Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
45th in shop

dropped Carbon off last night at the local bowtie dealer reasons :
there is a very strong coolant smell in the front of the car when driven hard
the rack has a greasy substance all over it
both front tires are cupped kinda bad

so today i had to get a rental car they need to keep it longer ok cool i need to get my d.o.d badge out of the car and get my sunglasses out

so im looking in the front of the car and the hood is up (its perfect clean when i gave it to them ) the whole front of the top of the bumper to engine bay is covered in finger prints and grease so im like this is how you work on the cars just put the dirt and fingerprints right on the car. service guy says ohhh you shoudnt have seen that, im like better be cleaner when i get it back sir

so they found the valve covers leaking and replace the coolant overflow line

the rental place had 1 vehicle left a 2012 F150 4x4 supposed to get a bowtie always

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyBlu10 View Post
dropped Carbon off last night at the local bowtie dealer reasons :
there is a very strong coolant smell in the front of the car when driven hard
the rack has a greasy substance all over it
both front tires are cupped kinda bad

so today i had to get a rental car they need to keep it longer ok cool i need to get my d.o.d badge out of the car and get my sunglasses out

so im looking in the front of the car and the hood is up (its perfect clean when i gave it to them ) the whole front of the top of the bumper to engine bay is covered in finger prints and grease so im like this is how you work on the cars just put the dirt and fingerprints right on the car. service guy says ohhh you shoudnt have seen that, im like better be cleaner when i get it back sir

so they found the valve covers leaking and replace the coolant overflow line

the rental place had 1 vehicle left a 2012 F150 4x4 supposed to get a bowtie always

This is why they wash customer cars prior to delivering vehicles back to them.

What do you want the tech to do, wash his hands before touching your car?

It's a Camaro...it's not a Ferrari. And even if it was, their techs get greasy hands too.

It's a car dealership, not your garage. If you want someone to lay a fender cover over the car, wash their hands, wipe it with a diaper, then try to work on it without getting any dirt, grease, or fingerprints on it, then I would suggest that YOU are the person for the job. Because there's not a dealer on earth, or anyone else for that matter, that is going to go that far. It's dirt..it washes off.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm always ticked off when customers come in with this kind of attitude. "Oh, so you can't work on my engine without fingerprinting my hood?"

That's why I'm no mechanic...because my response would be "Nope..guess I'm not as good as you so here you go...enjoy!"
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
camaroRND2

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS 6sp.
yep im an aircraft mechanic and work on my own car i dont hop in a bunny suit every time i work on the car and never will. i dont feel like i accomplish working on a car unless im filthy when im done and so is the car so wash the car then i get clean andthen enjoy the new mods i just installed. from Geo Metro to a Bugatti Veyron evry mechanic is gonna dirty up the car alittle.
camaroRND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
How many miles do you have on it?
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
SD2011SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS-RS
I feel like all I hear about is problems with these 45th editions... good thing I didn't get one
Old 08-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
How many miles do you have on it?
kg

2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2011SS View Post
I feel like all I hear about is problems with these 45th editions... good thing I didn't get one
The 45th is the same as your car just some.appearance stuff

2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
Old 08-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroRND2 View Post
yep im an aircraft mechanic and work on my own car i dont hop in a bunny suit every time i work on the car and never will. i dont feel like i accomplish working on a car unless im filthy when im done and so is the car so wash the car then i get clean andthen enjoy the new mods i just installed. from Geo Metro to a Bugatti Veyron evry mechanic is gonna dirty up the car alittle.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
This is why they wash customer cars prior to delivering vehicles back to them. What do you want the tech to do, wash his hands before touching your car? It's a Camaro...it's not a Ferrari. And even if it was, their techs get greasy hands too. It's a car dealership, not your garage. If you want someone to lay a fender cover over the car, wash their hands, wipe it with a diaper, then try to work on it without getting any dirt, grease, or fingerprints on it, then I would suggest that YOU are the person for the job. Because there's not a dealer on earth, or anyone else for that matter, that is going to go that far. It's dirt..it washes off. Sorry for the rant, but I'm always ticked off when customers come in with this kind of attitude. "Oh, so you can't work on my engine without fingerprinting my hood?" That's why I'm no mechanic...because my response would be "Nope..guess I'm not as good as you so here you go...enjoy!"
I don't have an attitude it is what it is I don't care about the dirt or grease it was the service guy who said Ohh you aren't suppose to see that yall are a trip on here I was just sharing my experience not complaining

2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
Old 08-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
whitedemon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

It's a Camaro...it's not a Ferrari. And even if it was, their techs get greasy hands too.

It's a car dealership, not your garage. If you want someone to lay a fender cover over the car, wash their hands, wipe it with a diaper, then try to work on it without getting any dirt, grease, or fingerprints on it, then I would suggest that YOU are the person for the job. Because there's not a dealer on earth, or anyone else for that matter, that is going to go that far. It's dirt..it washes off.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm always ticked off when customers come in with this kind of attitude. "Oh, so you can't work on my engine without fingerprinting my hood?"

That's why I'm no mechanic...because my response would be "Nope..guess I'm not as good as you so here you go...enjoy!"
+5. I am a gm mechanic and deal with this all the time. I take real good care of my customers cars but there is a limit. Gm warranty already gives us the shaft on paying us, they especially don't pay us extra to take our sweet time and pamper every car that comes in. When we are finished we wipe the majority of our hand prints off and return the car back. Advice to everyone, don't waste your time washing your car before you drop it off at a mechanic shop...
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, L99, OBX Longtube Headers, Magnaflow 3in Comp Cat Back w/ added Dynomax Bullet Race Mufflers, SCT Tuner w/ JRE Tune, CAI Black Intake w/ JRE Race Scoop, Eibach Pro Springs, Custom Sequential Tailights
whitedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Only problem I have with mine is keeping it under the speed limit. Just hit 10,000 miles today and haven't had any issues whatsover. It's the same engine as you have...not like the 45th is built differently. Just an appearance package.

Man those stripes can cause all kinds of mechanical issues huh?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
What did they blame the cupping of the front tires on?
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
And here is the second one you've heard without any problems. And I too am this --> <-- close to 10k.

Just remember that for every complaint you hear, there are 10 others that are just fine. No reason to post 'Hey I don't have any problems.'

Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #14
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Quote:

I would hope every service company uses fender covers and not lean on and scratch paint with belt buckles and buttons. My dealer uses fender covers as does the local repair shop I use for my other cars. I thought this is common practice.