Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
I doubt it, go with a parent and be serious about it and they'll do it, go with a friend and it's not gonna happen.
No way will you be able to do it alone. Salesman will be there at the very least.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
thepirate

Drives: 2013 2SS
If you show up in your v6 and tell them that you're thinking of upgrading to the v8 there shouldn't be anyway they don't let you test drive it.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
You need to ask yourself a different question. If you already had an SS would you let an 18 year old that you didnt know test drive your 425 HP sports car unsuppervised?

You already have a Camaro so you know how it will drive and how much visability you have. The only reason to take out an SS is to see how much more power it has than your V6. You already know what you are going to do to it, and so does the sales people. I have a feeling that this is one of those questions that you realy didnt need to ask.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
thepirate

Drives: 2013 2SS
Do you actually own the v6? You stated that you "drive a v6"

If you bought one, then i believe the dealership would be stupid to not let a returning customer test drive a vehicle that they potentially might upgrade to.

If it's your parents, good luck.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #19
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
im 29 but he rode in the back during my test drive, gf was up front with me. Just act like the responsible adult you are and they should understand. I drive like just as much of a tool today as I did when i was 18 so age has nothing to do with it .

He even requested I go easier on the car during my test drive to which I responded, Hell no im not buying a minivan Im buying a sports car and I gotta know what she can do
like a boss lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #20
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Life is short, you're young, just buy it. Mine was the first 5th gen Camaro I sat in or drove - after I waited 2 months for it to be built.

No regrets!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #21
frostbit3

Drives: 2011 1LT
I was 21 when I test drove an SS, it was a 1SS manual. I had my GF with me and drove my 1LT to the dealership. They honestly wanted nothing to do with me and just gave me the keys and said have fun. I came back and he said put the keys on his desk and that was it. They didn't pressure me into anything and honestly just felt like they were waiting for me to leave. I liked the SS but the extra power wasn't something that I wanted to spend that much money on right now considering what I owe on my 1LT. Once I get my current car where I want then I'm going to revisit the SS trade up, but I'm perfectly happy with what I have right now. Been thinking about keeping it and just TC/SC it, but that's a ways away.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #22
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I don't see why they wouldn't let you test drive it if your serious about it, and if they say no go to another dealer that will be happy to have your business.

On a different note, I want to test drive a V6 lol. I have the SS and this was the first Camaro I drove, I only previously sat in other models. A lot of the times when I am driving I am thinking to myself, should this car be more powerful or rumble more or sound better when I get on it, because I have nothing to compare it to. But I know if I go to a dealer and ask them to let me test a V6 they wont even give me the time of day because I wont be a serious buyer.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #23
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
When I was shopping for my car the salesman let me test drive it without him being in the car.He just tossed me the key and my wife went with me....we bought the car.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #24
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Don't waste your time at dealers who won't let you test drive a car.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
I wasn't even planning on buying my current Camaro, I just stopped by the dealer to look at it and a salesman came out with the keys and asked if I wanted to take it for a spin. I was 19 at the time, just took a copy of my drivers license and let me go. Kind of depends where you go, the dealer I went to is great.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #26
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Dealer let me take the car home for an overnight test drive. But it was used, a V6, and I had a 760 credit score (age 34). I've test driven multiple used V8's since then without hassle accompanied by a salesmen but all the cars where used. I find dealers are MUCH more lenient with used cars than new.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #27
Rockey33

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro SS
Don't let car dealers intimidate you. If there is a problem just leave and go somewhere else. I have dealt with many dealerships. Some bad and some good. The dealership I work with now is terrific. How they treat is more important then then the price of the car. Do not be in a hurry.
Rockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #28
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
When I was trading to a Camaro my salesman made the mistake of letting me test drive a V8!! I ended up with a V6 instead. So for the next 7 months I had the V8 itch!! Time came when I found my current baby on the used car side with 32 miles on her!!

<---------------info