Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Hmm, I don't know what to make of this...

I went to the courtesychevrolet website and was surprised to see they had the new Camaro on their home page already, so I decide to do a "live chat" and see what dirt I can dig up, if any.

I took the liberty of copying the chat log.

Here's what happened:

Quote:
Welcome to our web site, and thanks for chatting with us today.
The session has been accepted.

{Eric W} Thank you for visiting Courtesy Chevrolet. I am Eric W, a live person here to ensure you have a great online shopping experience.

How may I help you today?

{Courtesy Chevrolet - Guest} Hi, when do you expect to have the first camaro's in your showroom?
{Eric W} I would say within the next 2 months, we have not gotten word on an exact date yet.
{Courtesy Chevrolet - Guest} are you saying that you will have the "real deal" sitting in your showroom within the next two months sometime, ready for purchase and drive home?
{Eric W} I do believe so, but I can double check with my manager when he gets done with a customer and give you a phone call, he would know more about it than me.
{Courtesy Chevrolet - Guest} would you please do so?
{Eric W} Certainly, I would just need your name and phone number?
{Courtesy Chevrolet - Guest} Eisenhower: (***)***-**** A few more questions. will there be a Z28 or SS available? if so, how much will the most expensive camaro cost? thanks
{Eric W} I will have that information when I call you, we will be in touch. Could I actually get your e mail address as well if we need to send you any information?
{Courtesy Chevrolet - Guest} sure, it's ********** thanks for your help!!!!
{Eric W} ==========================

Your opinion is important to us!

Please take a moment to fill out a brief customer satisfaction survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=385791278262
The user has ended the session.
Now folks, I wouldn't get too excited yet as this individual I chatted with may have the details all screwed up. I assume that this is coming from someone inside the dealership, but who knows, it could be some freckled face kid at a message service. But, he did say that his manager was helping a customer and that he'll have to call me with more info AND they are posting the camaro on their website....

I sure hope that wasn't Ashton Kutcher I was chatting with...
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner

Drives: Nissan 350Z
maybe he's got it confused with the Malibu? Isn't that supposed to come out this fall?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It's just not possible. I'd think he's only trying to get your business....or he doesn't know what he's talking about. PLEASE post up his response! If he doesn't contact you, get back with him and let us know. I want to know his explanation.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
Maybe you connected to a web page from the future
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
If they person you were talking to thought u were talking about the malibu then he should be fired. You dont just mess up information that big. Especially Camaro info.
Yeah definetly get a hold of that guy.
Thanks for sharing with us Eisenhower

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
Maybe you connected to a web page from the future

I agree, it could have been the Malibu he was talking about. though how you mistake CAMARO with MALIBU, I'm not sure

But I, too, want to know what he says! This, although completely impossible, is juicy. I think I'll be going to this courtesy Chevrolet site, just for kicks.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:10 AM   #7
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Eisenhower, for your sake I hope that wasn't Ashton Kutcher either! haha! But, yes, please definitely let us know what you find out! Maybe this could be come new and exciting news? But maybe it could be nothing...
Old 07-29-2007, 01:22 AM   #8
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
LOL @ Ashton Kutcher reference.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:02 AM   #9
Mr. Wyndham

I REALLY don't like that guy.
I thought it was an act in "That '70s Show"...then I saw "punked"...ugh. I REALLY don't like that guy...
Old 07-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I did another live chat and talked with a different person this time. Basically I said, "Hey, what's up with the Camaro?" She had to put me on hold to check. She came back a few minutes later not knowing a thing, and then she abruptly ended the chat. that was rude..

So later on, I finally get my phone call from courtesy, and you know what I asked... I can't believe it... they put me on hold to check!!! I'm not sure anyone there even knows what a Camaro is. They get back on the phone and tell me that the Camaro will not be released for sale anytime this year- blah, blah, blah...

Yeah so why was I told it would be released within the next few months? Answer: a simple minor misunderstanding. You mean your associate can't read?

Everyone who works in sales or claims to be able to answer questions should have an in-depth knowledge of all products their company offers for sale, and that includes products and or promotions on their website or other advertisements.

I talked with a guy I met at a gas station who was driving a 2nd gen Camaro. I asked him if he was planning to upgrade to the new Camaro and he said that he still hasn't seen the concept. huh? Guess he works a lot... But for people like that, courtesy should pull the Camaro banner until they get everyone up to speed on 1. what a Camaro is, and 2. approximately when it will go on sale.

Whatever, it's all good.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
The dealers who I've brought up the subject of the new Camaro to all have similar responses, which I fully expected and understood.

They were; "No pricing has been determined yet", "No deposits/orders are being accepted", and they all have a similar time frame for arrival at their dealerships.

I think the person you spoke to was obviously misinformed. I doubt it was intentional. There's just not a whole lot of information right now.

Be patient...the wait will be worth it.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #12
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
Could be worse. Saleswoman at the Dodge dealership insisted that the Magnum SRT-8 was just a Viper with a station wagon body on it.
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #13
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Be patient...the wait will be worth it.
MOST DEFINITELY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
The dealers who I've brought up the subject of the new Camaro to all have similar responses, which I fully expected and understood.

They were; "No pricing has been determined yet", "No deposits/orders are being accepted", and they all have a similar time frame for arrival at their dealerships.

I think the person you spoke to was obviously misinformed. I doubt it was intentional. There's just not a whole lot of information right now.
Not the dealers here. God, this guy went into a whole spew of "information".

Well, we'll be getting them earlier than everyone else, however, we won't be getting that many. Because General Motors is only building a limited number of them per year. So factor in all the Chevrolet Dealers around the country...and we'll probably get 3-5 a year......

I almost ripped his head off! 3-5 a year my ass.

He had no idea on power or exact dates...of course, how could he? When I guarantee you, being around Camaros has taught us a few things, my friends. We know more than they do...99% garanteed. So Sad, So Sad...
Old 07-30-2007, 03:18 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
Everyone who works in sales or claims to be able to answer questions should have an in-depth knowledge of all products their company offers for sale, and that includes products and or promotions on their website or other advertisements.
AMEN!!!

What in the world are they doing on a customer service chat board if they don't know what the hell they are talking about!?!?! and the qualifications for the job are...."do you know how to type on the computer."

Thanks for following up.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote