Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #12601

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
Happy B day Aaron.

I got the credit card out and ready to buy at least a throttle body, separate clutch resivoir and the RX catch can. Decided to go gloss black on most parts, with ARP or simular bolts and other polished or stainless clamps and parts. Jennetty racing has them in stock, but does not do painting anymore. I am going to be having some paint work done, so I can get it painted then. Anybody recommend another place like JDP instead for all that? looks like they have good prices, but do not know about the availibility of the Throttle body.
Chuck, try going straight to RX...I think they make them all up for everybody else...(catch-cans and throttle body)

Just pm SC2150
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #12602
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Happy B day Aaron.

I got the credit card out and ready to buy at least a throttle body, separate clutch resivoir and the RX catch can. Decided to go gloss black on most parts, with ARP or simular bolts and other polished or stainless clamps and parts. Jennetty racing has them in stock, but does not do painting anymore. I am going to be having some paint work done, so I can get it painted then. Anybody recommend another place like JDP instead for all that? looks like they have good prices, but do not know about the availibility of the Throttle body.
Nice! That's going to be badass man. Great choice of mods. The wait time for the throttle body seems to be the same regardless of the vendor. The demad is so great that the stock of cores ran low, so that backed things up a bit. However, you can't go wrong with southwest speed, apex, RX, or JDP I'm sure. I'm waiting for my throttle body to come in and it's only been two weeks but I was supposed to see it shipped last week. I'm not expecting it any time soon, lol. Most people wait roughly a month or longer it seems.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #12603
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Chuck, try going straight to RX...I think they make them all up for everybody else...(catch-cans and throttle body)

Just pm SC2150
I did not think about that. I will check it out.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #12604
TCAT

Quote:

Just pm SC2150
I thought the exact same thing, but Tracy from RX cleared that up. Evidently VMAX is who actually ports the throttle bodies. RX is simply a vendor just as southwest speed, apex, and JDP of the throttle body. RX just offered them first and people I think have mistaken the VMAX throttle body was made by RX.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #12605
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I may, but my friends brother is planning his bachelor party for that weekend, as my sisters bday is coming up around that time too. So, chances are slim etween those two things. If things change though, in all over it!! I would love to finally meet everyone that I haven't had a chance to yet.

Yeah, sometimes it's nice when things are mellow and quiet. You'll enjoy it for sure, and there is always time to throw another party if you still want to in the future. Thanks a ton for the compliments on the car . It's been going great so far, but something's have taken a longggggg time. I still dot have my new bumper :(, but they had some complications that need to be sorted out before the bumper could be ready for pickup. I purchased a VMAX CNC ported throttle body, and Granatelli high temp spark plug wires, as well as getting the rear fascia blackout done in gloss black this weekend at MNP. One thing I FINALLY got done last weekend was installing my colorshift LED's in my engine cover. I had the engine cover painted and vented to match my hood to provide a full them around not only the black ad white combos, but also around the vented hood. I just posted pictures in my build thread this week with it. When you check it out, let me know what you think. The longest part of it was the 24 hour dry time for the silicone. Lol

I sure as hell hope we all meet up soon because this is bananas. I'm consider you all my friends and haven't even met some of you, LOL. We definitely need to plan something regardless. If Norwalk is close for anyone, I'm down to meet up on Sunday after MNP installs my blackout kit. PM me and I'll give you my cell number.
In Downey but doing the Bday cruise
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #12606
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I did not think about that. I will check it out.
Chuck, Just go to RX. Tracy will do any color on the can and t/b,or polished, though I painted mine and saved the $50. Besides there his products, everyone else just sells his.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #12607

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I thought the exact same thing, but Tracy from RX cleared that up. Evidently VMAX is who actually ports the throttle bodies. RX is simply a vendor just as southwest speed, apex, and JDP of the throttle body. RX just offered them first and people I think have mistaken the VMAX throttle body was made by RX.
Makes sense, but RX makes the catch-can...and everybody else is a vendor for that....???
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #12608
TCAT

Quote:
Makes sense, but RX makes the catch-can...and everybody else is a vendor for that....???
That's correct. Tracy from RX products is the creator of the RC catch can. However, VMAX actually created the ported throttle bodies idea and they are ported by VMAX. Tracy is just a vendor of the VMAX TB. Other vendors that sell is like southwest speed and Apex also offer the TB's painted your color of choice.

Since cterry is buying a RX catch can, he minds well order the VMAX ported throttle body from Tracy as well. That's like killing two birds with one stone.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #12609
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
That's correct. Tracy from RX products is the creator of the RC catch can. However, VMAX actually created the ported throttle bodies idea and they are ported by VMAX. Tracy is just a vendor of the VMAX TB. Other vendors that sell is like southwest speed and Apex also offer the TB's painted your color of choice.

Since cterry is buying a RX catch can, he minds well order the VMAX ported throttle body from Tracy as well. That's like killing two birds with one stone.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #12610
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Quote:

was off line for a bit, but looks like I will check out RX and talk to Tracy. I would rather buy what I can from one place. JDP has other things I want to buy, so will get what I can from them too.
Time to get busy with some mods, been awhile. time to repaint front clip, quarter panel and at least one fender soon, along with some engine parts.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #12611
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Happy B day Aaron.

Thanks Chuck!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #12612
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Tommy, it's hard to think of anything else you would have left to do. Your engine cover is Oh My Goodness NICE! That Rideskinz is gonna take it to a new level. Damn bro! I can't wait to check it out.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #12613
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Happy birthday old fart lol. This thread needs to be called the senior bs thread lol

And Chuck I've never had a problem with jdp. As for the throttle body i doubt anybody has it in stock. Maybe sc2150 if anybody

Sent from my damn phone
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #12614
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Feel dirty sitting at the ford service center...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote