Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #29
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
I just finished the install myself...The only thing I needed the exhaust shop for was to weld the stuff on and from there I did everything by myself.

It's not too hard to do by yourself guys - just takes patience and the instructions provided in this thread lol

One note...make sure the exhaust shop mounts cutouts in the correct position (so that the wires don't come too close to the exhaust pipes) - because my exhaust shop ended up putting it on a little too close on one side so I had to install the cutouts facing out as opposed to how it looks in the instructions and therefore I wasn't able to install the turndowns that I ordered with the kit...Everything works perfectly though and sounds great!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #30
jnewberr2ssrs

Oh...one more note...instead of running both wires through the driver's side drain plug like it says in the instructions, I decided to run each wire through its own side.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #31
jnewberr2ssrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Wow. Seems like a lot of work
Like QTP said...It's not that hard and way worth it, but....yes, it was a lot of work for me because I took my time and did it the right way so it would turn out sounding right and I would never have to go back and rewire anything.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #32
Giggy

Drives: 2SS/RS blk/blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewberr2ssrs View Post
Like QTP said...It's not that hard and way worth it, but....yes, it was a lot of work for me because I took my time and did it the right way so it would turn out sounding right and I would never have to go back and rewire anything.
Same here. Took my sweet time and it paid off. Only one problem now. My wife will not ride in the car with them closed!! Gotta love it!!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:26 AM   #33
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
I just got my cutouts yesterday with my electronic controller. Not sure if you have the electronic controller, but was curious if you connected the yellow wire at all to anything. I have the m6 ss and was also wondering if you took the center console all the way apart like the instructions did for the automatic. I also wanted to see if the things worked ok before I get them installed so I just connected the power wire to the battery terminal and then a ground to see if i could get it to come on but couldn't. Not sure what i did wrong, didn't seem that difficult. Just power and ground right. I'm supposed to get these put on Monday, so hopefully they can figure it out. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #34
Giggy

Drives: 2SS/RS blk/blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's 2ss View Post
I just got my cutouts yesterday with my electronic controller. Not sure if you have the electronic controller, but was curious if you connected the yellow wire at all to anything. I have the m6 ss and was also wondering if you took the center console all the way apart like the instructions did for the automatic. I also wanted to see if the things worked ok before I get them installed so I just connected the power wire to the battery terminal and then a ground to see if i could get it to come on but couldn't. Not sure what i did wrong, didn't seem that difficult. Just power and ground right. I'm supposed to get these put on Monday, so hopefully they can figure it out. Thanks for the help.
Sorry Chad, I have the toggle switch mounted in the center console. It had 4 wires (power and ground) an the other 2 plugged in the actuators.

I did not remove the gauge cluster or "the gray part" of the center console because I ran the wires through the drain plug under the drivers seat and came up on the side of the cup holder under the carpet. I think if the wires come up at the center console then you will have to remove it but not sure.

Also, when removing the side piece of the center console, start at the front working your way to the back. Then, you have to "wiggle" it out from between the seat and console. Be careful because the clips on the back can scratch the other parts.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #35
jnewberr2ssrs

Quote:
I responded to your questions on my profile so check out what I had to say over there...but also to answer your question...i only had to connect the two wires (red to green/white and black to black) and then just connected the wires to the motors and it works fine...did you connect the circuit to the motors when you tested it with the battery? it should work when everything is connected together because i have the electronic controller and with those two wires connected everything works fine...and finally, yes i took the center console completely apart and i also have the manual transmission
Old 01-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #36
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Thanks guys Hey JNEWBERR I asked you one more thing on your post. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #37
Quick Time
Keep It Loud!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Chad
The yellow wire is only connected to a WOT switch or a Grounded switch. If you do not have them then you don use it. If you have any questions what so ever please call us.
Thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #38
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Thanks I appreciate it. Andy was very helpful. I did all the wiring myself which really was not hard at all and they are actually at the dealer right now being put on. Hope it all goes well.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #39
Quick Time
Keep It Loud!

Good to hear. Let us know how the install turns out.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #40
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Well finally after waiting an eternity it seemed I finaly got the car back and the install turned out awesome. The dealer was very pleased at the way they sounded and amazed on how quite you can return them too. It really sounds "beastie" now. I'm sure that noweeds has an awesome product as well and it really looks great too, but for the money this is the way to go if you just care about a real agressive sound, I mean it freakin is unnnnbelievable.

THANKS QTP.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #41
Quick Time
Keep It Loud!

Quote:
Well finally after waiting an eternity it seemed I finaly got the car back and the install turned out awesome. The dealer was very pleased at the way they sounded and amazed on how quite you can return them too. It really sounds "beastie" now. I'm sure that noweeds has an awesome product as well and it really looks great too, but for the money this is the way to go if you just care about a real agressive sound, I mean it freakin is unnnnbelievable.

THANKS QTP.
Chad
Glad it came out good. Have the dealer contact us so we can add them to a list of installers. Lets see some pics
Old 01-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #42
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

alright I'll do it

Closed Thread