Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
the replacement

ok guy's I know this isn't about the Camaro but you've all seen the earlier post and I am considering this as new addition since i'm (through no fault of my own) missing something. not sure I want to jump back into racing due to cost, but opinions welcome. and yes it was featured in the magazine
Old 02-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
wayne watson

the replacement

how is this for replacement? you all saw my last thread and know what's missing. not too sure I want to start racing again but ain't it cool. and yes it was in the magazine as the pic shows, that's how it was sent to me.
any thoughts?

Last edited by wayne watson; 04-27-2014 at 11:31 AM.
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #3
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
how is this for replacement? you all saw my last thread and know what's missing. not too sure I want to start racing again but ain't it cool. and yes it was in the magazine as the pic shows, that's how it was sent to me.
any thoughts?
im guessing you wrecked your 2014? This should be perfect for replacing your muscle! The car should be inspected first for any rust and wear before you buy it though. Check wiring, underbody, and see if he has any photos of the restoration. If he does you're set! ...wish my car did wheelies...
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
im guessing you wrecked your 2014? This should be perfect for replacing your muscle! The car should be inspected first for any rust and wear before you buy it though. Check wiring, underbody, and see if he has any photos of the restoration. If he does you're set! ...wish my car did wheelies...
Worse yet... Wayne's beautiful '67 SS got wrecked! For many many years, a '67 Chevelle SS has been my dream car. I've loved Camaros since '67 also, but I always figured I'd find a way to get one (which I have), but a stock pristine '67 Chevelle SS (although I could afford to get one) would not be a prudent purchase for an old retire fart.
Attached Images

2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
777 right on the windshield. Must be LUCKY! I think it's beautiful! Go with your gut on this one Wayne!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Worse yet... Wayne's beautiful '67 SS got wrecked! For many many years, a '67 Chevelle SS has been my dream car. I've loved Camaros since '67 also, but I always figured I'd find a way to get one, but a '67 Chevelle SS (although I could afford to get one) would not be a prudent purchase for an old retire fart.
this one is just as clean if not more. one thing I like is notice it's NOT tubbed. interior is all there just not sure about the drag racing starting back up but I can tell you, nothing brings a bigger smile than looking at the sky when you leave!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
but I can tell you, nothing brings a bigger smile than looking at the sky when you leave!
Made me laugh. That picture is really worth 1000 words or more. Good luck with the decision.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #8
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Wayne,
Looks like a great replacement, as you know on this beast I would check out the drivetrain real well. Is this one a 396 too?
Good luck
Old 02-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #9
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
My thoughts? BAD ASS, and Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Wayne,
Looks like a great replacement, as you know on this beast I would check out the drivetrain real well. Is this one a 396 too?
Good luck
oh no, 565 inch big block with powerglide and pro brake. man you don't have to double check cars like these much, back when we ran the car had the best of everything and this is easy to spot. that's on motor too, wait till I gas it
Old 02-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #11
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Awesome good luck and congrats!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #12
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
the replacement
any thoughts?
Attached Images

If that don't give a man wood he's dead.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote