261
Infernoo

Drives: '11 IOM 2LT/RS
It's fast enough and the only people who don't know it's not a v8 are the SS owners.. lol.. I let a woman from work drive my car because she was talking about how she wanted so badly to ride in the new Camaro. When I told her I own one and let her drive it she looked like a little girl who had just been given a pony. She started to baby it and when we got on an open road I told her to go ahead and punch it. When she did she heard the roar from the intake and immediately let off then exclaimed to me,"OMG!!" we both laughed... I told her it's fine and asked her to do it again and she punched it for a bit then slowed down and said she loved my car. When we got out she started to brag about how she's gotten her car over 120mph but how much stronger my car was to hers. She owns a 2003 Mercedes SL500 (5.0 L 302 hp v8.) I told her my car was only a v6 and she didn't believe me.. I still am pretty sure she doesn't believe me.. lol

Our cars are plenty fast and can even keep up with most stock v8s for the most part (and beating the older v8s.)
Infernoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #262
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
+1

I used to want a mustang until I saw this car.
jesus..I cant believe this thread is still going. Im with you oolie. I actually suppose to have went in and signed on the dotted line for an all black/black 2011 mustang v6 premium package with the performance pack for 24k the same week I purchased my camaro. Mod vs mod, I wish I would have just stuck with my choice but overall I am happy with the combination of looks and performance that the camaro offer. No slouch in any way. After I add some 3.73 or 4.11 I should be in the 12's or very very close if I can get my 60' down. I think that is more power than some peoples will ask for. Only if somebody can just crack the bosch ecm wide open and come out with cams that will change the game
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #263
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've posted in this thread before, but since it's still alive....

I was waiting at a light today, and some guy in a truck pulls up in the other lane. We both had our windows down, and he yells, "hey dude" and gives me a big thumbs up. Then says, "man, that's a sweet ride, I'm jealous, etc. etc." The question, "is it a V8?", never even came up.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #264
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
it looks fast sitting still and as long as you don't tell what you got most people will never know you have a V6.
I've had several people think that it was an 8, they are all shocked when I tell them it's a V6.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #265
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Here we go again v6 vs v8 LOL
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:45 AM   #266
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
Here we go again v6 vs v8 LOL

Ehhhh not really not if we don't dig up old threads. And to answer the OP's question. No, and neither does the SS. This is why we mod.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote