#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The ZL1 is a Great Car / The ZL1-1LE is a Special Car

After reading through a number of threads it's apparent that not everyone understands that the ZL1-1LE is a "special" car. Beginning with what I hear is a fully adjustable suspension...
Old 03-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #2
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
From Chevrolet's media site:

PressroomPRESSROOM
LIGHTBOX (0) |OWNERS|CHEVROLET WORLDWIDE|| LOGIN
Submit
HOME
VEHICLES
IMAGES
VIDEOS
BRAND
RACING
CONTACTS
AUTOSHOWS
2018 CAMARO ZL1 1LE SETS BENCHMARK FOR TRACK CAPABILITY
Special aero, adjustable suspension, exclusive tires drive unprecedented performance for a production sports car
2017-02-24

Print Print Send Email Word Share Add This
DAYTONA, Fla. — Chevrolet has established a new performance benchmark with the introduction of the 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE — the most track-capable Camaro ever.

Taking the track-focused 1LE formula to an unprecedented level, the ZL1 1LE incorporates racing-based suspension and aero technologies, as well as exclusive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R summer-only tires,* in an extreme track performance package.

“The track-focused 1LE package offers progressive levels of performance across the Camaro lineup, from the V6 1LE to the SS 1LE,” said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. “But with the new ZL1 1LE, the progression takes a quantum leap — this is the ultimate track-day Camaro.”

In preliminary testing, the new ZL1 1LE was 3 seconds faster than the standard ZL1 Coupe around General Motors’ 2.9-mile, 18-turn Milford Road Course test track.

The improved track performance is driven by four key elements:

Aerodynamics: New aero features including a carbon fiber rear wing, specific air deflectors and dive planes on the front fascia produce grip-generating downforce to help the car stick harder and drive faster in turns.
Adjustable suspension: The ZL1 1LE features racing-derived, lightweight Multimatic DSSV® (Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve) dampers front and rear for exceptional wheel and vehicle control. The front-end ride height is adjustable with the front dampers, which are used with all-new, adjustable camber plates. The rear stabilizer bar also offers three-way adjustability. All of the components are designed for quick changes at the track for optimal performance and a quick return to street settings when the track day ends.
Wheels and tires: New, lightweight forged aluminum wheels are an inch wider but an inch smaller in diameter, front and rear, than standard ZL1 wheels and are used with new Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires that deliver max lateral grip of 1.10g. Developed exclusively for the Camaro ZL1 1LE, the 3R tires are designed to warm up faster to help maintain more consistent grip and speed, lap after lap. The overall footprint grows approximately 10 percent over the ZL1, but the wheel-and-tire package weighs about 1.5 pounds (3.3 kg) less per corner.
Lighter weight: The lighter wheels and dampers, along with reduced thickness rear glass and a fixed-back rear seat, contribute to an approximately 60-pound (27 kg) lower curb weight than a standard ZL1 Coupe.
“The new Camaro ZL1 1LE offers the supreme track experience,” said Mark Dickens, executive director, Chevrolet Performance Variants, Parts and Motorsports Engineering. “It’s the pinnacle of Camaro performance and advances the 1LE’s nearly 30-year legacy of uncompromising, track-tailored capability.”

The power behind the ZL1 1LE is the 650-horsepower, supercharged LT4 engine backed by a six-speed manual transmission featuring Active Rev Match. Brembo brakes, including red calipers with the 1LE logo, are also included. Additional standard features include dual-zone automatic climate control, Bose premium audio system, heated/ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel.

The 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE goes on sale later this year. Pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date.

Current Vehicle:
2001 C5 Corvette

Previous Cars:
2009 C6 Z06
2008 C6 Z51 PKG
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
93oh

Drives: 2017 ZL-1
I wouldn't trade magna ride for cool overs on street. Nor would I trade lines for the wing and ugly hood
93oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93oh View Post
I wouldn't trade magna ride for cool overs on street. Nor would I trade lines for the wing and ugly hood
I agree with 2 out of the three. I could probably live with the hood..
Old 03-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post
From Chevrolet's media site:

PressroomPRESSROOM
LIGHTBOX (0) |OWNERS|CHEVROLET WORLDWIDE|| LOGIN
Submit
HOME
VEHICLES
IMAGES
VIDEOS
BRAND
RACING
CONTACTS
AUTOSHOWS
2018 CAMARO ZL1 1LE SETS BENCHMARK FOR TRACK CAPABILITY
Special aero, adjustable suspension, exclusive tires drive unprecedented performance for a production sports car
2017-02-24

Print Print Send Email Word Share Add This
DAYTONA, Fla. — Chevrolet has established a new performance benchmark with the introduction of the 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE — the most track-capable Camaro ever.

Taking the track-focused 1LE formula to an unprecedented level, the ZL1 1LE incorporates racing-based suspension and aero technologies, as well as exclusive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R summer-only tires,* in an extreme track performance package.

“The track-focused 1LE package offers progressive levels of performance across the Camaro lineup, from the V6 1LE to the SS 1LE,” said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. “But with the new ZL1 1LE, the progression takes a quantum leap — this is the ultimate track-day Camaro.”

In preliminary testing, the new ZL1 1LE was 3 seconds faster than the standard ZL1 Coupe around General Motors’ 2.9-mile, 18-turn Milford Road Course test track.

The improved track performance is driven by four key elements:

Aerodynamics: New aero features including a carbon fiber rear wing, specific air deflectors and dive planes on the front fascia produce grip-generating downforce to help the car stick harder and drive faster in turns.
Adjustable suspension: The ZL1 1LE features racing-derived, lightweight Multimatic DSSV® (Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve) dampers front and rear for exceptional wheel and vehicle control. The front-end ride height is adjustable with the front dampers, which are used with all-new, adjustable camber plates. The rear stabilizer bar also offers three-way adjustability. All of the components are designed for quick changes at the track for optimal performance and a quick return to street settings when the track day ends.
Wheels and tires: New, lightweight forged aluminum wheels are an inch wider but an inch smaller in diameter, front and rear, than standard ZL1 wheels and are used with new Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires that deliver max lateral grip of 1.10g. Developed exclusively for the Camaro ZL1 1LE, the 3R tires are designed to warm up faster to help maintain more consistent grip and speed, lap after lap. The overall footprint grows approximately 10 percent over the ZL1, but the wheel-and-tire package weighs about 1.5 pounds (3.3 kg) less per corner.
Lighter weight: The lighter wheels and dampers, along with reduced thickness rear glass and a fixed-back rear seat, contribute to an approximately 60-pound (27 kg) lower curb weight than a standard ZL1 Coupe.
“The new Camaro ZL1 1LE offers the supreme track experience,” said Mark Dickens, executive director, Chevrolet Performance Variants, Parts and Motorsports Engineering. “It’s the pinnacle of Camaro performance and advances the 1LE’s nearly 30-year legacy of uncompromising, track-tailored capability.”

The power behind the ZL1 1LE is the 650-horsepower, supercharged LT4 engine backed by a six-speed manual transmission featuring Active Rev Match. Brembo brakes, including red calipers with the 1LE logo, are also included. Additional standard features include dual-zone automatic climate control, Bose premium audio system, heated/ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel.

The 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE goes on sale later this year. Pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date.
Exactly! Based on some comments I've read I'm afraid some on the forum don't really understand what some of these items are, let alone how they are used.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
Cornholio
I need Teepee!

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Wait though... the 1LE package de-values our precious ZL1s.. travislambert said so.
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
Wait though... the 1LE package de-values our precious ZL1s.. travislambert said so.
That's laughable. A small percent of Camaro guys/gals will want this car once they understand what it really is. It's "perfect" if you'll track it (supercharger not withstanding). All that adjustability is awesome, however pretty useless on the street. It will probably have a slower 0-60 and 1/4 mile than your everyday ZL1.
If you're buying one educate yourself on what it is...trackers understand.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #8
Cornholio
I need Teepee!

Your sarcasm meter isn't working correctly. And yeah I own a ZL1 just haven't updated my profile. Picked her up yesterday
Old 03-01-2017, 08:10 PM   #9
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Right. In a thread I started. I also offered a full explanation along with that claim. You don't have to agree. You're free to explain why I'm wrong, but the sarcastic comment calling me out personally isn't appreciated or helpful to the forum.

I think you should read this:

http://www.camaro6.com/tos.php

I believe many of your comments fall under:

"Harassing...other community members"
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #10
Cornholio
I need Teepee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Right. In a thread I started. I also offered a full explanation along with that claim. You don't have to agree. You're free to explain why I'm wrong, but the sarcastic comment calling me out personally isn't appreciated or helpful to the forum.

I think you should read these:

http://www.camaro6.com/tos.php

I believe this falls under:

"Harassing...other community members"
Jeez dude.. if you feel this is harassment you are really sensitive.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
...and the A10 is a super special car.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:17 PM   #12
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Your sarcasm meter isn't working correctly. And yeah I own a ZL1 just haven't updated my profile. Picked her up yesterday
I'm not sure if your comment is a reply to me, however I'm Not being sarcastic. This ZL1-1LE is very special like the Viper ACR. It's not mere transportation, it's for hardcore tracking. Just look at all that adjustability. If you buy a ZL1-1LE join a tracking club.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #13
Cornholio
I need Teepee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm not sure if your comment is a reply to me, however I'm Not being sarcastic. This ZL1-1LE is very special like the Viper ACR. It's not mere transportation, it's for hardcore tracking. Just look at all that adjustability.
Completely understand. And 100% agree.

@travislambert - truce? Sorry for the comments.. let's agree to disagree.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:23 PM   #14
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

^