Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
shines

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
JRE Posi Mod Instructions

Hey guys, I have my differential out and was going to redo the JRE posi mod install. They sent instructions that were all jacked up when printed and apparently there's a critical step (step 3) not showing. It has something to do with modifying the spiders to remove casting extrusions.

Anyone have a readable set of the instructions handy?

Yes, I have sent JRE an e-mail requesting them too, but they are closed right now.
shines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
Turbobitt

Drives: 2010 2SS
I've done this modification myself and is very straight forward. If you have it apart, it will be obvious. Just remove the nubs on the face of the side gears and spider gears. Instructions say to use a belt sander but I used a small hand held angle grinder and roloc wheel to remove the nubs and polished the surface with the same grinder and scotch pad wheel.

Allan G.
Turbobitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
shines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobitt View Post
I've done this modification myself and is very straight forward. If you have it apart, it will be obvious. Just remove the nubs on the face of the side gears and spider gears. Instructions say to use a belt sander but I used a small hand held angle grinder and roloc wheel to remove the nubs and polished the surface with the same grinder and scotch pad wheel.

Allan G.
Thanks Allan, that's what I needed!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shines View Post
Hey guys, I have my differential out and was going to redo the JRE posi mod install. They sent instructions that were all jacked up when printed and apparently there's a critical step (step 3) not showing. It has something to do with modifying the spiders to remove casting extrusions.

Anyone have a readable set of the instructions handy?

Yes, I have sent JRE an e-mail requesting them too, but they are closed right now.
The instruction have been the same since the inception of the Posi mod this was one of the very first things we did in the very first kit we did.

So Needless to say we were baffled by this and researched it carefully.

Our investigation in to this Today revealed that if the instructions are Copied and pasted into, and Printed Directly from an E-mail the formatting does not carry over and a picture partially covers the wording.

IF A STEP IS MISSING FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS DON'T JUST SKIP IT CALL US, This would avoid any Problems.

The instructions Must be opened from a Word Format then printed or they will not print correctly.

We are always available for tech help during business hours.

Here is the Word document that is included in the Kit.

http://www.jannettyracing.com/JREPosiMod.doc

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 09-08-2011 at 02:25 PM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
shines

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The instruction have been the same since the inception of the Posi mod this was one of the very first things we did in the very first kit we did.

So Needless to say we were baffled by this and researched it carefully.

Our investigation in to this Today revealed that if the instructions are Copied and pasted into, and Printed Directly from an E-mail the formatting does not carry over and a picture partially covers the wording.

IF A STEP IS MISSING FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS DON'T JUST SKIP IT CALL US, This would avoid any Problems.

The instructions Must be opened from a Word Format then printed or they will not print correctly.

We are always available for tech help during business hours.

Here is the Word document that is included in the Kit.

Thanks Ted, I appreciate you sending a new S spring to me.

Steve
Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
OK, this explaines what happenned in my case. So Ted, do I need to go back into my rear diff? Will the spring fail at some point?
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE-B-TUNA View Post
OK, this explaines what happenned in my case. So Ted, do I need to go back into my rear diff? Will the spring fail at some point?
You Should disassemble and remove the bumps, the spring may already be damaged.

Call my sales team I will send you another spring.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Can someone send me instructions want to see if i can manage the mod before i buy
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
Can someone send me instructions want to see if i can manage the mod before i buy

did this link not work for you?
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Yes!
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
Keep in mind without a case spreader you'll never even get the posi out of the rear. Ask me how I know this... lol.
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post

did this link not work for you?

http://jreperformanceparts.com/techn..._store=default

We added a new Technical section to our web site, check it out.

Ted.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
SilverSS3108

Drives: 2010 silver SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke View Post
Keep in mind without a case spreader you'll never even get the posi out of the rear. Ask me how I know this... lol.
How do you know this?