Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Dinksgirl48

Drives: 2010 2SS Red Jewel tint
Snow and Stabilitrak

We had very slushy, freezing snow Sat night in south KC. Made a left turn up an incline onto another slight incline in a 2SS 6-speed manual. Could not get traction. Stabilitrak light flashing, speedometer indicated 10-12 MPH depending on 1st or 2nd gear. Not even inching along, blocking traffic. Very humiliating because I do know how to drive in these conditions, particularly with a stick. Two guys got out of their car behind me and pushed me up this silly hill, and I can't say the car was any help at all. Even further down the road where it was level, felt like I had no power at all when Stabilitrak light flashing. What a pain. Should I have turned off the Stabilitrak?
Dinksgirl48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
if you have winter tires on, I cant see how you struggled going up a hill
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
If you're running the Pirelli's you'll get stuck in any snow, they're horrible snow tires (I've yet to see ANY Pirelli that handles in the snow....they come on our police cars and we can go nowhere even in a front wheel drive car)

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
Moonshade

Drives: ABM LS
I'm driving 6spd V6 in PA and I drove twice in the snow this winter and had no problem I also have all seasons on the car.
Moonshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
CAMARO_MOW

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
I also drive a V6 with the all-season tires on. I drove all winter in the snow belt. Car drives in the snow like a champ!!! Absolutely now problems, but if you have the Perilli on, I can see you sliding all over the place. With the all-season 18'', drives better than the Probe GT with front wheel drive I used to have. Just have to be careful not to nuke the gas or it starts to step out.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #6
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
When I lived in Tulsa for 2 years, which included ice and snow storms, I drone my FWD 3000GT with pirelli p6s and never had an issue. I hardly ever lost traction.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinksgirl48 View Post
We had very slushy, freezing snow Sat night in south KC. Made a left turn up an incline onto another slight incline in a 2SS 6-speed manual. Could not get traction. Stabilitrak light flashing, speedometer indicated 10-12 MPH depending on 1st or 2nd gear. Not even inching along, blocking traffic. Very humiliating because I do know how to drive in these conditions, particularly with a stick. Two guys got out of their car behind me and pushed me up this silly hill, and I can't say the car was any help at all. Even further down the road where it was level, felt like I had no power at all when Stabilitrak light flashing. What a pain. Should I have turned off the Stabilitrak?
I know my HHR goes better with the traction control turned off... otherwise when it got slick and the first time it spun a tire it would cut power to the engine and I would come to a stop...