Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Car Show - NO Camaros?

Went to a show on Saturday, I had the ONLY Camaro of any generation that was being judged! 3 or 4 challengers, too many mustangs to count etc.
One of the judges did trailer an all original first gen but didn't put it in the show. This was in Richwood, KY and I did win a top 10 in post '85 catagory. There were 87 cars in the show, I couldn't believe no other Camaro's!

cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
Consider yourself lucky. There too many at at shows in my area, and we have 5 or 6 shows a month.
[SIGPIC]BMR springs/sways,CAI,SCT,Razzi, silver stripes, painted calipers, upgraded audio, Katzskin interior upgrades, 22" Lexani, SSW Headers and cats, MBRP 3" catback, gauges, CF wrapped lip spoiler and rear trunk insert, custom rotor and upgraded brake pads, side markers
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
The same thing happened to me at a show I went to on the 4th. There were probably 20+ Corvettes, but not one other Camaro. They had awards for best Camaro, Corvette, Mustang, etc. so needless to say I walked away with an award, but would have preferred if it actually meant something.
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Bring your other car and give yourself some competition
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Many of the local car shows there are only 1 or 2 at most. I put mine in 1 car show because there weren't any other Gen5's, otherwise I just go as a spectator. There are simply to many Gen5's on the market that they just aren't special any more except to the owners.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
Bring your other car and give yourself some competition
LMAO, never thought of that!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
cadyshac, where are you at in KY? I'm in Burlington. Same thing happened to me about six weeks ago. Went and entered a local show just for the hell of it since I'd never done that. Got there early'ish and ended up being the only Gen5 there. There were about 100 cars and quite a few were really nice but they were all 50's, 60's, 70' and a few 80's. Kind of by default I won the 2000+ category and got some nice props on the car but like you said the "win" was kind of hollow. I can't seem to find any local shows with more newer cars much less any other Camaro's.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Consider yourselves lucky when that happens - around here you can't throw a stone without hitting a Camaro.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Respectfully, and I do not mean to belittle your appreciation for cars, new or old, or make the enthusiasm you feel for your car and new Camaros a thing of ridicule, but I do not understand why people put new cars into car shows. I mean, I can see much the same thing at a new car dealership. I really mean no offense but it makes no sense to me. Maybe people confuse a "cruise" were people admire cars that drove in with a 'car show'? Or maybe around here, 'car shows' are different than other places, and its just what I grew up with.

As somebody that put a classic car into shows, a car that I bled and sweat and fretted over for literally thousands of hours to make presentable, please be aware that sometimes 'old car guys' perceive new cars at shows, as cars for which somebody simply writes a check each month. There can be resentment. Having been in that hobby for decades, I know plenty of 'old car guys' simply write checks too! But especially with local shows, it's the busted-knuckle types.

I am not saying you guys do this, but around here, when I was still going to cruises with my old Buick, guys with new cars would show up and act like they were 'one of the gang'. They didn't know a half-nine from an R45TS or a T3, but they acted as if they were the same as the 'car guys' that drove in a flathead Ford with a 6 volt system. That was resented.

There's different "worlds" with cars and I'm just saying that being aware of it might prevent some toes from being stepped on- whether it really happened or not, perception is everything
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Respectfully, and I do not mean to belittle your appreciation for cars, new or old, or make the enthusiasm you feel for your car and new Camaros a thing of ridicule, but I do not understand why people put new cars into car shows. I mean, I can see much the same thing at a new car dealership. I really mean no offense but it makes no sense to me. Maybe people confuse a "cruise" were people admire cars that drove in with a 'car show'? Or maybe around here, 'car shows' are different than other places, and its just what I grew up with.
I get what you're saying for bone-stock. You should come here and stand on a Chevy lot for a few months and see if you see a ZL1, convertible or coupe. If someone here wants to see one, they'll have to see it at a car show I enter or drive 50-100 miles to another dealer. Oh, and I'm stock enough to enter that class, but not bone-stock.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Most people that bring their 5th gens to car shows around the Detroit area aren't bone stock. Granted it may just be a cold air intake and some minor cosmetic changes, but none the less the Camaro get grandfathered in. Sure I wouldn't go to to a car show and expect to see a "factory fresh" 2013 Chevrolet Malibu entered, but strangely I wouldn't bawk at a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro being in the show.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Unless a few from my club show up, I'm usually always the only 5 gen. Maybe a few 1 gens will show up but this town is littered with Mustangs and Mopars. 2 huge Mustang clubs and zero Camaro clubs. They won't unite, I've tried. Started my own Camaro club last year that is now an all car club bc there are so few and prefer to roll solo. I still have more Camaros (mostly 5gen) in my club then any other car but still. 109 members to date.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
Went to a show on Saturday, I had the ONLY Camaro of any generation that was being judged! 3 or 4 challengers, too many mustangs to count etc.
One of the judges did trailer an all original first gen but didn't put it in the show. This was in Richwood, KY and I did win a top 10 in post '85 catagory. There were 87 cars in the show, I couldn't believe no other Camaro's!

KY? Depends on area. You'll see lots of Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers and Chargers in military towns
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #14
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
This was in Richwood, KY and I did win a top 10 in post '85 catagory. There were 87 cars in the show, I couldn't believe no other Camaro's!
There is no accounting for taste I guess! I would immediately move someplace where people have better taste in cars.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote