Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
MikeGstayUp

Drives: 2013 SS in the future
Thumbs up

Thanks for posting each interview. Maybe more people will appreciate the 2014 refresh, as the front end changes weren't done just for visual impact but also function!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGstayUp View Post
Thanks for posting each interview. Maybe more people will appreciate the 2014 refresh, as the front end changes weren't done just for visual impact but also function!
I certainly appreciate the front end changes for both their visual impact/disctinction AND function.

It's the rear I can't get my head around. I think I get the concept of what they were trying to accomplish but the license plate area now looks a generation older than it was. Half bumper, half diffuser, two-tone (for non-black cars) and a square-ish, deep inset. The license plate area of the pre-2014 was near perfection. A shame it was changed at all.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camss57 View Post
Any info on the 2014 1LE?
Besides it existing? No. I don't think anything has changed in terms of components of the 1LE package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I certainly appreciate the front end changes for both their visual impact/disctinction AND function.

It's the rear I can't get my head around. I think I get the concept of what they were trying to accomplish but the license plate area now looks a generation older than it was. Half bumper, half diffuser, two-tone (for non-black cars) and a square-ish, deep inset. The license plate area of the pre-2014 was near perfection. A shame it was changed at all.
That's the one and only part of the refresh I'm not happy with, myself...I tend to agree it looks less "modern" than the original swept-in license place area.

However...the "blockiness" does contribute to the overall muscular look of the new back end when you stand back and stare for a moment. So even though I don't like it...it works...
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Commenting on the how the 2014 ZL1 will keep its original front fascia and hood, our friends at Chevy says:

"The ZL1 is relatively fresh in the market, and the aerodynamic development that went into the front end is integral to the overall performance of the car."