Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-29-2019, 08:25 AM   #1
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Goodyear Runflats gatta go!

Just bought a 2019 2SS with 5K miles. These factory tires are just not
compatible with 450HP. Out right dangerous to me. So has anyone tried
the Bridgestone S007A runflats? Only runflat in the same sizes that might do the job. IF I go non-runflats I need a compact spare($350) and then could
still be a problem in the summer(remote southern NV.) Bad area to have a tire issue. Anyway I was looking at the Vredestein Vorti as a non-runflat to keep
the cost reasonable(good reviews on the tire). Any thoughts other than
Michelin 4S's?
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #2
chuckclanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckclanton View Post
Just bought a 2019 2SS with 5K miles. These factory tires are just not
compatible with 450HP. Out right dangerous to me. So has anyone tried
the Bridgestone S007A runflats? Only runflat in the same sizes that might do the job. IF I go non-runflats I need a compact spare($350) and then could
still be a problem in the summer(remote southern NV.) Bad area to have a tire issue. Anyway I was looking at the Vredestein Vorti as a non-runflat to keep
the cost reasonable(good reviews on the tire). Any thoughts other than
Michelin 4S's?
So, no opinions. Went with Bridgestone S007A Runflats. Will let all know how they compare to the Goodyears
Old 10-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #3
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I liked the Goodyears other than in rain. They were the most hydroplaning tire I've ever experienced since my first car in 1990. I went with Pilot Sport 4S's and carry an air compressor and plug kit. I just recently saw those Bridgestones, look forward to hearing your opinion.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
The has the same bolt pattern but I’m not sure the hub diameter is the same as the Camaro. This is a rather cost effective spare tire.

https://www.ebay.com/i/163870904784?...26pg%3D2386202

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:49 PM   #5
zirad54

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, MRC, NPP,
I don't have any real issues with the stock goodyears except for road noise. Living in Houston we get a lot of rain but I have not had any issues in the rain either. I have a very heavy foot so I don't understand why you state that "they are outright dangerous". I've pushed mine very hard and never had any issues. Anyway, when the time comes, I will probably end up with another set of Goodyears just based upon the price.
zirad54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
The stock Goodyear’s are probably the best runflat available. I’d be shocked if you find a better one.

They were a next gen runflat in 2016 too
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #7
chuckclanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirad54 View Post
I don't have any real issues with the stock goodyears except for road noise. Living in Houston we get a lot of rain but I have not had any issues in the rain either. I have a very heavy foot so I don't understand why you state that "they are outright dangerous". I've pushed mine very hard and never had any issues. Anyway, when the time comes, I will probably end up with another set of Goodyears just based upon the price.
Have you been on the track with them? I have. Cant handle 450 HP.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #8
Crysiswar6

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
I'm also not a fan of them. I only have 1700 miles on my 19 SS that I've had for just shy of a month and now have had Continental DWS06 all seasons on for just over a week. So far I have been more impressed with them than the "Max Performance Summer" tire that the Goodyear run flats pretend to be. Its bad that I have the same grip in rain/snow with the all seasons than i did with the Goodyears on dry asphalt. Will probably be putting on different tires for the rear next spring. Thinking about NT05s..
Crysiswar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #9
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I'd be interested in seeing how those Bridgestones shake out. I was looking at them but couldn't get the right size for 1LE tires so I went with the new Yokohama Advans when I received the wheels. They've been good on street and in rain so far...
Old 11-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #10
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I can drive and have several HPDE events under my belt and when it rained, the damn car would change lanes or half a lane with zero notice if I tried to do anything over about 55. Especially on mountain roads. No car I've ever owned (and there are about 60 total) has ever done that. My Eagle GSC's back in 95 were about as bad.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #11
chuckclanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brudda*Termite View Post
I'd be interested in seeing how those Bridgestones shake out. I was looking at them but couldn't get the right size for 1LE tires so I went with the new Yokohama Advans when I received the wheels. They've been good on street and in rain so far...
Have an autocross Dec 8th Vegas Speedway Metro Lot on the S007A runflats.
We shall see.