Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
jrock

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Question A Screw You???....It is IMO

As I understand, the first Camaros rolling off the assembly line will be one showroom car for every dealership. First off, what is the freaking point of a show room car? Anyone that would have ordered based only on sitting in a show room car has already ordered. Nobody is waiting to see if it will have enough leg room. And even if they are, what will sell more cars? Will showroom cars OR privately owned cars be more visible to potential buyers? If they put them on the streets first, people would see them and say "I want one." If they are in the showroom, it will limit their visibility.
Second off, the people that walk into the dealership, see the showroom car and say, "Ok, I'll take one" will be met with "OK, let's get it ordered. It will be in sometime in 2011." To which they will reply, "2011, I might as well wait."
...So, assuming my facts are right, all these showroom cars are doing is hurting sales and making us wait that much longer. I don't know how long the showroom cars will put us back in terms of waiting longer, but any time at all is a "Screw you" in my opinion.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
I hate to use this term but it does apply in this case...."it is what it is and not gonna change". Also, I feel a major flaming getting ready to commence seeing as how this was discussed in an earlier thread that sustained hundreds of posts and got nasty.

Anyway, good luck and welcome to the site.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
2011? Wrong.

The line has been making Camaro's already in a limited basis - someone that worked there said these are dealership cars. The March 16th date was the start of production for sold units.

The facts are, Chevy said from day one that the cars ordered would be delivered through Q3 2009. Nothing has changed.

Chevy went above and beyond by giving all the information on this car like no other release in its history. So as a thanks, you say THEY SAY screw you.

Way off base, IMO.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
The line has been making Camaro's already in a limited basis - someone that worked there said these are dealership cars. The March 16th date was the start of production for sold units.
Pretty sure that's not true at all. March 16th is the start of production. What's being built now is captive test fleet. Even fbodfather said that. Unless you know something the rest of us don't, the stuff mentioned in that thread was pure speculation that was shot down pretty quickly.

jrock, these cars are v6's. Most preordered cars are V8s. This will not greatly affect the preordered cars. v6's will be readily available by summer. I, for one, can't wait til local dealerships get their first cars so that I can actually go in and touch one. Is some stranger going to let you crawl through his car? They need to have something that people all over the country can go in and experience. Yes, I think this is a great idea that won't affect the vast majority of preorders at all.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z

FAIL!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Just referencing a post that was made weeks ago. True or not, it was a reference.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
2011? Wrong.

The facts are, Chevy said from day one that the cars ordered would be delivered through Q3 2009. Nothing has changed.

Chevy went above and beyond by giving all the information on this car like no other release in its history. So as a thanks, you say THEY SAY screw you.

Way off base, IMO.
Have you been having many canceled orders? My dealer has had 4 canceled in the last 2 weeks.. Just wondering if that was happining elsewhere.

have you heard anything about constraints on the V6's and when that may be lifted?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
I knew the deal when I ordered. My lease is up on my car April 1st which means my husband and I will be sharing his silverado for several months. He travels with his job so one car will work. The new camaro is special! I can wait!
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

I have had one canceled for personal reasons.

There is a constraint thread by Team EVS - with weekly updates. Rick is accurate and dead nuts with his reports. He's been doing this for years with the Corvette, and it helps everyone keep informed.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #10
jrock

Camaroscotty, I know you come through for a lot of us with info, and I'm aware GM has given us lots of info, but i will never be THANKING them. I'm spending around 33,000 dollars. They should be there with info whenever i freaking want it. All of us are part of what is keeping them in business no matter how hard they try to go out of business with poor labor deals.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #11
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
First, although this has been covered before, I'm OK with it being discussed again here....as long as there is .

Now for the "showroom cars"; Have you considered the people who will visit a dealer, most likely from seeing Camaro's on the street, and would like to see one, "static", so that they can take a closer look prior to ordering?
I know there would be many complaints from people, who wanting to place an order, and NOT being as informed (via message boards, etc.) aren't able to at least look at the car they're contemplating placing an order for.

I personally think GM is right in offering a Camaro in each dealership for display. How many of us like to visit a dealer, just to look around. I'd bet there are quite a few sales generated from those "just looking" after they're able to see a Camaro in person.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
jrock

if it doesn't delay our camaros, i'm fine with it. but if it were to delay them considerably, i still think seeing them on the street is more valuable. it's like advertising to every person who sees it whereas only the people that go to the dealership see it in the showroom.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #13
Redwolf20

The dealership Camaros were for googling at, sitting in and test driving which equates to being outside on the lot. However, we have already seen that there are idiot dealerships so alot of these will be in the showroom completely negating their intended purpose to excite people.
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Like I said before in the first thread. They didn't have to give us ANY info. When they started taking orders nobody asked us to pre-order. There were no commercials or call-to-action advertisements whatsoever. I would geuss 8 or 9 out of 10 people that walk into a dealership are ready or getting ready to buy. People on the road probably won't even know what it is. Name another car that has ever had 11,000 orders 2 months before production.

Tags
showroom