Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #155
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
HOE HOE HOE!
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #156
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
I smell a merge being processed..
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #157
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
Threads need to merge.... But I do want to say that I'm proud of the community for making sure this dealership's behavior wasn't swept under the rug!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #158
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I just saw that this report made the Yahoo news!

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #159
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Internet Story: Dealship takes Owners Camaro for joy ride while in for repairs!

Here is a copy of the story as it appears on Yahoo news:

When you own a sports car, you inevitably get a little paranoid about how it's treated when in the care of strangers. One South Carolina man was worried enough that when he took his 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS in for service at a Chevy dealer, he hid a voice recorder in the car. He was right to be worried: The recorder caught mechanics doing burnouts and discussing how to make the owner pay for a ruined clutch the car didn't have before coming in. Now the Internet Justice League has taken the wheel.William Clark says he took his Camaro to Best Chevrolet-Kia in Easley, S.C. for a clunking noise in the car's six-speed manual transmission. After a previous visit to a different dealer, his Camaro had died shortly after Clark retrieved it; while he suspected the staff at that dealership of joyriding, he had no proof at the time.
This time, the voice recorder hidden in the door pocket catches employees doing several burnouts and hard launches in the Camaro; Smith later says the techs drove it harder in 20 minutes than he had in three years. Once back in the shop, the mechanics realize the Camaro's clutch has been fried, and come up with a plan to blame the damage on Smith, saying to "write it up as him buying a (expletive) clutch," while saying another part failed under warranty so that General Motors would pay for its replacement.
Smith says he's taken his evidence to the dealer and Chevrolet customer service; the dealer offered to reassess the damage or take the Camaro as a trade-in on another car, but refused Smith's demand to buy the car back. Smith says Chevrolet customer service washed it hands of the problem, saying it was an issue between him and the dealer. As of the last update, the car's smoked clutch remains untouched.
Unfortunately for Smith, there's few other steps he can take that don't end in court. Dealers are regulated by states; Clark can file a complaint with South Carolina officials, but even with an audio recording the assessment of damage isn't so clear-cut as if the mechanics had wrecked it on a test drive. Instead, other Camaro owners have taken up the cause, posting Smith's video to the dealership's Facebook page and otherwise making noise about the problem.
You can hear the entire exchange, including the profanity, here. A lawyer for Best Chevrolet, in a request to Yahoo Autos to take down this story, told us in an email that the audio was "misleadingly edited." Clark has said the dealership has threatened to sue him over the audio, but has also spoken with him about buying the Camaro back. The dealership may soon learn that in the Internet era, one burnt clutch can create quite the stink.

UPDATE: General Motors says in a statement that if the recording is valid it does not condone the behavior described, and that it is "actively working closely with the dealer to resolve this situation to the customer's satisfaction."
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #160
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Just saw it on Yahoo news as well. The even posted the recording link.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #161
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
I read the couple of threads about the story here on this forum but read the Yahoo news again. Really sad to hear things like this really happen to customers.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #162
JB_21

Drives: 2012
Just read the story on yahoo right now
heres the Link:

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html
JB_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #163
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Jesus god there are like 10 of these threads now.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #164
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Jesus god there are like 10 of these threads now.
Yolo
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #165
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Its not truly viral till its on Fox....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #166
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Wow, crazy story guys...
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #167
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Onstar should have a feature to bring your car down to 50% performance whenever you turn it over to dealers or valet it. Just push the blue button
My last car I had a G35 coupe... When I got it tuned there were up to 5 maps i had them put in... I was able to select which one I wanted on the fly by selecting via up/down on my steering wheel cruise buttons

I had:

stock
performance
economy
valet (car wouldnt go over 3K rpm or 25mph)
theft (car wouldnt start)

I absolutely loved it.. I would love to see something similar like you said on these cars
Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #168
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Its not truly viral till its on Fox....
Until then
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad dealer, best chevrolet, cc's whore thread, crooked technicians, dealer, dealer abuse, dey see me trollin, easley sc, fraud, issue solved? troll time!, josh, josh looper, shut up and troll, thrashed, torn up camaro, trollin with my homies, voice recorder, white camaro abused, yahoo article, zombie thread