Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
RS Package HID's Output pictures

Hey guys,

New here at the Camaro forums. I do not currently have a 2010 Camaro, but I will be graduating from college in May and I think it is going to be one of my first purchases when I start making money.

That being said, I am curious as to what the HID headlight output is like on the RS packaged Camaros. I have been searching the forums for a while and really cannot find any pictures. There are tons of pictures taken of the actual headlights but none of the actual output...at least that I can find.

So here's what I'm asking you RS owners to do for me, pretty please.

1. Get some shots of your Camaros headlights projected onto a wall about 25-30 feet away to show the cutoff.

2. Take some pictures of the output projected down the road with low beams and then with high beams.

I am really picky about headlights on the vehicles I drive. I have fairly poor night vision so having proper night lighting is always a plus.

I know the RS package is a little expensive, but I'm just curious to what those projectors are capable of. I am no stranger to Retrofitting either, My current vehicle is a 2002 Chevy Silverado with Acura TSX projectors retro-ed into aftermarket headlight housings. Here's some pics for you guys to see.

Night shot

Shot down the road.

A pic of the actual housings.

Side view at night

Cutoff

So hopefully my pictures give you guys an idea of the angles I am looking for. I used a Nikon S200 camera or something with a tripod to take these pics. A tripod helps immensely!

Oh yea and here's a daylight pic of my truck, I haven't been able to get good pictures of it for a while because of the snowy weather we have been having, but you get the idea.

So yea, lets see those pics guys! Later

Last edited by blackknight; 02-24-2010 at 11:00 AM.
blackknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
Don't have any pics of my lights (and with my iPhone couldn't get any decent ones anyway). The cut off in your second from the bottom picture is what mine looks like including the stair step pattern that appears to raise to the right. I haven't measured it by the top of the cut off appears to be at about the height of the lights and only dips down. The high beams don't seem to have any cut off and are VERY bright. The light output of the low beams matches or beats my previous car which had some of the super bright upgraded halogen bulbs (expensive buggers they were).
Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Yea I was disappointed no one wanted to show off pics of their cars! But thanks for the reply.

I actually did some deeper searching and found some pics in this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20605

They do look pretty stunning! It was a lot of work and a lot of money to retrofit my Silverado's headlights with projectors. So it would be nice to have a Camaro with the projectors installed from the factory. But I guess I could get a non-RS Camaro and retrofit a set of projectors into it. The end result is incomparable. Projectors with Xenon bulbs are by far the best headlight assembly possible. Halogens should be phased out.

I guess all I have to decided now is to get the RS package for a could bucks more, or save myself the trouble of retrofitting a non-RS with projectors...

Actually, first I need to get a Camaro!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Trust me they are very bright.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Yea man judging from the pics in the thread i posted, they do look fantastic.