Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #476
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTAT View Post
You guys have it backward - The ferrari california and f12 never looked like ferraris, they are front engined and have long hoods, sound like a familiar american sports car? To say the new vette looks too much like the california or f12 is to say it looks too much like a corvette...
So you don't know much about Ferrari then do you?? Because there are many front engine ferraris from back in the day. V8 and V12 cars. The corvette team blatantly copied Ferrari. Mostly the 599. But the entire car is Ferrari influenced. Hopefully with the next design it resembles the namesake. It looks good but only because the ferraris it copy's look good.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #477
SSTAT
 
SSTAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1, 1997SS NASA Road Racer
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zanesville, Oh
Posts: 57
As soon as I wrote that I knew someone would make that argument. But corvette has owned the long hood, front engine design from the 70s until the 612 (I dont count the marinello), thats a good 35-40 yr absence for ferrari. Vette may have stole it, but vette owns this shape for anyone under 40 years old or so. By the way, you can make an argument without being insulting... cant you??
SSTAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #478
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
If you wanna do the long hood design that has been around forever. And the vette didn't even originally have a long hood. I realize that there are alot of crazy designs out there. I hate the new "corvette" because it doesn't resemble a corvette in any way. If GM didn't do a release and parked it somewhere badge less ill bet millions not 1 person could have guessed it was the new corvette unless they where somehow involved with its design. In my eyes they need to come up with a new name because its not a vette anymore.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #479
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
If you wanna do the long hood design that has been around forever. And the vette didn't even originally have a long hood. I realize that there are alot of crazy designs out there. I hate the new "corvette" because it doesn't resemble a corvette in any way. If GM didn't do a release and parked it somewhere badge less ill bet millions not 1 person could have guessed it was the new corvette unless they where somehow involved with its design. In my eyes they need to come up with a new name because its not a vette anymore.
I disagree with the badgeless scenario...

The hood/door/deck proportions, greenhouse (glass), and side profile all SCREAM Corvette to me. On a bad day seeing this thing badge-less, I might have suggested that Ferrari tried to copy the 'Vette...because it looks like one!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #480
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
If you wanna do the long hood design that has been around forever. And the vette didn't even originally have a long hood. I realize that there are alot of crazy designs out there. I hate the new "corvette" because it doesn't resemble a corvette in any way. If GM didn't do a release and parked it somewhere badge less ill bet millions not 1 person could have guessed it was the new corvette unless they where somehow involved with its design. In my eyes they need to come up with a new name because its not a vette anymore.
I'll take that bet in a heartbeat
__________________
x1sniper3x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #481
Fenderaddict2

 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
If you wanna do the long hood design that has been around forever. And the vette didn't even originally have a long hood. I realize that there are alot of crazy designs out there. I hate the new "corvette" because it doesn't resemble a corvette in any way. If GM didn't do a release and parked it somewhere badge less ill bet millions not 1 person could have guessed it was the new corvette unless they where somehow involved with its design. In my eyes they need to come up with a new name because its not a vette anymore.

I'd take this bet. Heck, if it was't badged ( and i couldnt see inside) I would take the F12 to be a Vette.
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #482
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,489
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I disagree with the badgeless scenario...

The hood/door/deck proportions, greenhouse (glass), and side profile all SCREAM Corvette to me. On a bad day seeing this thing badge-less, I might have suggested that Ferrari tried to copy the 'Vette...because it looks like one!

I agree, it's funny to me that people can't see Corvette in this car... In fact when I first saw the new Viper I was like is that the new vette?... This C7 is a Vette alright look at it next to every generation prior and you can see the progression.
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #483
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 4,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
If you wanna do the long hood design that has been around forever. And the vette didn't even originally have a long hood. I realize that there are alot of crazy designs out there. I hate the new "corvette" because it doesn't resemble a corvette in any way. If GM didn't do a release and parked it somewnhere badge less ill bet millions not 1 person could have guessed it was the new corvette unless they where somehow involved with its design. In my eyes they need to come up with a new name because its not a vette anymore.
You would have guessed wrong
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Next Camaro:
CRT 1SS/RS/1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #484
monstertodd


 
monstertodd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina
Posts: 3,971
This Corvette is going to be a home run with buyers. GM really nailed it. I may be trying to source a used one in a few years.
__________________
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #485
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
This Corvette is going to be a home run with buyers. GM really nailed it. I may be trying to source a used one in a few years.
Yea. Ill agree with you. It will be a great seller. Because most people don't care about heritage. They just want the newest thing out. That's why the 5th gen sold crazy for the first couple years. Now they are everywhere and don't sell so quick.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #486
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 4,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Yea. Ill agree with you. It will be a great seller. Because most people don't care about heritage. They just want the newest thing out. That's why the 5th gen sold crazy for the first couple years. Now they are everywhere and don't sell so quick.
You sound like the guy that's afraid of change, I don't know what you're looking at but I think the majority of people rely on heritage and it's written all over the new corvette and that's what people buy into (sure all the technical stuff is cool too ). When GM releases a vehicle and can create this much excitement in people young and old(er) it must be striking a chord, much like the Camaro. Probably why there are some subtle influences, yet the Corvette designers and engineers have created a corvette that stirs the soul, much like each new generation of corvette has.

I don't know where you are getting you're information, but Camaros are selling just as well as they have when they were first introduced. Haven't you seen the information about sales for the Camaro for the last 3 years? here's a link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268876
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Next Camaro:
CRT 1SS/RS/1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #487
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Yea. Ill agree with you. It will be a great seller. Because most people don't care about heritage. They just want the newest thing out. That's why the 5th gen sold crazy for the first couple years. Now they are everywhere and don't sell so quick.
Interesting you don't think they're selling well anymore. In fact, the 5th-gen is still outselling Mustang, with strong numbers without very many incentives... Don't worry...

The key thing with heritage is that it has to stay in the past - otherwise it's not heritage anymore, it's "retro". You must build ON it, not with it...and that's what Team Corvette did. Just like Team Camaro did in 2009.

The more and more I read about and look at this Corvette the more thrilled I am! It is what the C6 tried to be...and what the modern Corvette should always be - a world-beater.

I'll have mine in night-race blue and black wheels, please.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #488
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,489
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Interesting you don't think they're selling well anymore. In fact, the 5th-gen is still outselling Mustang, with strong numbers without very many incentives... Don't worry...

The key thing with heritage is that it has to stay in the past - otherwise it's not heritage anymore, it's "retro". You must build ON it, not with it...and that's what Team Corvette did. Just like Team Camaro did in 2009.

The more and more I read about and look at this Corvette the more thrilled I am! It is what the C6 tried to be...and what the modern Corvette should always be - a world-beater.

I'll have mine in night-race blue and black wheels, please.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You sound like the guy that's afraid of change, I don't know what you're looking at but I think the majority of people rely on heritage and it's written all over the new corvette and that's what people buy into (sure all the technical stuff is cool too ). When GM releases a vehicle and can create this much excitement in people young and old(er) it must be striking a chord, much like the Camaro. Probably why there are some subtle influences, yet the Corvette designers and engineers have created a corvette that stirs the soul, much like each new generation of corvette has.

I don't know where you are getting you're information, but Camaros are selling just as well as they have when they were first introduced. Haven't you seen the information about sales for the Camaro for the last 3 years? here's a link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268876
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #489
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,687
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
First C7 Stingray just sold for $1,050,000 to Rick Hendrick.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #490
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
First C7 Stingray just sold for $1,050,000 to Rick Hendrick.
God love that guy.

$1,000,000 dollars, huh?

That's some damn fine demand!!

Didn't the first Camaro "only" pull like...350,000 or something like that?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #491
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,088
I'd say the economy is back based on the sales at BJ.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #492
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,438
That car looked absolutely gorgeous under the lights. Red with the black wheels would definitely be my dream car.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #493
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
First C7 Stingray just sold for $1,050,000 to Rick Hendrick.
I am guessing he wants to keep it for a long time because he will never get his money back out of it.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #494
stros
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Jose California
Posts: 233
That Vette at Barrett Jackson looked freakin' amazing. I was impressed by the pics but seeing it on live TV blew me away. Great work by Ed Welburn and the GM design team.
__________________
2010 Silver SS/RS L99. Pedders Radius Rod & Subframe Inserts, Pedders Sway bars, Pedders Lowering Coils, Pedders Rear Alignment Kit. Solo Mach XL w/J Pipes Catback exhaust
stros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #495
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I am guessing he wants to keep it for a long time because he will never get his money back out of it.
Was this auction for charity, as all the other "firsts" usually are?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #496
stros
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Jose California
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Was this auction for charity, as all the other "firsts" usually are?
Yes it was.
__________________
2010 Silver SS/RS L99. Pedders Radius Rod & Subframe Inserts, Pedders Sway bars, Pedders Lowering Coils, Pedders Rear Alignment Kit. Solo Mach XL w/J Pipes Catback exhaust
stros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #497
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by stros View Post
Yes it was.
This makes more sense, a good cause makes it well worth it.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #498
parkerss
 
parkerss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS M-6
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere very warm :)
Posts: 289
Looks like there making the body ready for the Mid engine series ))))
__________________

Speeding is fun, Speeding with friends...PRICELESS!
parkerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #499
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
This makes more sense, a good cause makes it well worth it.
Just what I was thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
Looks like there making the body ready for the Mid engine series ))))
I hope not...


There's a lot of "estimated" numbers about this car....

Anyone want to take bets?

I'm guessing:

HP/TQ: 470/465
0-60: 3.8
lat G: 1.05
top speed: 198
mpg: 28
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #500
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,489
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
First C7 Stingray just sold for $1,050,000 to Rick Hendrick.
Rick who?







Edit: I wish I had his money, and he had a feather up his @$$, then we would both be tickled...
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.