Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #127
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RsCamaro View Post
How do you know that you were order 76? I missed a bunch of info on here. Where do i install ezflash, to prepare myself for this tune when the cable arrives?
Well, I ordered from Badnews and Jerry gave me an order info which had my number on it. I got the other info on downloading the EZ-Flash software on this thread. Which I did to make things easy when I got the cable and tune. The instructions on the tune software is on Trifecta's site and there was info on the site that instructed which drivers to download according to your cable which Jerry just said on a previous post that we were getting the red cable.

Now I have the EZ- Flash on my computer and in a file I created on my desktop named Trifecta and I also have the file for the drivers within this same file to keep it all together. I'll add my tunes there as well. Now I'm not sure if I'm even doing this all correct and someone who has done this chime in if you will but I'm thinking once I get the cable, I'll connect to the computer and the car under the dash and double click on the EZ-Flash and it'll work, I don't know. I'm sure I'll have to select the tune to install but again, I'm new at this and have no idea. I'm just reading and trying to execute what I'm reading and hope that I'm right.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #128
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Well, I ordered from Badnews and Jerry gave me an order info which had my number on it. I got the other info on downloading the EZ-Flash software on this thread. Which I did to make things easy when I got the cable and tune. The instructions on the tune software is on Trifecta's site and there was info on the site that instructed which drivers to download according to your cable which Jerry just said on a previous post that we were getting the red cable.

Now I have the EZ- Flash on my computer and in a file I created on my desktop named Trifecta and I also have the file for the drivers within this same file to keep it all together. I'll add my tunes there as well. Now I'm not sure if I'm even doing this all correct and someone who has done this chime in if you will but I'm thinking once I get the cable, I'll connect to the computer and the car under the dash and double click on the EZ-Flash and it'll work, I don't know. I'm sure I'll have to select the tune to install but again, I'm new at this and have no idea. I'm just reading and trying to execute what I'm reading and hope that I'm right.
Thanks. Yeah im order number 90...but can't seem to find the link for the ezflash to dl. Link please?
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #129
chozn4service

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah im order number 90...but can't seem to find the link for the ezflash to dl. Link please?

http://www.trifectaperformance.com/ezflash.aspx
Old 12-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #130
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Quote:
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #131
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Quote:

You are correct. You would click the engine, pick your tune file, and follow the directions on the screen. Email me if you have any specific questions when you go to do it. I check email 24/7
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #132
gman1970
gmans 10

Drives: 2010 victory red ls
Quote:
still waiting for my # and tune
Old 12-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #133
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1970 View Post
ghost cam is basically the sound of having a real cam but without actually having one for real.you can have it mild to aggressive but have heard some don't like the aggressive and it causes cel to come on supposebly..i'm having mine a notch below aggressive and see how it sounds
Actually I believe it allows you to hear your cams as they would sound if the computer did not phase them for idle.

I had a 327 turning about 350 hp in a 68 camaro back in the 70s. You could hear the thump from lift and duration. Had it been in a computer tuned car it would have been smooth as silk.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #134
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
You are correct. You would click the engine, pick your tune file, and follow the directions on the screen. Email me if you have any specific questions when you go to do it. I check email 24/7

Well, I can only assume that I've done things right as best I can for the moment. File on my desktop with the ez-flash and the drivers for the "RED" cable.
I hope there are explicit directions and as far as the data logging goes, what all does this involve? Right now, we're into some rain mix bag of weather and I don't drive mine in this mess when its doing its thing. I guess if the data logging is driving, how much is needed and how long? I'll try to get it out for some sporting driving as soon as I can and as weather permits but what happens after that, send something off to Trifecta and wait for another file to be sent and is this by email and will the initial tune come via email?
Just trying to find out the particulars as I have no idea...
Old 12-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #135
SpeedFreak5
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
How do you know that you were order 76? I missed a bunch of info on here. Where do i install ezflash, to prepare myself for this tune when the cable arrives?
My BNR Order # is 139. I got this number from the Detailed Invoice that Jerry from BNR emailed me. It looks like there are a bunch of orders coming in. Probably why they are behind.

I'm guess that the email containing the tune or the box containing the cable will have detailed instructions on how to install and get logs.

2LT/RS A6, Rally Yellow, CGM Stripes, Sun Roof, Injen CAI, Aero Turbine Exhaust, Trifecta Tune
SpeedFreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #136
chozn4service

Got my USPS tracking number and I got my tune and downloaded it into my desktop file for the Trifecta. Cable coming soon, maybe by weeks end and I can get this party started. Thanks Jerry and anyone who has installed this, can you relay the procedure on how its done, exactly. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #137
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
ok jerry, whats my status. i know your busy , but during your beer break,,pm me..) thanks ryd..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #138
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Here is a video that one of your fellow forum members made. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here.

BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #139
gman1970
gmans 10

Drives: 2010 victory red ls
this should help everybody

Last edited by gman1970; 12-10-2011 at 07:56 PM.
gman1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #140
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
My cable has been shipped via USPS. So exited, even tho I can run it yet till I get a fresh dyno run next week.