Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #1037
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Just a scope! He said it was injured and healed itself but scar tissue was in my joint so he cleaned it up.
But this is a doctor who has WAY too many patients. He couldn't remember that I was a cop. I had to keep reminding him since he told me I couldn't work at all for 3 weeks. Then after that he asked what I needed to do. I said uhm work.. He says what do you do? Uhh police.. "Oh no you can't do that" lol so light duty for a month. Then he released me totally and workers comp is trying to close the case saying the dr said I'm 100%. Not even close to being 100%!!!
I can't walk down stairs normally. My knee hurts too badly if I let it bend the way it needs to. So I kinda wobble haha

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #1038
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Hey everyone, just stopping in to share a kick ass lower body workout,
I used weight and added some curls to my lunges, just did this workout 4 times, and ended it with some plank holds, I'm trying to build a little more muscle this year so taking a break from competing in hopes to have a more toned appearance for next year,

Remember, there is nothing that beats consistancy!

Name:  971028_553804771348297_970531249_n[1].jpg
Views: 466
Size:  72.3 KB
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #1039
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hey everyone, just stopping in to share a kick ass lower body workout,
I used weight and added some curls to my lunges, just did this workout 4 times, and ended it with some plank holds, I'm trying to build a little more muscle this year so taking a break from competing in hopes to have a more toned appearance for next year,

Remember, there is nothing that beats consistancy!

Attachment 542465

That's an intense workout, can you walk a day or two afterwards. lol

For putting on more muscle nothing beats using heavy weights on compound lifts such as squats, deadlifts and benches but you already know that.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #1040
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
That's an intense workout, can you walk a day or two afterwards. lol

For putting on more muscle nothing beats using heavy weights on compound lifts such as squats, deadlifts and benches but you already know that.
Yeah well my glutes feel the pain right now, Oh Dear God pray for me in the morning!

No pain No gain!

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-07-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #1041
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo! I was tired of cinching my pants down with a belt to keep them on my butt. I just bought 6 pairs of size 8 pants and they were not even tight on me. Including a pair of size 8 skinny jeans! I have not worn a size 8 in probably 30+ years. PLUS I found a fantastic sale. The 6 pants and 3 shirts & a blazer for a little over $100 (all good name brands). It was a good day!

Celebration pics time!
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #1042
Bonnie
Bonfyre

That is a great accomplishment Lady, great Job!!!

Trained today and went to Kettle bell class, My weight is 120 now, Need to get down to 115 and keep as much muscle as possible.... that is my goal!

Only 5 more pounds to go.... I can do this!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #1043
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
So, I've been down here in North Carolina for just over a week at a place I'm staying 6-8 months to to lose weight.

After the first 3 days with the new meal plan, I no longer needed to take insulin.

I've lost 5 pounds so far, and expect that to continue. I'll keep you all up to date on this, as I was 330 pounds to start. My goal at the end of this is somewhere in the 220-240 range, and I won't be leaving here until I reach that goal.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #1044
RubyCamaro
Jan

Bonnie: You go girl!

Steve: Cool comitment to your health & it sounds like you are off to a great start. Definately, keep us posted.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #1045
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
So, I've been down here in North Carolina for just over a week at a place I'm staying 6-8 months to to lose weight.

After the first 3 days with the new meal plan, I no longer needed to take insulin.

I've lost 5 pounds so far, and expect that to continue. I'll keep you all up to date on this, as I was 330 pounds to start. My goal at the end of this is somewhere in the 220-240 range, and I won't be leaving here until I reach that goal.
That's great. You will be amazed at the changes heading your way. It will be life changing.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #1046
Heydownhere!
Zabo's arm rest

Drives: The Silver Car
Hi all. Haven't been around much lately...just thought I'd give a quick update.

Had some ups and downs recently. I am thankful that I finally got on an antidepressant though! I already feel better. Waking early is still a big chore for me, and I do still feel tired during the day...I've been watching what I eat. Eating less in general, and trying to have vegetables with every meal. Tomorrow morning I'm going to be walking in the mornings...plan to start walking in the afternoons, once I'm used to it... BF and I talked about Crossfit. Even talked about possibly getting me a personal trainer, once the money situation evens out.

Honestly, I feel a lot happier now. Maybe not all the time, but in general...and I think the better moods and better attitudes will help me out a lot, vs. the constant depression and negativity. Baby steps!
Heydownhere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #1047
RubyCamaro
Jan

Great! Sounds like you are getting yourself on track. You really need to watch your diet & exercize with the antidepressants. They will tend to lead you to gain weight but DO NOT stop taking them for that reason or if you start to feel better. You need to take them consistently & at the same time each day. The improved diet & exercize will also help with your depression but you need both. Be really careful also with things like nitrites, red food coloring, caffeine, chocolate...........oh heck, the easiest thing is just eat good clean food as close to the way it grew in nature as possible. Have a good system of routine & rituals in your life & a good social support system & before you know it you will be a whole new you!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #1048
Heydownhere!
Zabo's arm rest

Drives: The Silver Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Great! Sounds like you are getting yourself on track. You really need to watch your diet & exercize with the antidepressants. They will tend to lead you to gain weight but DO NOT stop taking them for that reason or if you start to feel better. You need to take them consistently & at the same time each day. The improved diet & exercize will also help with your depression but you need both. Be really careful also with things like nitrites, red food coloring, caffeine, chocolate...........oh heck, the easiest thing is just eat good clean food as close to the way it grew in nature as possible. Have a good system of routine & rituals in your life & a good social support system & before you know it you will be a whole new you!
BF is being really supportive, and I appreciate it so much. We went shopping the other day and picked up a couple things like spinach and that crumbly cheese for salads. I'm trying to get my water consumption up again...been having a difficult time with that lately. Not sure why. I'd rather eat ice all day...but as long as I'm getting my water in, right?

As for the weight gain on antidepressants...that's one reason it took me so long to ask about them. But do you gain because they make you eat more, or can the actual medication ITSELF make you gain? As it is, I don't eat too much anyway. I don't really gain or lose, either, so I must be eating enough to maintain my weight. Going to have to fix that.
Heydownhere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #1049
RubyCamaro
Jan

If you are craving ice it may be a sign of iron deficiency. You might want to get that checked. As for the antidepressants, I think is is more of an appetite thing. But if you are eating healthy & getting good exercize that will help regulate your appetite too!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #1050
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I lost 3 pounds this week. Eating better and been painting lol never knew painting walls worked so many muscles!! But my knee kept locking up when I tried walking up the ladder.. It popped once causing tons of pain... Had to call out of the overtime work I was suppose to do. BUT now my knee is feeling better! Going up stairs hurts a little still but no limp! Still pops which sucks.

I've been taking these pills with bee pollen. I like em so far.

I'd probably do much better if I could sleep at night. Failing horribly at that. No legit reason why I can't sleep. Hot or cold... Or just awake.

Need to start lifting again. My attempt to run again tomorrow morning.

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote