Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #57
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity View Post
driving around without a purpose is wasting gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t even know where to begin. I can’t get my mind wrapped around this at all.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #58
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I don’t even know where to begin. I can’t get my mind wrapped around this at all.

Having a family or having multiple cars?

Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #59
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
so driving around without a purpose is wasting gas

Driving around without a purpose in the world is quite possibly my biggest stress reliever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Working at jobs we hate to buy more materialistic crap. I know we all have to find a purpose in life, but is getting into the materialistic trap game a wise use of our very limited time we have here on earth? Some could argue not.

It's the same thing with how we use our cars. A few of us who want to keep the miles low to retain that newness and pristine-like condition of a low mileage car is our enjoyment. It's not always about money or what the car will be worth someday.

However, I do want to drive my car more and will after I get my clear bra installed, but I'm always going to take care of it and keep it in like new pristine condition no matter what the mileage is.
See here's the thing. You can't look at it as just " materialistic crap"

Remember that " materialistic crap" has a use. Did I " need" a spare truck? No.. it's materialistic crap... BUT that spare truck can have snowboards thrown in it, thrashed around in the snow, beat to hell when I out on 4 wheelers, and I don't care. Hell it gets 600 miles to the tank with is awesome. Without that " materialistic crap" I'd be hitching rides with a friend, or hell not even doing the fun things.

My 350z? Is it materialistic crap? Sure, but Colorado is 6 hours away, a nice road trip, and then twisties in the mountains at 90 is a blast.

My Camaro? Is it materialistic crap? Sure, but where I live is miles and miles of straight away with ZERO traffic and ZERO cops. 150+ mph blasts are.. well.. a blast

The materialistic crap isn't " the purpose" ... with some of us it's the way to get to the purpose in a more enjoyable way. Honestly could I rent a car/truck? And do the same thing? Sure.. Would it be as much fun? No way.

Trust me if I wanted to keep up with the joneses, I'd have a GTR right now, and a Raptor. Instead.. I have a 350z, a Camaro, and the Ecoboost F150, and the Silverado lol
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #60
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I drive between 60-80k miles per year for work. Using my ZL1 would NOT be possible, I end up in nasty off road muddy, bumpy places that even my Silverado does not always appreciate. So when I get home on weekends, the thought of driving 200 miles for relaxation is not appealing to me.

Do I love coming home seeing a spotless showroom ZL1 in my garage? Hell yeah, do I take it on my favorite back roads, yes.

Do I think people are crazy for driving their Camaro daily and putting 100k miles on it, no. Would I prefer to drive a Camaro for work, yes.

I keep most of my "toy" cars forever, only selling them to family or friends. Will anyone get my clean Z for KBB, lol, hell no...

and married for 21 years, nobody banging my wife either
StreetRage320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #61
Camcar

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
It's all about perspective and the way different people are wired. I don't understand people who are rabid NFL fans, with team stickers on their cars, dressing in team colors and supporting players who decide what team to play for based on the best financial offer they get, with little or no genuine loyalty to any particular city they play for. Some people tend to focus on the financial aspects of things, so that's their perspective- whether or not something makes sense financially. Plenty of people focus on retirement plans their whole career and don't live long enough to enjoy retirement. The fact is they live a happier life because they're putting away money. I understand different perspectives, but with all the cars I have (because for some reason I love cars), I'm a financial idiot. But I feel happy looking at my Camaro every day!
Camcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #62
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
I drive between 60-80k miles per year for work.

Damm With all that driving you do for work are you sure about that???

Sorry I couldn’t resist LOL

Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #63
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
I drive between 60-80k miles per year for work. Using my ZL1 would NOT be possible, I end up in nasty off road muddy, bumpy places that even my Silverado does not always appreciate. So when I get home on weekends, the thought of driving 200 miles for relaxation is not appealing to me.

Do I love coming home seeing a spotless showroom ZL1 in my garage? Hell yeah, do I take it on my favorite back roads, yes.

Do I think people are crazy for driving their Camaro daily and putting 100k miles on it, no. Would I prefer to drive a Camaro for work, yes.

I keep most of my "toy" cars forever, only selling them to family or friends. Will anyone get my clean Z for KBB, lol, hell no...

If you treat your wife like you do your car, I believe nobody is banging her, including you.

(That was low hanging fruit). Lol
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #64
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
If you treat your wife like you do your car, I believe nobody is banging her, including you.

(That was low hanging fruit). Lol
Old 11-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #65
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Quote:
Damm With all that driving you do for work are you sure about that???

Sorry I couldn’t resist LOL

yeah, I guess I set myself up good with that post.

My "close" friends do remind me i have three daughters with different color hair...
Old 11-06-2017, 08:34 PM   #66
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
True but living in Chicago area there really isn’t cool roads to be cruising around. I do get a little envious of guys that live in mountain areas or along the coast but around here cruising is literally sitting in traffic catching red lights driving down a straight road. Plus if it was just me and the wife it wouldn’t be too bad however we have a four-year-old which requires a car seat which does not fit very well in the backseat, and the daughter doesn’t like it because she can’t see anything out the little window.

I remember back when I was in high school living at my parents house we did everything we could to avoid being home which included literally just driving around and nowadays I don’t have that problem so driving around without a purpose is wasting gas

If driving around makes you happy then it does have a purpose and is not wasting gas. I think it’s a waste to spend $100 for a ticket to watch a bunch of overpaid athletes play a kids game, but if it makes someone happy then it’s not a waste to them.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #67
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
700 miles per year. I'd say you lose.

IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #68
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
If driving around makes you happy then it does have a purpose and is not wasting gas. I think it’s a waste to spend $100 for a ticket to watch a bunch of overpaid athletes play a kids game, but if it makes someone happy then it’s not a waste to them.
Right. So, if having a low mileage pristine Camaro sitting in your garage makes you happy, then it's not a waste. The concept of having to use everything up (including our wives) so the next guy doesn't get it is ridiculous. It's what makes YOU happy.

What is Jay Leno going to do with all of his pristine restored collection of cars stored in hangers at the Burbank airport when he croaks? Yep, the next millionaire is going to enjoy it. It's not always about consuming the life out of everything before we pass on.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:12 PM   #69
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
2010 with 4700, bought new, just to busy to drive it right now.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #70
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Right. So, if having a low mileage pristine Camaro sitting in your garage makes you happy, then it's not a waste. The concept of having to use everything up (including our wives) so the next guy doesn't get it is ridiculous. It's what makes YOU happy.

What is Jay Leno going to do with all of his pristine restored collection of cars stored in hangers at the Burbank airport when he croaks? Yep, the next millionaire is going to enjoy it. It's not always about consuming the life out of everything before we pass on.
His family is going to make millions upon millions upon millions... not 20k.. lol
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote