Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
RX Twin Turbo kit review long over due!

After a little over a year of sitting in silence over the hardship of getting my car 100% after taking delivery from RX I have had enough. So I will get down to the point quick.

I paid for a turnkey twin turbo kit from RX in Dec. 2011 and took delivery end of March 2012. And the car wasn't still ready, as I had to help and get dirty to finish the kit and test the car out. It felt great at first but later the nightmare began. I had his help at first but everything sent was wrong or even more wrong. SOOO I just started paying out of pocket for everything to fix the wrongs. I almost traded up for a 1LE but back out. To this day I am still paying for new MAF sensors and oil quarts. I have to clean my engine and MAF regularly. I was finally offered to have the car rebuilt with Matt (when he was there) looking over the improvements. When Matt left didn't like what I was seeing and being practiced at the shop so I backed off and cut ties to RX slowly. As of this past weekend I have finally worked out all the kinks thank's to some help from Derrick (Gretchen), Matt at FSP and Mike at SE-Power. Finding and custom making the parts needed properly has been a long task. But with me over looking it all and doing the labor myself I can ensure it's done right. Some may ask why I waited so long to open my mouth but enough is enough after seeing all these new builds going south under his direction. I am not the only one. Alex (V6owner) and Chris (BaylorCamaro) and I have wanted to write reviews for a long time. But we always gave Tracy a chance to right his wrongs but no thanks now. The message he left me tonight was uncalled for also after the mess I have been dealt from him.

All of my turbo kits problems since delivery.

1. Pipe welds break

2. Wrong size oil lines and fittings installed

3. Wastegates weren't install properly

4. Meth kit staying on continuously

5. Missing parts I paid for

6. Over tightened my header clamps causing clamp failure

7. Missing header bolts

8. Catch can failed

9. Wrong BOV spring

10. Boost control installed wrong

11. Charge pipes and intercooler filled with oil

Last edited by Can't_C_Me; 07-11-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Last edited by Can't_C_Me; 07-10-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I paid for a turnkey twin turbo kit from RX in Dec. 2011 and took delivery end of March 2012.
I know your pain, there's nothing turnkey about our kits. But I'm glad to hear your car is doing better. Now get yourself a proper Evac kit!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Glad you made the Custom TT work PROPERLY after a year. It only cost you am arm and a leg. Yes get the proper EVAC on that vette killer
Old 07-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
That's a lot of oil!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #6
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
=/
Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #7
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
good to see this thread.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #8
family man

Drives: .
Un-f'ing-believable, another hack job by RX.

I hope you get it sqaured away real soon, sorry this happened to you and the others.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #9
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Glad things are coming together on your build. No go have fun!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #10
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
After a little over a year of sitting in silence over the hardship of getting my car 100% after taking delivery from RX I have had enough. So I will get down to the point quick.

I paid for a turnkey twin turbo kit from RX in Dec. 2011 and took delivery end of March 2012. And the car wasn't still ready, as I had to help and get dirty to finish the kit and test the car out. It felt great at first but later the nightmare began. I had his help at first but everything sent was wrong or even more wrong. SOOO I just started paying out of pocket for everything to fix the wrongs. I almost traded up for a 1LE but back out. To this day I am still paying for new MAF sensors and oil quarts. I have to clean my engine and MAF regularly. I was finally offered to have the car rebuilt with Matt (when he was there) looking over the improvements. When Matt left didn't like what I was seeing and being practiced at the shop so I backed off and cut ties to RX slowly. As of this past weekend I have finally worked out all the kinks thank's to some help from Derrick (Gretchen), Matt at FSP and Mike at SE-Power. Finding and custom making the parts needed properly has been a long task. But with me over looking it all and doing the labor myself I can ensure it's done right. Some may ask why I waited so long to open my mouth but enough is enough after seeing all these new builds going south under his direction. I am not the only one. Alex (V6owner) and Chris (BaylorCamaro) and I have wanted to write reviews for a long time. But we always gave Tracy a chance to right his wrongs but no thanks now. The message he left me tonight was uncalled for also after the mess I have been dealt from him.

All of my turbo kits problems since delivery.

1. Pipe welds break

2. Wrong size oil lines and fittings installed

3. Wastegates weren't install properly

4. Meth kit staying on continuously

5. Missing parts I paid for

6. Over tightened my header clamps causing clamp failure

7. Missing header bolts

8. Catch can failed

9. Wrong BOV spring

10. Boost control installed wrong

11. Charge pipes and intercooler filled with oil
Bump for WOW!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #11
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
And it appears what we have is dishonesty and greed here......he was sent a brand new turbo over a years ago and refuses to return the one he claimed leaked (we shipped it as soon as he asked, with no pre-pay required) and he has refused to respond to requests to return it or the one he claimed leaked. That is $1200 he has cheated us out of. The entire story dosent seem to matter here does it.

Return the replacement or the faulty unit now.....or your essentially the dishonest one here.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
And it appears what we have is dishonesty and greed here......he was sent a brand new turbo over a years ago and refuses to return the one he claimed leaked (we shipped it as soon as he asked, with no pre-pay required) and he has refused to respond to requests to return it or the one he claimed leaked. That is $1200 he has cheated us out of. The entire story dosent seem to matter here does it.

Return the replacement or the faulty unit now.....or your essentially the dishonest one here.
Really? You made him pay $10k for something that wasn't even working properly and had to hane him fix it properly and your kit caused all that oul everywhere and you want something back?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

Really? Out of everything I said all you worried about is a broken turbo? I don't see where I have been dishonest at here. That turbo doesn't even cost $1200 I have priced them with many shops. I've sold the broke turbo to fund my rebuild project. And dont say you offered to fix everything thing. Because from what I have seen lately you aren't touching my car. I'm lucky I have been able to catch all these faults and fix them before it blew my engine. Not to mention that you always on meth kit almost started a fire in my trunk. There alot I haven't said before or in this post and I can continue posting pictures.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 07-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Quote:
Really? Out of everything I said all you worried about is a broken turbo? I don't see where I have been dishonest at here. That turbo doesn't even cost $1200 I have priced them with many shops. I've sold the broke turbo to fund my rebuild project. And dont say you offered to fix everything thing. Because from what I have seen lately you aren't touching my car. I'm lucky I have been able to catch all these faults and fix them before it blew my engine. Not to mention that you always on meth kit almost started a fire in my trunk. There alot I haven't said before or in this post and I can continue posting pictures.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Meth kit must have been hooked up backwards

Closed Thread