Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #15
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Op how you diggin the sound?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Great update Yellow Glide!!

Most of us are only used to doing one mod at time and sometimes its difficult to notice a difference, but I'm betting if we could drive our stock cars and our modded ones back to back it would be night and day.

You may get close, but I doubt you'll break the 300rwhp mark....but then again I HOPE I am wrong. But I do think you'll see you biggest gains in the midrange for sure.

I can't wait to see your new results!
Old 03-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Sounds awesome man! I wish I could do all those mods at once, lol. I bet you felt a big difference. Almost like a new car with all those mods. I look forward to your future results. Not much left to do to stay naturally aspirated. All that's left that you could down the road is suspension mods, lighter rims, porting heads and intake manifold, cams, and SLP underdrive pulley.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Sixjak: I like the sound: little deeper and louder at idle and definitely louder with mid to full throttle. Inside the car cant tell much difference than when I had the MRT 2.0 on. When I uploaded the tune I set the ghost cam to aggressive. Holy crap!! The car rocking left to right, body panels are rattling and sounds like a bull frog in mating season - I love it.

KM: if I do break 300 it will barely over - something like 300.01. LOL!! done this too many times to be to be overly optimistic in what the next set of numbers are. I'll trade a high peak HP number for a long flat torque any day. I'll use the same dyno again so the factors are as close as possible and consistent.

Lgndryhr: This is the sort of the stopping point for now as I'm waiting to see how the technology progresses: we are on the edge of seeing some very positive breakthroughs in cams and heads. With Trifecta's and Bmore's work combined with cams and heads all coming together we could realistically see another 50+ RWHP to be bolted on. Exciting times for the V6 community. I wonder if the Buick GN guys are smiling.

Being an old school hot rodder, learning some new tricks has been fun. Not sure what the end result will be on the car: cams / heads, SC or Juice? Don't know for know, but I do know I'll be in the middle of it.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote