Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #43
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post

My problem is you created the thread and I find it very sinister why you IPS would want to "help" us all out on the vurtues of each kit when it is slanted you way.
"Sinister" way? Its a chart of factual information. Like I have stated to you and every other supplier, if you disagree with any of it then all you have to do is let me know.

George is in the process of doing that now...
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #44
IPSjeff

Please keep any further comment to a PM or phone call as I don't want to "Muck up" this thread any further.

My apologies for bringing up the shipping discrepancies in here -- I should have posted that in the "Other" thread.

Thanks!
Jeff

Last edited by IPSjeff; 07-30-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #45
midgard

Drives: red jewel camaro
What really needs to be done is to show the 1/4 pass times vs. RWHP for all the turbos....this might open up some eyes. Gather as much data as possible for each type of turbo....in the long run, I think we will have a more important statistic.

To really just show maximum rwhp and rwtq can be extremely misleading.

9.81@142.02
Livernois 2nd Place Car Camaro5 Fest
Original Build 13 psi/nittos.....10.44@134
3.6KB/3.5 pulley/Stock t/b..Best 9.967@142.01

SSJ3...is done....mid 9s?Rossler 6l80E Transmission
KB 3.6LC,17" Bogarts, Thanks to Hendrix 9", Thanks to Pfadt
original T/b and converter, 419ci stroker (NO LSX Block)
midgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #46
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
George is in the process of doing that now...
Jeff
Whatever you say
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #47
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
What really needs to be done is to show the 1/4 pass times vs. RWHP for all the turbos....this might open up some eyes. Gather as much data as possible for each type of turbo....in the long run, I think we will have a more important statistic.

I agree - my point is each manufacture should focus on thier own kit. Not hyper focus on GMS

There is no banter between Granatelli and Hellion They talk up their kit and we talk up ours - period. I am sure if you call them direct they will slant it there way (rightfully so) and we should all do the same
Old 07-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #48
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Lastly - since 95% of the peeps here are focusing and hoping for 650 to 700 - there are many ways to get there
Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #49
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Quote:

I agree with midgard...gentlemen, perhaps we are losing site of the task....which to me is the best all around kit for the street, considering power, durability, eng longevity, ease of operation, installation and tuning, and all the factors that make a great kit. No doubt i think all the kits , twins and singles have pros and cons. Since i dont intend to be a drag racer 1/4 traps are cool but not the last word for me...but nonetheless for argument sake, with slicks will the demonstrate the total capability of the packages offered.
Jeff : I would agree that granatelli doesn't base his bus on another company solely...so perhaps u erred in judgement on that...just a shot in he dark, it doesnt take away from u or make u a bad guy...

granatelli: in defense of jeff..i don't think he is stalking you, that's a lil accusatory...perhaps he is eager to show his products and do business, and might come off a lil brash or over zealous.....I think we should stop this squabble, and move along with making great set-ups and power...I for one have am waiting fo more videos, dyno numbers , facts, pics etc...and again I thank u gentleman for your r & d in the car I love
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #50
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
I agree - my point is each manufacture should focus on thier own kit. Not hyper focus on GMS

There is no banter between Granatelli and Hellion They talk up their kit and we talk up ours - period. I am sure if you call them direct they will slant it there way (rightfully so) and we should all do the same
Agreed
Old 07-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #51
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
The thing is, inflating your results might get you a sale or two, but when those customers are unhappy because they could not reach what the inflated results said, then the word gets out and many, many future sales could be lost. Giving honest factual information leads to happy customers, which leads to referrals, which leads to many, many more sales. Sales 101.

I personally am loyal to those who are honest with me and I send them referrals. Those who are not, lose a lot more than just my business.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #52
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
The thing is, inflating your results might get you a sale or two, but when those customers are unhappy because they could not reach what the inflated results said, then the word gets out and many, many future sales could be lost. Giving honest factual information leads to happy customers, which leads to referrals, which leads to many, many more sales. Sales 101.

I personally am loyal to those who are honest with me and I send them referrals. Those who are not, lose a lot more than just my business.
Preach'n to the chior
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #53
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
I agree with midgard...gentlemen, perhaps we are losing site of the task....which to me is the best all around kit for the street, considering power, durability, eng longevity, ease of operation, installation and tuning, and all the factors that make a great kit. No doubt i think all the kits , twins and singles have pros and cons. Since i dont intend to be a drag racer 1/4 traps are cool but not the last word for me...but nonetheless for argument sake, with slicks will the demonstrate the total capability of the packages offered.
Jeff : I would agree that granatelli doesn't base his bus on another company solely...so perhaps u erred in judgement on that...just a shot in he dark, it doesnt take away from u or make u a bad guy...

granatelli: in defense of jeff..i don't think he is stalking you, that's a lil accusatory...perhaps he is eager to show his products and do business, and might come off a lil brash or over zealous.....I think we should stop this squabble, and move along with making great set-ups and power...I for one have am waiting fo more videos, dyno numbers , facts, pics etc...and again I thank u gentleman for your r & d in the car I love
No cons to the twins. Jeff and I agree on that as well. The big singles are more drag race oriented because they will have less bottom end than good twins. Thta means they will have a shorter power band and be a bit more "peakey"

Stalking to me is following me on the website, then calling me at work repeatedly, then PMing over and over, then calling my partner, then misconstruing his words in your favor, and lastly making false accusations about me. - I am over it
Old 07-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #54
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
No cons to the twins. Jeff and I agree on that as well. The big singles are more drag race oriented because they will have less bottom end than good twins. Thta means they will have a shorter power band and be a bit more "peakey"

Stalking to me is following me on the website, then calling me at work repeatedly, then PMing over and over, then calling my partner, then misconstruing his words in your favor, and lastly making false accusations about me. - I am over it
well there is a con...the con is cost related (my statement there was in a very broad interpretation)....in performance we all agree, that 2 is better then 1 especially do to spooling times and low end end torque...hmm I dunno if that what happened in regards to Jeff...but if...again "if" that happened I say u have a valid point. Either well "G"...I hope I can say G without offending u....I have a deep respect for u and your product....and any1 that asks me will get nothing less
Old 08-01-2010, 02:27 AM   #55
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
well there is a con...the con is cost related (my statement there was in a very broad interpretation)....in performance we all agree, that 2 is better then 1 especially do to spooling times and low end end torque...hmm I dunno if that what happened in regards to Jeff...but if...again "if" that happened I say u have a valid point. Either well "G"...I hope I can say G without offending u....I have a deep respect for u and your product....and any1 that asks me will get nothing less
Old 08-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #56
IPSjeff

Quote:
I agree. Trap speeds don't lie ET's are a little tricky since every driver's abilities will differ but that is obviously a given.

That being said, we hope to have the prototype car out in the next week or two (Owner driving) and see how she does
Jeff