Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #1947
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
Out of curiosity - which Mustang was it? 2005 through 2009 or the new 2010?

I really enjoy my 2008 Mustang, but the overall experience of my friend's 2LT Camaro seems closer to the feel of the high end BMWs that my other friends have than the Ford.

Love all 3 cars I mentioned for what they are, but they are very distinct from one another.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #1948
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
and you would be within your right to say that, because it's true. why compare cars with 100+ more HP than the other car to begin with seems OK for 111+ hp but not ok for 114+ hp lol go figure.
Comparing cars with drastically different pricepoints can be interesting from a trivia perspective but that's all it is. By this logic the Cobra should be compared with a Ferrari 612 or Nissan GT-R but that's just silly despite the chance to poke fun at Nissan's self destruct button. If those cars don't outclass the Cobra at their pricepoints they are flat out failures, fortunately for those manufacturers only the most die-hard Mustang fan would choose the Cobra in that mix if they were all the same price.

Most car comparisons are from the perspective of a potential buyer and not out in fanboy fantasyland though. Such comparisons must take into account that people are working to get the most car they can for their budget. If your budget is big enough to fit in a Cobra then sure you might compare it to a Camaro SS but if factory performance is your goal the Cobra clearly provides that higher performance with it's higher cost. That's not much for Ford or it's fans to brag about though, it's simply Ford providing what is needed for the Cobra to have a place in the market. If it wasn't significantly faster than muscle cars that were much cheaper it would become a very low volume, mostly pointless waste of time and money. While this is a niche that Dodge seems to have a habit of flirting with via their SRT line but Ford and GM seem to work to avoid aside from the occasional experiment (examples: Ford GT, Chevy SSR, etc).

Personally I think you already understood everything I just typed and are just being a stubborn fanboy but if you really didn't understand I hope that helped you out.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #1949
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
Seems kinda silly to compare.
Why not just compare the 2010 Camaro vs the 2010 Mustang?
There are several reasons but mostly because this discussion was prompted by Ford trying to draw attention away from how badly their 2010 models are outclassed by comparably priced competition in straightline speed. There are times I wonder about Ford's business & marketing choices like Taurus, no 500, no Taurus but I think Ford is playing this one smart, it worked like a charm here afterall.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:31 AM   #1950
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
to each their own
Old 09-23-2009, 05:44 AM   #1951
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
Comparing cars with drastically different pricepoints can be interesting from a trivia perspective but that's all it is. By this logic the Cobra should be compared with a Ferrari 612 or Nissan GT-R but that's just silly despite the chance to poke fun at Nissan's self destruct button. If those cars don't outclass the Cobra at their pricepoints they are flat out failures, fortunately for those manufacturers only the most die-hard Mustang fan would choose the Cobra in that mix if they were all the same price.

Most car comparisons are from the perspective of a potential buyer and not out in fanboy fantasyland though. Such comparisons must take into account that people are working to get the most car they can for their budget. If your budget is big enough to fit in a Cobra then sure you might compare it to a Camaro SS but if factory performance is your goal the Cobra clearly provides that higher performance with it's higher cost. That's not much for Ford or it's fans to brag about though, it's simply Ford providing what is needed for the Cobra to have a place in the market. If it wasn't significantly faster than muscle cars that were much cheaper it would become a very low volume, mostly pointless waste of time and money. While this is a niche that Dodge seems to have a habit of flirting with via their SRT line but Ford and GM seem to work to avoid aside from the occasional experiment (examples: Ford GT, Chevy SSR, etc).

Personally I think you already understood everything I just typed and are just being a stubborn fanboy but if you really didn't understand I hope that helped you out.
I understand you completely budd, as you can already tell ( i know you can because you are smart) I wasn't being that serious. I never am, and unlike a "fanboy" you will never hurt my feeling no matter how hard you try

You have a good day and treat yourself right
Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 AM   #1952
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Could you describe "feels like driving a toy" I'm not sure i understood that part, what would driving a toy feel like? i do like the 10's interior more than the 09's, i drove a camaro as well an SS the interior is decent, a bit oddly shaped for my taste, and hard to see out of. but overall a more plush ride than the mustang, still driving it i felt like the car was swallowing me and i am not a small guy.glad you test drove both though was it a 2010?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:15 AM   #1953
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
I do apologize....for confusing you with facts and logic. From now on, I'll just post pretty pictures.
Yes, facts and logic like Mustang side impact airbags belong on the Camaro forums. Don't mistake me, I understand that that is all the current crop of Mustangs have going for them, I just think it's a pretty pathetic.

Hopefully the new Mustang will be what you guys hope it will be, and you can at least argue about things that we care about.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #1954
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post

Hopefully the new Mustang will be what you guys hope it will be, and you can at least argue about things that we care about.
Unless they rename the new Mustang to Camaro I somehow doubt that will be possible.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #1955
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Fixed.
Nope just stating the fact that you were stating an opinion and NOT a fact. When it gets to the facts and you cut out anything subjective (ie styling), for every aspect the Camaro has over the Mustang, the Mustang has one over the Camaro.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #1956
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
Unless they rename the new Mustang to Camaro I somehow doubt that will be possible.
While I cant speak for anyone else, I know for a fact that if I wanted a Camaro I would have one. But neither the new Camaro or the new Mustang lived up to my expectation's. So I have a 09 Stang instead.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #1957
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Yes, facts and logic like Mustang side impact airbags belong on the Camaro forums. Don't mistake me, I understand that that is all the current crop of Mustangs have going for them, I just think it's a pretty pathetic.
Of course, how ridiculous that in a Camaro vs Mustang thread someone actually know something about the Mustang. More incredible, some of those facts actually make the Mustang look like a decent car. It would be a far better place if every thread were simply titled 'Mustang is the Suxor'
Old 09-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #1958
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Nope just stating the fact that you were stating an opinion and NOT a fact. When it gets to the facts and you cut out anything subjective (ie styling), for every aspect the Camaro has over the Mustang, the Mustang has one over the Camaro.
Pot -> Kettle.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #1959
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Pretty sure the only thing the mustang had over the camaro was handling, which it barely won?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #1960
2010-1SS-IBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Of course, how ridiculous that in a Camaro vs Mustang thread someone actually know something about the Mustang. More incredible, some of those facts actually make the Mustang look like a decent car. It would be a far better place if every thread were simply titled 'Mustang is the Suxor'
And then there's the facts that you refuse to acknowledge, like horsepower.

Is the Mustang a comparatively decent car for horsepower? Do you think people who buy Camaros and Mustangs are interested in horsepower? Was this thread actually about future-year Mustang horsepower? Was Ford smart to try to include more horsepower in the Mustang, or should they have tried instead to further their supposed lead in side-impact airbags?

Remember horsepower?

Horsepower...

What you read in that:

And then there's the facts that you refuse to acknowledge.

Is the Mustang a comparatively decent car? Do you think people buy Camaros and Mustangs? Was this thread actually about the future-year Mustang? Is Ford smart?

Remember?

Closed Thread