Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu3ali View Post
Would the X pipe fit with this setup ?

Kooks headers + (removing cats or HI-flo cats ) + Cat-back exhaust ???..
???? Not sure what the question is here.

If you get HF Cats or an off-road connection pipe (no cats) then they should have an 2.5" outlet. Your cat-back will have a 2.5" inlet and include the x-pipe. So it will all connect up with no problem.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #16
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu3ali View Post
i mean would it be better or not much difference ?
What would be better or no difference? Cat vs no Cats?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #17
Bu3ali

Drives: Camaro LS3/RS, Cadillac CTS
No no... I meant x-pipe vs other pipes .. I'm fairly new to all of this so I need to know all the facts to know how get what I have in mind !!

I think I will go with kooks 1 7/8 with x-pipe, no cats, i want borla ATAK cat-back but it's not available anywhere near me atm, A Corsa cat-back is though and maybe a Roto fab CAI

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38228&dateline=134383  0129
Bu3ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #18
Cruzer1

Drives: 2010 Blk Supercharged 2SS/RS
I went with Kooks 1 7/8 headers with HF cats and Kooks 3" exhaust system. Prior to adding the 3" exhaust I was running just the Kooks headers with no cats (along with the stock exhaust). Everyone complained about the smell and I had a problem with the exhaust dust. Now that I have added the hi-flo cats with the exhaust system, all is well. I really like the low exhaust tone and no smell/dust. I thought about the Borla ATAK system but chickened out thinking it would be too loud for me.

Kooks 1 7/8 LT's & full 3" exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI & painted engine covers, TVS 2300 3.4" pulley, MSD BAP, MBRP square exhaust tips and AEM Boost & A/F gauges, Eibach lowering springs, Eibach front & rear sway bars.
Cruzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote