Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Flashing side marker with turn signals (led's)

hello Guys, i had previously posted, but i couldn't figure how to remove a poll that i started so i'm reposting, sorry. i will put a complete DIY soon. i think they came out really good.
so i removed my side markers, cut them open, added 2 led strips, wired one to the existed side marker wire and the other to the turn signal. resealed.

lupe

this one is just the turn signal

this one is side markers with turn signals, the front turn signal in the video look alot brighter than they really are. i couldn't get a good pic of them.

overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
thats awesome, i like the light in the mirror. added safety for sure. was it easy to do?
xtreme industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
overhaulengines

side mirrors not hard, did it in about 8 hrs, the side marker not hard at all. will be posting a DIY here soon.
here is link to the side mirror mod
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113157

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111660

lupe
Old 12-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
That's cool man. I have my AAC side markers installed. Now I am trying to figure out who would be the best to install them for me as turning signals. I am sure not going to try that because I have no experience with car mod installation.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
try this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
That's cool man. I have my AAC side markers installed. Now I am trying to figure out who would be the best to install them for me as turning signals. I am sure not going to try that because I have no experience with car mod installation.
hey unique,, i am looking for side markers also with turn signals..try AAC i spoke to Johnathan from that company,, seems pretty cool...he will wire the units for you, send them in the mail..and all you need to do is remove the old and put in new...seems easy enough..?? later...ryd
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Both of those sets are BAD A$$..........LOVE EM.............NICE JOB
Old 12-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #7
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Very Cool Lupe!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
hey unique,, i am looking for side markers also with turn signals..try AAC i spoke to Johnathan from that company,, seems pretty cool...he will wire the units for you, send them in the mail..and all you need to do is remove the old and put in new...seems easy enough..?? later...ryd
search the threads, someone posted on that, , i think they can send you and adapter to make them work as turn signals then go back to running lights. pretty cool

lupe
Old 12-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
Gonzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
I love the LED flashers on your side markers. I just had a quick question about the rear ones. What happens when you step on the brake - do the side markers also light up? I was thinking about doing a similar mod, but wondered if the turn signal and brake light are on the same wire. So if you tap into it to get the side markers to flash, won't they also light when you step on the brake?

Your car is awesome. Thanks for any help.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I love the LED flashers on your side markers. I just had a quick question about the rear ones. What happens when you step on the brake - do the side markers also light up? I was thinking about doing a similar mod, but wondered if the turn signal and brake light are on the same wire. So if you tap into it to get the side markers to flash, won't they also light when you step on the brake?

Your car is awesome. Thanks for any help.
The way I have done mine with AAC's LED and dual-intensity circuit is when you step on the brake the rear LED side markers will also light up. The other cool thing is if you are braking and turning they will also blink.

The reason it does this is the wire you tap into for the rear LED/Turn Markers is also the same wire that lights up the dual filament light bulb in the tail lights. It is pretty cool as now you have 7 brake lights in the back to warn others.

Here is the link to how I did mine, and Yes AAC will wire the dual-intensity circuits in for you for $75 which makes it even easier to do this mod.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96213

Lupe, great job Dude!

Peter
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote