Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #43
2SSRS-CGM

Drives: '16 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
I totally respect what you do for your country and the world. But what some people don't understand is that forums are inherently full of opinion, not fact. I rarely find anything anyone says objectionable, because I understand that it is simply their opinion, and they're welcome to it.

For example, when someone says "something should be this and that", you find that someone gets offended by the word "should". Why? It's obvious it's their opinion, and in their opinion it should be this and that. There's nothing wrong with that.

Furthermore, I've also seen people have their perspectives opened up because they voiced their incorrect viewpoint, and other people in the forum were able to change their mindset. Had those people kept their mouths shut in the first place, they would never have learned they were wrong. I myself have been corrected many times.

Therefore I have learned that there is much to be gained by voicing one's opinion, rightly or wrongly. We all get to learn, in my opinion.
Your opinion is respected; you actually can express an intelligent thought process. I enjoy discussions of how well do the parts transfer from one version to another. People are thinking there (LSA=LS Family, LS3 copulates with LSA and makes LS3A). I also enjoy the "Chevy just ordered what would appear to be heavy duty drive shafts" ie 1+1= Z28. It was mainly the “…if I bought it in September I would barely get to drive it...” Kind of a Grind my Gears moment
Old 03-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #44
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
First thanks for your service to the USA! Second, I feel your pain (I have been waiting to buy a new Camaro since 2001 (wife overruled the SS in 02 :( ). So needless to say, I am ecstatic about the forthcoming Z28!
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #45
Beefman

Drives: 08 Landcruiser, 07 Denali,
Couldn't wait went Hennessey 600 hp package. Probably will be similar monies as the Z-28.
Beefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #46
76CamaroLT

Drives: 4wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
I was brought home from the hospital in a Z28
Just out of curiosity.. were you born in NJ?
76CamaroLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #47
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Wow..Glad we got through all that..Now back on topic. So uh....Whats the difference between a Z/28 driveshaft and an SS or V6 driveshaft? Does it say.."For Z/28 only!!" on the side?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #48
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Yeah itd be in everyone's best interests to keep the Captain America discussion out of the picture.
For those people who think its lame to buy the car in October or something just to let it sit in your garage i really dont see the problem, i dont wanna burst your bubble but there's gonna be many more winters out there you'll have to store it for, once a year to be more specific xD and if you still dont like it then dont buy it til Spring problem solved.
And yeah what is the difference anyways? Is there a major reason everyone is so up into the idea of a Z/28 driveshaft? Or is it just the idea that a part made specificly for the Z is coming to market so we know the car wont be far behind?
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #49
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Im guessing this Z-28 isn't gonna be "sitting in showrooms" as some one put it....it's gonna have a price north of 50K and probably be a limited production item. They will most likely be sold almost exclusively to enthusiasts, because anyone who encounters a nice weather day and gets the urge to buy a sports car would drive an SS and realize no more power is really necessary for their casual needs.....and definitely won't be willing to pay 20K more because 426 HP isn't enough.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #50
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Im guessing this Z-28 isn't gonna be "sitting in showrooms" as some one put it....it's gonna have a price north of 50K and probably be a limited production item. They will most likely be sold almost exclusively to enthusiasts, because anyone who encounters a nice weather day and gets the urge to buy a sports car would drive an SS and realize no more power is really necessary for their casual needs.....and definitely won't be willing to pay 20K more because 426 HP isn't enough.
I think you're half right, there probly wont be many out there but i think every large respectable GM dealership will have one to showcase as the center-piece of its display. Kind of like the GT500, they're there on display, but they usually dont go anywhere haha, they just draw customers into the showroom where they settle on what they really can afford, being the SS as you mentioned
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #51
Black Zed

Drives: '82 Z28
I can't wait to see the new Z28. i won't be buying one for a few years, as my build has cost me plenty and i will love my car, but i will eventually want a 5th gen Z.
Also, my daughters' middle name is Camaro
Black Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #52
10CamaroIOM
Loves All Muscle Cars

Drives: 1997 Silverado Z71
Great!
10CamaroIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #53
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
that's nonsense. It would be pure torture to release it in late 2011 and then have it sit in your garage undriven for a half a year.

I'm waiting LONG ENOUGH for my Camaro. I missing the 2010 summer, I'll be darned if I'm missing the 2011 summer too.
Oh, the joys of Florida!