Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #673
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbaseball1 View Post
I live in College Station and Austin when i go home but i was wondering if theres goin to be a group of people driving to c5fest that are from Texas and if so when and wheres is everyone meeting up for the long drive?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108033

here's the convoy threads. check out texas. we are going to have a TON of people coming through texas!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #674
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Oh...and to start off our very first Camarofest ever, we had to Chally's open our event for us going down the track in their kenne bell powered Challengers. They were both in the 10's and 11's. It was something else to see! I hope we get a good variety out there. The more, the merrier.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #675
WildBill

Drives: 03 MACH1
Well..........If I had a two car enclosed trailer, I could make it more affordable for you east coasters ect.to have your car transported out here to Phoenix. For anyone interested, I do have my covered single car race trailer available for transport.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #676
Nice SS
Mr. Bill

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
We are happy to announce that the second annual 2011 Camaro5Fest will take place at the Firebird Speedway in Phoenix, Arizona, from April 15-16 (third weekend of April)!!

This year's event will be a full 2 day event, complete with a car show, drag racing, and autocrossing (subject to change). Of course there will also be a vendor alley for your shopping and modding needs.

We are hoping for even better attendance than the already impressive turnout at the first Camaro5Fest, so we hope to see as many of you as possible! We're confident that the 2011 event will be as memorable (if not more) an experience as the first Camaro5Fest.

Many of you are probably ecstatic with the location, while others may not be. Phoenix was a location which we felt was within reasonable distance for both west coast and central region members. We realize that many of you from other parts of the country will not be able to attend, but we have chosen to hold Camaro5Fest in alternate regions every year in order to allow everyone in the country (and Canada) a shot at attending. Next year's location will likely be easier for the northern and midwestern parts of the US to get to (nothing is set yet however). As for holding multiple Camaro5Fest events a year in different regions - it was discussed, but the logistics and planning periods needed for multiple events made this possibility impossible.

*NOTE: All other details regarding the event (itinerary, hotels, sponsorships) will be forthcoming in the next weeks and months, so stay tuned to our homepage and the Camaro5Fest subforum.

Attachment 166813
Has a host hotel been decided yet..want to get a room there..pls let me know...thanks for your time..."Nice SS"
Nice SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #677
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice SS View Post
Has a host hotel been decided yet..want to get a room there..pls let me know...thanks for your time..."Nice SS"
Yes... Here is the thread with all the hotel information

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109077
Old 11-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #678
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Question...Is there going to be a section at CamFest II where just our men and women in uniform can park their rides? It would be nice to have a special place to honor all of the men and women in uniform and do it up right. I know most of them are pretty humble but wouldnt it be nice to have them together in a group shot? God bless you wonderful soldiers! If it werent for you... no telling what we would be driving or riding on (camels?).

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #679
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Question...Is there going to be a section at CamFest II where just our men and women in uniform can park their rides? It would be nice to have a special place to honor all of the men and women in uniform and do it up right. I know most of them are pretty humble but wouldnt it be nice to have them together in a group shot? God bless you wonderful soldiers! If it werent for you... no telling what we would be driving or riding on (camels?).
This GREAT IDEA gets my vote!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #680
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
I think we can make that work.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #681
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
This GREAT IDEA gets my vote!
Mine as well.... Awesome idea...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #682
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Great idea. Any time we can honor these guys we should seize the moment....as this would be a small token of recognition.
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #683
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Lots of us servicemembers wanna come to C5 fest, but will be deployed. Maybe you could do a poll and see how many C5 members are deployed during C5Fest and "plant" a flag in the designated military area for each of the deployed C5 members? Or maybe just a poster or something listing everyone's screen names? Just a thought....
Old 12-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #684
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
making plans for this event, what is the cost for car entrance, if any?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #685
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2ss View Post
making plans for this event, what is the cost for car entrance, if any?
There is an entry fee. we are getting ready to announce the schedule and prices in the next couple days.

We expect the entry fee to be about what it was last year... so for this year it will $100.00 for drivers and $20 per spectator as this is a two day event instead of one day like C5FI.

This May change a little bit as this facility is a little more expensive than where we had C5F I.

But we're trying to keep the fees the same.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #686
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow