Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #43
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
there is nothing illegal about accelerating fast to the speed limit dont be rediculous.

its illegal to spin your tires, and go over the speed limit.
No there is nothing illegal about accelerating fast to the speed limit. I've done it infront of cops and there is nothing they can do because i'm going the speed limit. But you can be pulled over for "Display of power". Yes that means spinning your tires or some cops will pull you over for revving your engine.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #44
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Unnecessary display of accerleration. It's a ticket, I promise you. It is illegal to hammer it from a stoplight.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #45
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
I've been thinking of making a small handheld sign to flash to those wannabe racers on the public streets: "meet you at the track

corny I know, but....

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #46
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
I've been thinking of making a small handheld sign to flash to those wannabe racers on the public streets: "meet you at the track

corny I know, but....
no no... its.... its good...

just teasin
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #47
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Unnecessary display of accerleration. It's a ticket, I promise you. It is illegal to hammer it from a stoplight.
Don't forget that most traffic laws are, at most, state-wide so some states might not have that on the books.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #48
playhard67
come to poppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That's a quadrillion.
Then comes Zillion

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #49
playhard67
come to poppa

I'm planning to go here and take an instructional class on this 2 mile road course. An instructor rides with you in your car and offers pointers, accident avoidance techniques, etc. Should be FUN!

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/

Old 10-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #50
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
quick story (story takes place in winter) while i was on a on ramp a idiot in a grand prix started to go speed up and spun out and pretty much ruined his car
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

at stop lights when the light turns green i might punch the gas to feel like im being pushed back in my seat (btw i love that feeling)

but once I get up to the speed limit i will slow down

Officer Tag( or anyone) is there A law that forbids fast take offs if your first at a stop light?
Yes, in AZ its called Exhibition Of Speed, not sure about other states but it is a crime

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #51
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
All I will say here is don't be a fool people! Just smile and let em go past you. Having a maro is not all about showing off power all time. Be SMART!
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #52
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVY4LF View Post
Yes, in AZ its called Exhibition Of Speed, not sure about other states but it is a crime
sometimes it seems like people make up the most bullshit laws.

seriously, how do you argue that?

he accelerated to fast!

no i didnt!
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #53
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
I'm not going to lie. I will go all out on the highway, absolutely. However I do have lines that I will not cross. One, if anyone is in the car with me, it's a no go. 2, if anyone other than the driver is in their car, it's a no go. 3, no where near city limits, no possibility of someone being near the highway or possibly pulling out. 4, after 11-midnight (ie no traffic.)

If all those are good to go....GAME ON.

Flame away.

If two people decide they are willing to put whatever risk on the table...that's on them. If you are on the highway in the middle of no where and you slow down to the speed limit if you begin approaching traffic ahead I don't see alot of harm in that. So yeah, game on.
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #54
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
1) Your hometown must be the only one in the entire nation where the city planners considered the needs of street racers and constructed the majority of roadways with no side access whatsoever between stoplights. This seems unlikely to the point of exaggeration on your part.

4) The entire point of my post was to show that there is nothing responsible about stoplight racing.

Well, I think it is obvious we need to clarify what a highway is here. If you have stoplights every half mile...that is not a freaking highway. That is a highway that is going through a city.

I know my highways like the back of my hand. I know where all the stoplights are. The places I know I will race have 10-15 miles between stoplights.

Also, yes, the highways I will run on DO NOT have side entrances in the vast majority of stretches. You have the ocean on one side and a bay on the other.
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #55
djpheer

Drives: 08 Civic SI
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
I'm not going to lie. I will go all out on the highway, absolutely. However I do have lines that I will not cross. One, if anyone is in the car with me, it's a no go. 2, if anyone other than the driver is in their car, it's a no go. 3, no where near city limits, no possibility of someone being near the highway or possibly pulling out. 4, after 11-midnight (ie no traffic.)

If all those are good to go....GAME ON.

Flame away.

If two people decide they are willing to put whatever risk on the table...that's on them. If you are on the highway in the middle of no where and you slow down to the speed limit if you begin approaching traffic ahead I don't see alot of harm in that. So yeah, game on.
I agree. I will go at in on the highway assuming there are no other cars in sight and I am alone. Sorry but I'm not wasting money on a car with 420+ horsepower to sit at stop lights and watch other people race. Flame away.
djpheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #56
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Please post when and where of your street races.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote