Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #43
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
please offer a dovetail spoiler and more chevrolet accessories. car is great keep up the good work
Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #44
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Option to replace back-up sensors with a back-up camara (screen either in HUD or in rearview mirror). Just get rid of the dots, takes away from the beauty of the design.
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #45
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
C'Mon...its a MUSCLE car kids!! CUP HOLDERS???

heres what I want:

Stronger Axels, 1000 HP from the factory

A track pack link bar to firm up the rear end (similar to whats offered by the aftermarket guys now)

A better selection of factory headers and performance parts (NASTY cams, intakes, exhaust)

Lighter car with less understeer (suspension upgrades).

More engine choices (LS-9..ohhh baby)

A COPO option ready to run, No frills, radio and heater-A/C delete optional.(Body in white is out now and is an awsome idea)

Functional RAM AIR or Cowl Induction.

A bullet proof driveline!!!! (Anyone remember the M-22 Rockcrusher??).

Better guage placement, OR a hud. that would cure it!!!

Move the paddle shifters OFF the wheel and onto the column behind the wheel, ever try paddle shifting with the wheel at 90 degrees??? Very hard to road course race like that. On the column they would always be in an accessible spot regardless of wheel position, like the high end Euro cars.

Retro colors: a dark Forest Green, Lemans Blue or Marina Bay Blue, G.O.L.D..that gorgeous 67 Camaro GOLD!!!!! lighter color interiors: tan, white, bright blue.

Ability to custom tailor some of these options individually instead of every thing being a package deal!!!!! The old days you could order any array of stuff, thats why there are so many unique cars out there.

Finally: WARRANTY this stuff, GM sold me ALOT of performance parts and when something broke they stuck it to me as far as warranty. If you sell a performance car or parts....dont punish me when I use it that way!!!!!!

I absolutley love this car, make it better and the heavens will open up!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #46
Bourgui

Drives: 1LT/RS, VR, GFX
I don't own my camaro yet, but I should by the end of the summer.

In any case, here are my suggestions:

1- height-adjustable passenger seat - my girlfriend could barely see over the hood when we rented the car, took a lot out of the cruising experience for her...

2- How about front sensors, the back ones are great, but once again, for shorter people that hood can be huge, even when driving.

3- Blind spot warning on the side mirror, like they have on the mazda 6 for example

4- I want to say a Nav system, but seeing as these are usually priced, I say don't bother unless you can keep the price relatively low

5- Performance options for the V6! I know a lot of people here will just scorn at this, but classic muscle car V8s belong to the 20th century, let's start building the future!

6- Leave the fuel door on its current side!! Much better IMO.

And also, thank you so much for your time!

Last edited by Bourgui; 02-22-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: LOL - I initially wrote s-n-i-g-g-e-r, which got censored to s******! Funny
Bourgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #47
IOM-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS 2G1FT1EWXA9163596
2011 Camaro

Please
Z28 427-502 engine w/Supercharger handling package steering improvements suspension etc...
Thank you

:5thgenvert:
IOM-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #48
IRONMAN/SS

Drives: 2000 Nissan Maxima
As a non fanboy of either the mustang or the camaro i only have a few issues I'd like to see worked out. With the coming of the 5.0 mustang there is serious consideration on my part to buy one because of these issues, which btw are all defaults on the Camaro's part.

1. Weight
Idk what you can do about this but you have to find a way to shave the weight. With the mustang having a distinct advantage in the weight department, this is a big selling point for me because I don't have any gripes about the Camaro's horsepower, but with the increase in hp that the mustang is getting and the weight difference I'd have to think that it would be a much better performer.

2. reduced power in the auto SS
I don't have any problem with anybody driving a stick but for me it's just not practical at all. If i cant have the same amount of horsepower as the stick then whats the point, if I'm buying a SS I'd like to think that I wouldn't be worried about gas mileage or at least it wouldn't be a huge selling point for me. Thing for me is I know that GM can put an auto LS3 in the camaro!

3. The radio
I know this is a retro car but the radio shouldn't have been made like it's the 60's. I NEED the option to have a nav screen, or at least be able to buy a aftermarket piece to put in the car, but i wouldn't be able to because of the curve that the radio sits on.

Those are my only gripes about the car, they are MAJOR selling points for me and unfortunately the mustang is winning but I think the camaro is a much better car made by a much better company who could do much better. the camaro is a much better looking car and if GM could just tweak those things I'd be more than elated to purchase one!!

Love @ 1st sight

Last edited by IRONMAN/SS; 02-22-2010 at 11:56 PM.
IRONMAN/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #49
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Illuminate, or raise the Homelink buttons
Auto hvac controls
Full dash ambient lighting
Lumbar adjustment in seats
Turbocharged V6 option
Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #50
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Fellas,

Thanks for doing this.

I love the idea of the HUD and NAV systems. Because of the cost, maybe offer it as an optional upgrade?

The HID foglamps would also be nice.

I would also like to see climate control. While the retro gauges are cool, having to always mess with the controls is a bit annoying. I would love to "set it and forget it".

All in all, I LOVE this car. Please don't change the body style.

-Rizzo
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #51
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
*Breathable seats. The back of my shirt is soaked in the summer.
*Adjustable suspension option for the SS for those of us with roads full of bumps.
*All season tires for the SS and/or RS.
I agree with the footwell lighting and hidden RS headlight comments.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #52
WAGS572

Drives: 2007 SILVERADO 1969 CAMARO
I WOULD SUGGEST A BIGGER SPOILER AND GM NEEDS TO ADDRESS THE PAINT ISSUES THAT THEY PRODUCE , MY CAR IS BLACK AND I HAVE 22 AREAS THAT HAVE DIRT OR WERE THEIR WAS DIRT AND GM NIBBBED AND BUFFED AND NOW YOU CAN SEE WERE THEY DIDN'T BUFF ENOUGH.

PERFORMANCE IS AWESOME
DRILLED ROTORS ON THE 2SS MODEL WOULD BE GREAT, I JUST COMPLETED PUTTING DRILLED ROTORS ON MY CAR AND THE LOOK IS MUCH BETTER.

Z28 FOR SURE BUT LOW PRODUCTION #'S PLEASE
WAGS572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #53
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Navigation

Hud
Old 02-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #54
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
There are several issues that I have seen listed quite a bit, but I have only seen climate control listed twice, so I am going to go ahead and say it again. My grandfather had it on his 94 Buick, and I have it on my 03 Explorer. I don't think it should be standard, but it would be nice to have as an option.
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #55
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Push button start please!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #56
SSizzle

Drives: Inferno Orange 2010 Camaro 2SS
Great car overall for the $$. A few creature comforts would help.
- Back up camera in the rearview mirror
- Auto Climate control
- Pwr Passenger seat (a must!)
- Eco button to turn the AFM on and OFF! Or comp mode that turns it OFF!
- Blind spot sensors so you don't have to stick your head out the window
- HID Fog lights with RS pkg
- Multiple color controls for the interior dash and "mood lighting" ie.. Mustang
- Rear seat entry controls and seat belt holder of that of an Infiniti G37
- Paint is way to thin!
- GM Performance suspension kit, Lowering, sway bars, etc...
- Special Editions twice a yr. like you did with H2's
- Navigation w/ voice commands
- Color matched LED backlit 4 pack gauge cluster
- I know its a sports car, but just a small slot somewhere for sunglasses
- Break away side mirrors, pwr folding
- If the foreign car makers can do it with these items at comp. prices so can we!
- Finally Don't do anything to kill the VALUE of the car!
SSizzle is offline   Reply With Quote