Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #43
JaniMaks
~ Confused ~

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Dj I am in IT too and I know exactly what you are going through, some clients do matter more and companies will go to lengths to keep them happy. This job that you have don't risk it, if it's a few hundred dollars (hopefully <$500) just suck it up and fix it yourself, as you said you make a decent living so chalk it up to as an unexpected expense. If you file a claim they will go after the client and one way or the other this will come back on you.

May your car be fine again and may you see a corvette in your future (courtesy of your current company)

CAI Cold Air Intake, MRT V2 (03/01/2016), VTC (03/01/2016)
JaniMaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #44
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
LMFAO
Ocmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:34 PM   #45
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Sounds like you work for a really swell company.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:43 AM   #46
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Text Justin Graves at High Definition Detail. He can probably get it out, and his prices are good. 901-691-0859
Old 11-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #47
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaniMaks View Post
Dj I am in IT too and I know exactly what you are going through, some clients do matter more and companies will go to lengths to keep them happy.
I think most people get this. But accepting the idea that the client is more important than the employee still does not excuse treating the employee this way.

If DJ ends up having to "take one for the team", I sure hope that his company remembers him financially come next salary increase time.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #48
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Update:

I took it to a body shop and they hand buffed the white paint off for free. Looked a lot better, but there were still some scratches, and also 3 dents (2 on passenger side, 1 on driver side). They referred me to a dent repair shop who said he'd fix not only those 3 dents, but ANY other dents he finds on the vehicle for $200.00 out the door (his shop is highly reputable and has great reviews). For the scratches, he has a detail shop next door that will fix all the scratches, buff the entire car to get any swirl marks out, etc for $150. So I'll end up spending $350 on basically a detail job and the whole car will look better, not just those spots from the gate. I think either way, I came out on the good end because those prices seem very reasonable, and I've got several swirl marks and other dents from door dings that I've been meaning to fix anyway.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #49
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
Update:

I took it to a body shop and they hand buffed the white paint off for free. Looked a lot better, but there were still some scratches, and also 3 dents (2 on passenger side, 1 on driver side). They referred me to a dent repair shop who said he'd fix not only those 3 dents, but ANY other dents he finds on the vehicle for $200.00 out the door (his shop is highly reputable and has great reviews). For the scratches, he has a detail shop next door that will fix all the scratches, buff the entire car to get any swirl marks out, etc for $150. So I'll end up spending $350 on basically a detail job and the whole car will look better, not just those spots from the gate. I think either way, I came out on the good end because those prices seem very reasonable, and I've got several swirl marks and other dents from door dings that I've been meaning to fix anyway.
Good for you! Car back to normal for not much Jack. Good job still in tact. No legal fees! Now, just be more careful at those pesky gates!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #50
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
I work for a computer company who outsources network engineers such as myself to client sites for IT work. The client I work for happens to be our biggest and most profitable client for my company, which is why my company doesn't want me bitching at the manager of the property because he is friends with the executives of the client I work at. They feel that if I make a big deal out of it, he may get pissed off and start putting bugs in our client's ear that we don't want.
Then he should bust out his corporate Amex and pay for the fix on your companies dime. If I said some crap like that to an employee I would be in calls with HR until I confessed to killing Jimmie Hoffa.

Go to the trailer park and find a redneck with a big 4x4, preferably diesel. I would do it, but the drive is too far. Negotiate the fee as half down and half when the job is done and have him yank the gate out of the ground and drag it down the street. I would certainly feel better about this then.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 11-13-2014 at 10:11 AM.
CamaroCracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #51
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Then he should bust out his corporate Amex and pay for the fix on your companies dime. If I said some crap like that to an employee I would be in calls with HR until I confessed to killing Jimmie Hoffa.

Go to the trailer park and find a redneck with a big 4x4, preferably diesel. I would do it, but the drive is too far. Negotiate the fee as half down and half when the job is done and have him yank the gate out of the ground and drag it down the street. I would certainly feel better about this then.
LOL

I think this might put it job in a bit more jeopardy, but good idea
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #52
summiting

Drives: 2012 Summit White LFX
A couple of people have already kinda mentioned this but...

Since your boss told you to file a claim through your own insurance, it might be worth mentioning to him that your insurance will most likely go after the property owners. I know you want to be careful with your employment status, but it might be worth a shot to get his "opinion" on this and see if he has a change of heart (or opens his eyes to see how rediculous he's being).

Just a thought...good luck man!
summiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #53
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Next time it does it are you going to pay for the fix again? what happens if it happens every month?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #54
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
The what-if game . . . . what if your car had been a convertible ????? Maybe with the top down . . .

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #55
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I think you guys are missing the point of what he's saying. he isn't denying that he could force them to pay, that a lawyer would take care of it. what he's saying is that if he went that route he would win the battle, but loose the war as he would most likely be fired for loosing his companies largest and most profitable account. that's just life guys, sometimes you don't win, you don't pass go, you don't collect $200, and sometimes you have to take it in the shorts.

the OP is driving a 35k+ car. he obviously has a very good paying job that he doesn't want to loose. it's not like this happened while he was working at McDonald's or K-mart. sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. welcome to the real world
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #56
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Time to change jobs bro! You need a complete change of scenery. You need to follow through and don't let anyone walk on you like this.
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote