Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
flavortex0t3

Drives: 06 TBSS
DFW Charity Racing Mega Cruise 2012 - June 1-3rd - Texas Hill Country

It's official, the 2012 CRL Mega Cruise will be in the Texas Hill Country. I have planned out a weekends work of activities and driving roads. As always, this will be a family friendly event. We will have our 2 year old with us. With that said, I will be having fun on the curvy roads but will be doing it safely (except for Saturday, when my wife and the kid stay in town ). I am still working with some lodging locations but will have details on that very soon. I have tried to keep the costs to a minimum. I suggest talking to people and rooming together. Fredericksburg is a tourist town and that affects room prices. Here is the schedule:

This will be a fun filled weekend for a great cause. There will be tons of photo ops and lots of great people.

What: A three day awesome cruise through the Texas Hill Country
When: June 1-3rd, 2012
Where: Starts in DFW and goes through the Hill Country around Fredericksburg.
Cost: Travel expenses and a $10 donation to the charity. Plan as you would for a 1000mile 2 night trip. Rooming with someone will help.

Itinerary: (These are all approximate)
Friday:
9:00AM: Start meeting at Ray's Catfish (1704 Military Parkway #600 Mesquite, TX 75149)
10:00AM: Leave Ray's
11:30AM: Stop at Czech Stop in West, TX for lunch and to meetup with those that may just want to meet us there from Ft Worth area)
Noon: Get back on the road.
2:00PM: Start the awesome Lime Creek Road west of Austin.
4:00PM: Get to Fredericksburg and check in to hotels.
At this point we will chill for a while and rest.
~6:00PM: Meet up and head to watch the bat's emerge from the cave. The time depends on the emergence and I won't know that until it gets closer.
7:00PM Walk next door to have some awesome burgers and drinks at Alamo Springs Cafe.
9:00PM Head to bed. It's an early Saturday.

Saturday:
8:00AM: Hit the road for the Three Sisters. The greatest driving roads in Texas. My wife and son will be staying and walking the great downtown Fredericksburg so if anyone wifes/girlfriends/etc want to stay they can join them.
2:00PM: Get back to Fredericksburg. Enjoy the rest of the day in the downtown at the museums (there is an excellent Pacific War museum), stores, etc.
7:00PM: Eat at an awesome German restaurant called Auslander.
8:00PM: Pool Party! We will all chill around the pool.

Sunday:
8:00AM: Wake up and load up.
9:00AM: Head to Enchanted Rock. Here is the official end of the cruise. We will take group car and people photos at the base of the rock. For those, like myself, that want to climb we can. I am also going to be doing the awesome cave exploring. It is a 1000yard cave near the top of the rock. It can be done by anyone over 8 with a hand flashlight. If you don't want to do the adventure stuff then you can head back to DFW. Otherwise you can cruise back with us after we all get done about 2:00PM.

Here are some pictures of things to expect from my recent planning trip there:

flavortex0t3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
flavortex0t3

Drives: 06 TBSS
I am canceling this cruise. There is not enough interest and seems to be falling on a bad weekend for a lot of people. Will try again for later this year and will definitely start planning earlier for next year. Will use this same route and itinerary. Sorry if you were one that had planned on making it.
flavortex0t3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Envious
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Twin Turbo Synergy RS Coupe
Keep me in mind the next time
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
Nicklongino

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
I think this would be very exciting honestly. Cant wait for the next meet details for this, sounds like an adventure!
Nicklongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
BigMikeZL1
Sinister

Drives: 2012 ZL1 /Chevy tahoe 07
yea let me know next time
BigMikeZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote