Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #57
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedSS View Post
Meth 1st and then later did the Super Chiller.. With both on a 70-80f day @ the track my cars IATs will be around 120 between rounds when I crank it. After a few minutes idling they will drop to around 40f and after a good burnout, staging, and 1/4 mile run they have not gone above 80 so far. Meth kept me around 120 and with both I stay around 80f.
That's crazy. I wonder how the iats would be if you pushed the blower to 16 psi?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #58
SmokedSS

Drives: 2011 2SS / RS A6
Good question. My info is @ 12psi and no cam. Will soon see how it works with the added hp from recent cam upgrade.
SmokedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #59
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Good question. My info is @ 12psi and no cam. Will soon see how it works with the added hp from recent cam upgrade.
I think the cam will help with lowering the boost but once you cross the threshold the iats get silly high. Question is what is the magic number.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #60
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Again..... if there's little change in the IAT's using meth with a Maggie, how do you tune for it safely? That's kinda what this thread is about. What meth does with centri's and turbo's isn't really relevant to this thread. Meth is great. Centri's and turbo's are great. No disputing that. But, the question, regarding meth with Maggie, remains....

This is my proof and results. Seeing how this thread started with lack of knowledge suggested that meth can not be safe, i rather not go into details on how it IS tuned properly Here at Lethal, i would not make a statement if i did not have some real world info to back it up. I think thats the only way to stay credible
Quote:
That's my intake in the video and I agree you will not get as much cooling with the Maggie as with a Centri nor will you see the BIG increase in HP numbers but what I did see with it was on a nice HOT south Louisiana day it consistantly kept my IAT's down under 120F by the end of the 1/4 running 12psi boost. With that I didn't start loosing any HP on the big end and I see that as a gain.

Last edited by BLACK10; 08-19-2013 at 09:50 PM.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #61
BLACK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I think the cam will help with lowering the boost but once you cross the threshold the iats get silly high. Question is what is the magic number.
Correct, on the dyno with the cam added the boost dropped, but the gain of the cam far out weighed the loss in boost..... By 100rwhp But, the cam did add in its own heat with now having more fuel being burnt to make that extra rwhp. Excellant info given by SMOKEDSS.

Not sure if anyone has run more than 15-16psi with a chiller yet. Of so, maybe they can chime in.

Last edited by BLACK10; 08-19-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #62
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
This is my proof and results. Seeing how this thread started with lack of knowledge suggested that meth can not be safe, i rather not go into details on how it IS tuned properly Here at Lethal, i would not make a statement if i did not have some real world info to back it up. I think thats the only way to stay credible
I understand what you're saying and not questioning your credibility. I appreciate your taking the time to educate I just have a hard time adding something to my car if I don't understand how it works. On a Maggie, 120 degree IAT's are OK in 95 degree weather. 120 degree IAT's in 45 degree weather would indicate the meth wasn't working and timing should be pulled starting well before the IAT's hit 120. Yes? No?
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #63
BLACK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
I understand what you're saying and not questioning your credibility. I appreciate your taking the time to educate I just have a hard time adding something to my car if I don't understand how it works. On a Maggie, 120 degree IAT's are OK in 95 degree weather. 120 degree IAT's in 45 degree weather would indicate the meth wasn't working and timing should be pulled starting well before the IAT's hit 120. Yes? No?
thats correct. also with 120* temps at anytime, timing is being pulled. this is why SMOKEDSS runs the chiller also