Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #1
BurnSlowly

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT (SIM)
MRT v1 & v2

Need some advice from people who heard these exhaust in person.

Would you say the MRT v1 sounds more exotic? Reminds you of what car?
Would you say the MRT v2 sounds more import? Reminds you of an g37, 370s, etc.?

When I made my friends listen to the sound clips of the MRT v2 they say it sounds more of an import. What do ya'll think?

And yes i know v1 is more aggressive while v2 is deeper.
Which do you prefer for revving? (Auto)

The reason I'm asking is because in my place it is filled with 240sx, g37, civics, mostly JDM. I don't want my friends saying, "sounds jdm/civic"

btw I watched more than enough videos for each MRT version. Just asking for some feedback. Thanks!
BurnSlowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The V1 is louder with a higher pitched tone. Between the two it is the one that sounds most like an import.

The V2 is not quite a loud but you and anyone around will hear it. It has a deeper tone that matches the car much better in my opinion.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #3
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The V1 is louder with a higher pitched tone. Between the two it is the one that sounds most like an import.

The V2 is not quite a loud but you and anyone around will hear it. It has a deeper tone that matches the car much better in my opinion.
Perfect explanation
Old 01-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
A friend of mine has the V2 and my exact words were "it sounds like a grown up 350z" it sounded amazing! But with the V6 it's going to sound importish regardless...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
Quote:

^^^^^

v2 is a lot better!

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
loliveira08

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Btw. It's practically impossible to rev the auto in park or neutral.

The only way to really hear it is to drive it!

But a cold start sounds amazing on the 2.0
Old 01-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
Ultron

Drives: Batwing
The v1 is my favorite. Sure it's louder but I like it that way
Ultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #8
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
I went to a meet before purchasing an axle back. Liked the V2. If you listen to video's skip anything that is reving in park...in my opinion those are worthless. the best you tube video is the one from MRT with the bald guy driving, video taken from passenger seat as he reads the decibal meter back to you. Sorry I dont know his name. I believe they have video's for the V1 and V2 on You tube with this guy.
I agree the V1 sounds more ricey, wheras the V2 sounds more like a V8 at high RPM's.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #9
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
I went to a meet before purchasing an axle back. Liked the V2. If you listen to video's skip anything that is reving in park...in my opinion those are worthless. the best you tube video is the one from MRT with the bald guy driving, video taken from passenger seat as he reads the decibal meter back to you. Sorry I dont know his name. I believe they have video's for the V1 and V2 on You tube with this guy.
I agree the V1 sounds more ricey, wheras the V2 sounds more like a V8 at high RPM's.
Seen his vidz, his name is screamin.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
I have the v2 and for me there's no way I would want the v1, my car has is suttle when I want it to be, but if I get on it you know I'm coming. It fits the car very well
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #11
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
There are other decent sounding systems on the market too. Variety is the spice of life..
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #12
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutLFX View Post
There are other decent sounding systems on the market too. Variety is the spice of life..
yep! imo i think the ARK D-TS is the best exhaust out but they started smoking when they came up with the price
Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
yep! imo i think the ARK D-TS is the best exhaust out but they started smoking when they came up with the price
LOL
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #14
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Perfect explanation

The nice thing about the MRT 2.0 is it will sound stealth mode in the sub division, but once you turn out on to the main road and jump on it, the sound is exotic. Nothing like a import, ricer, tuner, or civic.

I have had a ton of compliments with my set-up and every time I add another piece it just keeps getting better.

Take a listen to some of my sound clips over time here is one of my mini write-ups.

I installed my own MRT 2.0. Then took it to the people who built it and had them weld it on.

I have had many members on this and other Forums say this is one of the best sounding systems they have heard and by far the best sounding MRT 2.0 system.

Take a listen for yourself. Listen to these thru some headphones or ear buds.

Here is a few videos for you:

This one is from inside my Camaro on the way to the dragstrip.

This one is from inside my Camaro while at the dragstrip. Sorry about the Camera tipping.

This one is one that SCRMNG filmed for me while we were at the dragstrip. the last 30 seconds is me on a single pass.

This clip is one that danrc28 put together when visiting me to hear a MRT 2.0 system. He went from Toronto to Florida and back stopping along the way picking up sound bytes. The video starts off with outside rev's, then an on ramp full throttle run, then an acceleration run from inside while talking about drone. Tape finishes with me passing the camera on the highway doing 3rd gear runs. Which has not been recorded by anyone else using the MRT (or at least I am not aware of anyone with this type of recording.) (rcat's)

This last one is the most recent, with all my latest mods installed. My son filmed my best pass at the track to date.

Tags
axle back, lfx, mrt